• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Party Series

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Talk about everything Mario Party related here, Such as Mini games, Items, Characters, Characters that should of been in, Boards, Etc.

Now, Discuss!

Ange

Smash Lord
I think only one thread should apply to all the Parties, since theyre all pretty much the same thing.

But.

To be honest.
Mario Party 2 and 3 is the best in my option, also theyre the first ones I played. Originality beats everything, and mini-games are extremely fun and isnt copied from another (as theyre early ones), and I love the fact that the characters in the 2nd have costumes for the respective board. I remember I got sad when the 3rd didnt, but I got over it. xD
The music score gets to me VERY MUCH in games too, and I love these 2 games scores. Also I actually enjoy Bowsers 64 look, it looks cool. [: I dont really care about graphics, as long as the gameplay/story/anything else is fine, which these two games are. Amazing games.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mario Party 7 is my most favroite Mario Party game, though I still think Mario Party 6 is the best. Mario Party 8 is fun, but it needs more mini games to be better IMO. But regardless, they all have Toadette, which is my most favroite Mario chracter, she owns and she's cute. <3

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I think only one thread should apply to all the Parties, since theyre all pretty much the same thing.

But.

To be honest.
Mario Party 2 and 3 is the best in my option, also theyre the first ones I played. Originality beats everything, and mini-games are extremely fun and isnt copied from another (as theyre early ones), and I love the fact that the characters in the 2nd have costumes for the respective board. I remember I got sad when the 3rd didnt, but I got over it. xD
The music score gets to me VERY MUCH in games too, and I love these 2 games scores. Also I actually enjoy Bowsers 64 look, it looks cool. [: I dont really care about graphics, as long as the gameplay/story/anything else is fine, which these two games are. Amazing games.

Ok, I liked the first 3, but I was a little sad that they didn't have Toad... :urg: But of course I got ever it because those games were fun and the Mini games were just awesome.
4 was ok in my Opinion.
5 was great! Espically since it had Toad and Boo! But the item system sucked
6 Was good, Even better than 5.
7 Was ok, But it was a clone of 6....
8 was great, but lacked some stuff, But I don't know what... And lastly, The DS one, It was both cool and Great :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I've only ever played #1, #2, and #4.
I thought 1 and 2 were fantastic. My favorite was the Colored mushroom game (Does anyone know what I'm talking about)

but #4 had that falling page Mini game which I loved and it had a beach volleyball game, which was awesome =D

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I've only ever played #1, #2, and #4.
I thought 1 and 2 were fantastic. My favorite was the Colored mushroom game (Does anyone know what I'm talking about)

but #4 had that falling page Mini game which I loved and it had a beach volleyball game, which was awesome =D

Oh that game you're talking about! Its called Mushroom Mix-Up, That was one of my Favorites!

Also, The Mini-game on 4, I believe it was called " BookMark "

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Will the series ever end?
HELL NO, THEY NEED TO LIVE FOREVER!!!

But they need to make the sieres more addctive though.

So, how many do they have out nowadays? 11?
Let's see:

Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Party 4
Mario Party E
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party Advance
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 8
Mario Party DS

Your right. I will say that Mario Party 5 is very very under rep though, with Game Informer giving it a 2 and everything. =/

I will still say the Mario Party 7 is the best and most funnest though, but Mario Party 6 tops it however.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Oh, cool, it was just a shot in the dark. I pretty much stopped playing them after Mario Party 3. I actually thought I'd own them all, but when 4 rolled around, I though tto myself, "Screw that. I'm gettin' some good quality games." What the heck is Mario Party E, anyway?

Ange

Smash Lord
Ive never played the 4th one, because it somehow didnt appeal to me, also I already had 5 when I saw it first so I thought it was no idea.
The 5th one is very good in my option, the boards where good and the mini-games amazing. Some of them is still my favorites of all time.
The 6th one is like.. same as MP5, only that you now could choose Toadette! I instantly falled for her and seriously used her whenever I would play something. xD Shes just so adorable. The 7th title is also very good, however the boards was less fun than in previous titles. I somehow see the 5th, 6th and 7th linked somehow, but its prolly cause theyre all for the NGC.

Now for the sad part, Ive only played the 8th once.. /once/. Never again because.. I played it with my cousin and it seriously wasnt so fun, and playing MPs by yourself is VERY boring in my option. :/ If I saw my sister again (shes away ftm), then I would play it as crazy, tho I hate the fact that you cant CHOOSE which Battle mini-game is gonna be picked, stupid randomness ruins everything. :/!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Mario party 5 was a great game. Not amazing but the minigames were still good. My favourite was "fish___on a star" (the one where the stage is shaped like a star and the fish destroy it).

The originals were also fun.

-:bowser:Bowser King

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
HELL NO, THEY NEED TO LIVE FOREVER!!!

