• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario vs Shiek

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
I have no idea what to do as Mario vs Shiek. She is really hard to attack since she recovers so quickly and she can then just either hit me or grab me. As soon as I get grabbed I'm either going to take 70% damage or just going to get slapped and die. I typically just get chain grabbed and tilted across the stage and then slapped at the edge. The best thing I've found to do is to never jump higher than a short jump, camp fireballs, never drop combos and do some crazy edge guards(but this often gets me killed instead). This is fine if I never mess up, but the second I make one mistake, I get grabbed and I'm dead. I'm also not sure how to edge guard against her. I feel like I need to gimp her because it's so easy for her to gimp Mario since his wall jump is garbage now.

I mainly face the same Shiek player and I can usually get fair share of wins against any other character that he plays, but when he plays Shiek, I might win maybe 1/10 games if I'm lucky. He's a little better than me, but not so much that I should go the whole play session without taking a game. I feel like I need to outplay him 3x over to win. So many free kills :(

Any adivce? Thanks!

Top Bottom