• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Tips?

Dysleksikk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dysleksikk
I've mained Mario from pretty much the first game, and throughout the series he's always gotten better and better. So my issue is that I think I've tapped out what I can learn by myself as a Mario player. I was wondering if anyone could talk about their experiences, and strategies as Mario. So really my question should be is there anybody who can exchange techniques as both Mario and a player. I feel as though I've mastered Mario to the highest point I can achieve but I believe I can learn more. I focus a lot on his aerial game, and finish with either 3 moves, Back Throw, Side Smash, or an Up Smash. Usually I use the Down Smash to apply pressure to a player that rolls a lot, sometimes it works as a good finisher as well. the Up Special I primarily use exclusively as a recovery act, I rarely use it to attack because of it's low knock back at lower percentages,and is very easy to punish when missed. His Down Throw I use as a combo starter, as it has a pitiful Knock Back but leaves them close enough to add more strikes in. I use his Aerial Back A as a Pressure for edge guarding, this as well is a good finisher at extremely high percentages. Flood (Down Special) I have recently found out can give an ever so slight push back toward the stage, this can help recover from a pretty far launch. The Aerial over A is harder to hit for me, I feel as though they have added more frames and lowered the hit box. These are my findings as a Mario Main in Smash 4, most of which is present in Brawl as well. Please add any additional information to his strongest abilities, My playstyle is very offensive, does Mario work just as well or even better defensively?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
F-air (Forward Aerial) is the same amount of frames as it is in Brawl.

Your question is very general so I could write an essay on it. Could you try to narrow it down some?

As for playstyles, you should be doing both when warranted. You get aggressive when you feel the opponent can't properly make correct options against you and you go passive when your opponent has to approach.

Top Bottom