But they need to make the sieres more addctive though.

Let's see:

Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Party 4
Mario Party E
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party Advance
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 8
Mario Party DS

Your right. I will say that Mario Party 5 is very very under rep though, with Game Informer giving it a 2 and everything. =/

I will still say the Mario Party 7 is the best and most funnest though, but Mario Party 6 tops it however.

I think the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th ones were good all others DIIIEEEEEEEEEE so .... yeah Nintendo if your reading this .. make a good game for gamers... and stop making mario party ... thanks..

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I like all the Mario party game minigames, butt the boards take forever because of them.

Gameplay is rediculously slow, I don't think they should stop the game more than once a turn for a minigame of any type, and even that makes the games take a really long time.

EDIT: The game would be more fun if you had like five turns between 4 player minigames instead of one. And if board motion was faster.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After the originals, MP has pretty much become a joke in the minds of reviewers. I think the only reason the series is still alive is because they EAT THOSE GAMES UP in Japan. Seriously they love it over there.

It's a solid party game, but I find it extremely boring to play by yourself. Why play MP when you can play other greats like Metroid Prime 3, Zelda TP, or SMG? And when it comes to party games SSB series kicks Mario Party's a** any day.

I guess it's all about opinions.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I like to play Mario Party with my friends or my mom (yes, she does actually play video games). My favorite ones are in this order:

MP4
MP2
MP3
MP1
MP8

I haven't played the others, except for MP5, which I did find kind of boring.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
They should stop making Mario Party games because they basically recycle the same mini-games over and over and over again with minor changes. I have Mario Party 4 on my Gamecube and that game was pretty good but then I played 6 and 7 and one of those were really bad in my opinion. Sadly, this game makes Nintendo alot of money so we can count on Mario Party 20 in the future, no?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mario Party 6 and 7 is bad?!? WTF!?! I understand Mario Party 7, but I can't understand how anyone could dislike 6.

EDIT: The game would be more fun if you had like five turns between 4 player minigames instead of one. And if board motion was faster.
They had this in Mario Party 3, some people thought it was a bad idea so they took it off. =/

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mario Party 6 and 7 is bad?!? WTF!?!

The majority of them are bad tbh. Mario Party is turning into one of those games where the game company abuses it just to milk all the money they can out of the cash cow until the cow finally dies.

Different boards, characters, mini-games, and a new lame story mode that has something do with Bowser = Mario Party 9

Matt07

Smash Master
I loved the N64 ones, I never really played the Gamecube, and Wii ones. Mario Party 1,2,3 is such a blast with your friends, it's really fun.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Mario Party- Compare to the others, is more unfair since every mini game you lose, you lose cash. When I first played this, it had a fresh feel to it and was fun at the time.

Mario Party 2- Loved it, the costum play, the fact that going to Boo is more effective way to win, and most of the mini games are fun, that's what I'm talking about. Favroite mini game is the Pyro Jump Rope.

Mario Party 3- Hell yes, Waluigi is in this game and I rocked with him. The mini games was a little harder than ever though, but I got use to it, the stages was hard as well.

Mario Party 4- I had the biggest party with this, I mean every few weeks I invite a few friends over and play this game, yes that's how epic it is.

Mario Party 5- Didn't play it too much, of course I'm glad Boo's in, but the mini games wasn't too fun to play in my option, but it's still good to me.

Mario Party 6- Best Mario Party Ever, not just because you can play Koopa Kid and Boo in it. The stages was very fun, the mini games was very fun, (love the Mic mini games). Heck, I still play this game from time to time and invite firends over to play it.

Mario Party 7- Sadly, the most unfair Mario Party that's based on too much luck. Some of the stages was fun to play on, but when Bowser Time comes, it just breaks the heart of one unlucky sucker that's in first place or so. I enjoyed the mini games and the new chracter items, and the 8 way teams, (Boo and Waluigi FTW), and the mic mini games, but not the stages too much because of Bowser time.

Mario Party 8- I'll say the most fair Mario Party so far to me, no chance mode to jack you up, no Boo stealing your star, (though Bowser still steal your star). I would like it more if they made more mini games and such. This Mario Party looks like it was rushed to be made. I still make a party over my house to play this still.

But over all, I always have a blast with Mario Party, inviting friends over to play it with at least 20 turns with Pizza and Pop is always the Mario Party sprit.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The majority of them are bad tbh. Mario Party is turning into one of those games where the game company abuses it just to milk all the money they can out of the cash cow until the cow finally dies.

Different boards, characters, mini-games, and a new lame story mode that has something do with Bowser = Mario Party 9
You mean like the Guitar Hero series?

And doesn't Mario get tired of having parties? Doesn't Bowser have anything better to do than try to ruin Mario and Co.'s fun?

