• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marcina Discord Community! (No more Marth Skype)

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
Click here to join the Marth/Lucina Discord!

What's Discord you ask? Discord is an instant messenger (think Skype, or IRC) that has been making leaps and bounds within many gaming communities, the Smash community being no exception. Discord can allow you to chat with multiple people online with little lag between messages in real-time. There are different channels set up to help filter you through different types of discussion.

As for what makes the Marth/Lucina Discord special, we're actually one of the largest and most productive character discords. If you want to learn how to play as Marcina or you just want to meet other Marcina mains, this is the place for you!

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Yo Everyone! The Marth chat migrated again! Now we're on Discord! This time we're combining with the Lucinas so I figured I'd post this here. Discord is much better and here's why (copied from this post from the Shulks). Discord has dramatically improved our community and everything is great and I highly recommend joining.

-Can be used in your browser or through the program. I recommend the program, but it's your choice. Also works on phones.
-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.
-It's very useful for people to be able to set how loud they hear each individual (as mics are different in sensitivity)
-No Skype lag (this was very annoying)
-The program itself is made to use machine resources very efficiently. It takes up very little space when open. On the other hand, my laptop cries when I have Skype open.
-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.
-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers
-It is easier to tell who is online, afk, or offline.
-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having somebody host a call. And, again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be used for different things.
-No ads (Skype has ads)
-Free (Teamspeak costs money)
-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]
-Your IP is protected
-Much more features to come in the future, as it's still new and being updated. Some thing I am aware of which will come in the future are the capabilities for custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

You can read more about Discord from their main site.

Rules (you must read these)
These can also be found in the #stuff_to_read channel too.

1) No NSFW Posts. Mainly images but applies to comments too. This results in an IMMEDIATE ban. Strictly prohibited! If you wouldn’t want a teacher or a boss to see what you are about to post or the comment you are about to send, don’t post it.

(2) Character Bashing - Don’t bash our main, or other characters! Strictly not allowed! You will be warned if you are “bashing” a character. This is not an outlet for your complaints against our character.

(3) Baiting / Bullying / Pedestaling other players in the chat. Everyone is treated equally with respect. If you are “toxic” to this chat community you will be warned. Bear in mind that being toxic is a vague word but the moderators will let you know if you are breaking this rule and will give you a warning. Repeat offenders will get banned. This is supposed to be a safe haven for our character mains, anybody against that goal will be removed.

(4) No spamming the chats. Be it images, memes, or constant message notification spam. You will be warned if you are spamming.

(5) If you add someone who was previously banned without the moderators knowing so, both parties will be removed.

(6) Do not change your name to be the same as someone else. Attempting to masquerade as another person is a bannable offense.

(7) Please use the channels for their intended purpose.

(8) Please show respect when you’re in the voice chats.

Discord can also be a bit overwhelming so in the #stuff_to_read there is a post called Discord Tour which explains how to use the Marcina Discord (specifically the channels), please read that as well.

Post a comment in this thread to be added to the Marcina Discord, I will PM you a one-use link.
Hi. I would like to added in the Marcina Discord group. I'm not a Marth main or Lucina main, but I have Lucina as a secondary main.

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
Hey guys!

I'd like to be added to the Discord group as well. I'm not all too active on the Lucina boards but I lurk around here and there. This could be a great way to get in contact with other Lucina users and learn from each other. c:

Kenigs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Don't got one
3DS FC
2938-8665-7151
I'd also liked to be added into the server as well, I don't usually post in character specific boards but I do always look at them. Talking to others on how to improve does help. Thanks :'v

Murrayy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Murray97
Been using discord for a while now. One of the nicest alternatives to skype/TS I've seen.

PM me a link please :D

Shiruettomiraju

Smash Rookie
Hey there! Mind if I get an invite? I play quite a few characters but Lucina is my go-to specialty trump card character.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Please add me to the Marcina chat? I really love Marth and would love to join.

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
For anyone curious, Jink8 was banned for calling the Roy discord mod a ***** (he then deleted his comment and denies doing so). Believe me, we have 160 people and I've only banned like 5 people in the past 3-4 months. Even then I didn't ban Jink8, I didn't let him in the first place since I knew how bad he was.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
For anyone curious, Jink8 was banned for calling the Roy discord mod a ***** (he then deleted his comment and denies doing so). Believe me, we have 160 people and I've only banned like 5 people in the past 3-4 months. Even then I didn't ban Jink8, I didn't let him in the first place since I knew how bad he was.
Have any proof that I did? Besides bias?

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
BozzMac BozzMac
Play him in a ditto for his entry if he doesn't win give him no invite. If u don't want 2 waste your time let play in your honor

Shinyfox

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shinyfoxx
As a Lucina main I would love to be added! That would be awesome since I am kind of a loner anyways. xD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm only a Lucina main here but I would love to join in this group. I like this better than Skype.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Just joined the corrin group and would be interested in the marth/lucina group as well. Haven't gotten the chance to really work with them yet but really interested in trying :)

Paint

Smash Rookie
NNID
Paintah
I would love to join for the Marcina knowledge :3

Jcsaenz1

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4210-4404-7146
I'd like to join too, I'm trying to get her up to my toon link's ability so that I can dual main with her. My username is Jcsaenz1, just like in smashboards.

SlickJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlickJ95
Bozzy and his group unfairly ban people
I can attest that Bozzy is biased and that his staff does indeed unfairly ban people. Me and a friend have been banned from his Discord due to actions that have occurred outside of his Discord.

Regarding J Jink8 's ban, that statement and reason is pretty hypocritical when considering Bozzy has called me derogatory names and he has been disrespectful to me. “Go **** yourself”, “****head”, “rot in hell" (all quotes of Bozzy messaging me through Discord).

Jink is also a friend of mine but the person I'm talking about is @Grass . He got banned for causing problems in the Skype group and I got banned for deleting a Discord that was mine and not only that but he wrote a Google Doc to spread his discontent about me in his group called the Smash Assembly which is a group where all character admins reside. He then used a program to mass PM a similar message to all my Mario Discord users to get them to move over to a new one.

Bozzy's Google Doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-I6KHZurAl9iuCz4alRUJbwsmT0c_8c2l1QyP8hXGGM/edit

It is for this reason that I have talked to a SmashBoards admin and they have granted me permission to link my own Discord down here:

Join my Marth/Lucina Discord:
https://discord.gg/0qBL3aZVwOIdGNDM
-
I'd like to discuss my situation with a SmashBoards mod to get their permission for me to start up my own thread.

Not only that but he tried getting Discord involved while telling them I'm trying to get him banned from SmashBoards. What? What prove do you have? Not once have I made such a ridiculous request, I don't even think it's possible because banning him from SmashBoards would be unfair. I just want to start my own thread to promote my own group, that is all.

Also most of the Discords I got banned from I didn't even say a word (or I hardly said anything) and that includes some of the Discords Bozzy banned me from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom