• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Cape bug on Ness

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Was playing randoms with my friend last weekend, and we got a match of Ness vs Mario. We were playing the match as normal, until I tried to bair him while approaching the stage. He swung his cape, it hit me just as I began the attack and jumped (pressed jump button and pushed c-stick at the same time) and Ness immediately went into his t-stance, unable to do anything I literally slid past the edge, not able to grab it. The most annoying part is that this costed me my stock, as I was unable to attack, jump, up-b or even grab the ledge, even though I was facing the edge.

We thought this was a one time glitch, so we left it for awhile. Later on, when playing against computers, the exact same thing happened. Off stage approaching, caped while doing DJ bair, t-stance, slid past ledge to death. Its not the biggest glitch ever, but because it happened two times in one day, I think its something to look into at least.

It reminds me of a similar glitch in 2.1, where if you set buffer to 10, then jump, DJ and attack with the buffer, it puts Ness into t-stance (Lucas too). Again its not the most impacting bug, but losing 2 stocks in a day due to a glitch is kinda annoying.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
It happened with mario using both the homebrew and hackless (hackless while friends were over, homebrew against CPU)

the other glitch with the buffer happened in both again, I used both at times.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
No, when it happened with mario, we were playing no buffer (I havnt been able to replicate it with buffer in 2.5 due to the 3 frame buffer, too quick lol)

They may be seperate glitches, i dont know, I only connected them because they both result in t-stance.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Double post, it happened again, pics this time:

[COLLAPSE="Pics in collapse"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Its just getting annoying now rofl, the cape is bad enough when it doesnt do things like this, luckily I managed to land this time instead of falling to my death.

Top Bottom