And why isn't Mario Party online yet on the Wii? It's a party game and I'd figure that some kind of online would be good.

Oh and I don't remember which Mario Party I hated (It was either 6 or 7, all I remember is t hat Bowser lets you face him and baby bower and if you lose, he takes your star. That pissed me off and I almost threw my wavebird at the TV but I didn't...).

Nintendo knows that they're milking the Mario Party series for every penny. They know that kids will buy it because the Wii is targeted towards "casual" gamers.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh and I don't remember which Mario Party I hated (It was either 6 or 7, all I remember is t hat Bowser lets you face him and baby bower and if you lose, he takes your star. That pissed me off and I almost threw my wavebird at the TV but I didn't...)
That was Mario Party 7's final mini game.... on story mode. O_o

Because at Mario Party 6, you get to play as Koopa Kid.

Ange

Smash Lord
Well the Party games ARE getting more and more unoriginal, and they keep adding new modes thats pretty much useless, like if you have the mic-mode OFF in the 7th for example, when you land on the pad with it, it will still have the loooooong secuence with Toadsworth. |: very slow.

Although I like the 5th, 6th and 7th (the 8th lack mayor features), the originals are still the best. One shouldnt forget that these games are for FUN and arent for competitive play. However, its kindoff needed to have people to play with, as doing it alone is boring. :/

The N64 ones have more originallity (if not 100%).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That was Mario Party 7's final mini game.... on story mode. O_o

Because at Mario Party 6, you get to play as Koopa Kid.

Well then I guess I hate Mario Party 7. Although I did like the Mario Party one where 8 people can play at once. (2 per controller, one uses the control stick while the 2nd player uses the c-stick)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Did anyone find the item system for Mario Party 5 a little farfetched? The capsule system was very weird, as you could either choose to play it (at it's cost) or lay on a space. Plus, the store didn't offer a good variety. This, plus somewhat decent maps and less than average music adds to my least liking for this game.

Now, Mario Party 2 first introduced the item system, and every item was (freaking) expensive. Mushrooms and Skeleton Keys at 10 coins? However, they were definately worth it, especially with secret key areas. No one can forget the awesome Horror Land, and the interesting bank system in Bowser Land. It was cool to see a lot of new mini games, plus some returning from the original (Shy Guy Says, Hexagon Heat, ect.). Probably my third favorite in the series.

Mario Party 4 was the first on the GC. The images of the characters looks very round and puffy, but the music, boards, ridiculous items, and epic mini games were something to remember. Booksquirm, Blame it on the Crane, Beach Volleyball, and Boss mini-games were great! Maybe it's baised, but this is my favorite.

The only reason Mario Party wasn't my favorite (second) was because the center of my hand would get blistered from the intense mini-games, and that I lost coins when it was team play mini-games (when losing).

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Everyone who has played MP2 must know how extremely awkward Luigi's voice is in that game.
The weird part was that was voice acted by Charles Martinet, the guy who normally does Mario and Luigi but this time it sounded like he was having a stroke...

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
They should stop making Mario Party games because they basically recycle the same mini-games over and over and over again with minor changes. I have Mario Party 4 on my Gamecube and that game was pretty good but then I played 6 and 7 and one of those were really bad in my opinion. Sadly, this game makes Nintendo alot of money so we can count on Mario Party 20 in the future, no?
Yeah, I think we can :bee:

And why isn't Mario Party online yet on the Wii? It's a party game and I'd figure that some kind of online would be good.
Yeah, I hope the next Mario Party has Wifi, Even if its only for the mini games

I think you can in 5 as well. I always played as him ^_^

Lol, I think I know why :laugh:

Everyone who has played MP2 must know how extremely awkward Luigi's voice is in that game.
The weird part was that was voice acted by Charles Martinet, the guy who normally does Mario and Luigi but this time it sounded like he was having a stroke...
Yup, His voice sounded really strange

Ange

Smash Lord
Ahh dont mock it. XD I thought it was funny tho, specially when he loose, it sounds so.. epic?

"Auhh... I lost...:dizzy:"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I hated Mario Party 5 for the whole capsule idea. They removed the store and they basically pick the item for you!!!! I liked the shop at the stores and buy what I want!

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I hated Mario Party 5 for the whole capsule idea. They removed the store and they basically pick the item for you!!!! I liked the shop at the stores and buy what I want!

Yeah, You're Right. That was a big mistake they made. :ohwell:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think what really "ruined" the series was having 4 games on 1 console.
I remember playing 4 at my friends house and thinking of buying it only to find number 5 was about to be released.
I bought 5 and after what I think was 7-8 months, number 6 came out. Then 7 near the end of the the GC's life.
If they had just put 4 and 5 together and done the same with 6 and 7 it would have actually been a great move. It was a terrible idea releasing 4 games =/

Top Bottom