• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario vs Diddy

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Lets talk about this right now. he's literally the only character really giving me a lot of problems. I feel like Mario is solid enough to handle a lot of match ups but diddy... I grow a blank every time. Sweep through my sets and drop it in finals sets against a Diddy Kong.

And I know it has to be possible because Ally has beaten M2k's Diddy with MARIO. I'm hoping it's literally possibility that Mario has the tools to beat Diddy and not the possibility that M2K has no idea how to fight Mario....yet.

Soo lets discuss with each other what Mario has against Diddy on every situation whether in Advantage or Disadvantage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm gonna be real...Ally is a WAY better player than M2K. And M2K literally plays Diddy like he does Melee Marth.

The games Ally wins Mario vs Diddy, I swear he basically gets super clutch F-smash reads to even how badly he loses the rest of the matchup. Pretty much Mario is outclassed in this matchup unless he finds a way to sneak in gimps or F-smashes.

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I'm gonna be real...Ally is a WAY better player than M2K. And M2K literally plays Diddy like he does Melee Marth.

The games Ally wins Mario vs Diddy, I swear he basically gets super clutch F-smash reads to even how badly he loses the rest of the matchup. Pretty much Mario is outclassed in this matchup unless he finds a way to sneak in gimps or F-smashes.
I mean, that could be true, but M2K's still M2K. If Ally is playing so well vs Diddy at that high of a level, Mario HAS to have something on the character.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I mean, that could be true, but M2K's still M2K. If Ally is playing so well vs Diddy at that high of a level, Mario HAS to have something on the character.
I mean, F-smash kills kinda ridiculously early. So there's that...

Honestly, compared to other high level players, M2K's performance is really cringe-worthy at times. He loses to really dumb things because he's honestly pretty predictable and just relies a lot on technical skill to get anywhere. I watched him literally fish for grabs when Ally had clearly caught on and was punishing him for it repeatedly. Neither of them really prove anything about the characters they were playing.

The games Ally wins, from what I've observed, are ones that mostly just demonstrate Ally is better at spacing than his opposition. The times he lands U-smash in tournament, his opponents literally just give it to him sometimes rather than just choosing conservative options like going for the ledge or platforms. F-smash reads are self explanatory. And Ally rarely ever pulls off any noteworthy combos, and most of the time is just running around with aerials and F-throw. Hell in almost all the Diddy matches I've seen...he's pretty much coming from behind in all of them.

I don't think M2K is anywhere nearly as comparatively amazing right now as he was in previous games. Ally, Will, ZeRo, and others I believe are in a different league than him.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
While I don't want to discredit M2K , I do agree that his performance with Diddy is nowhere near the level of ADHD or Jtails. He barely uses bananas after all.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I'll give you guys that. After watching those games. It does indeed look like M2k is not using Diddy to full potential.

However, M2k destroyed me in Grand finals Diddy vs Mario last time I played him in tournament. M2k's still a very intelligent player.

Diddy most likely still wins this match up, but I believe it can be possible with Mario just seeing what Ally has shown with the character.

Top Bottom