• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 10th, Marth/Falco Pro's 13th Birthday Tournament/Smashfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, well, I decided to host again and it'll be to celebrate my 13th bday. It'll be on March 10th and I can have a limit of 20 people here.

Rules:
1. Basic rules (4 stock, 8 min. time, etc.)
2. Listen to me and line up @ my com. to sign up for the tournament
3. 3$ for singles and 6$ per team
4. Please, no food outside the living room.
5. Have fun! :)

This is the ONLY time I'll be charging 5$ for entering to pay for everything in the past such as electricity and the food that I provided. So please bring an extra 5$ to enter. Plus, there'll be cake and pizza so it'll be worth it! :)

Also, please help me out and tell me if you can come or not so I can be prepared. No more than 20 ppl please =) Oh yeah, we'll have a random crew battle like last time! :laugh:

People banned:
1. McRustyJr
2. Kira

I hope to see all of my friends here and maybe a few new faces aswell!

P.S: I'm only gonna host more events depending on how well this one goes so please, just follow the few rules I posted.

Lies_and_Truth

Smash Apprentice
lets all just crowd up to his computer and wave your $5 to his face and hope u get called on :D

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Just let them come. It's not like your friends are the only ones that are gonna be there.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Unless they were obnoxious, and your parents dont like them or something, then there is no reason to ban them. Smash tournaments arn't personal events where you can just ban people. If you are going to make a public announcement for a smashfest, you shouldn't be banning people.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
M/F Pro, you can put me down on the list. I'll let you know if I can't make it, but I'm pretty sure I can make it.

And it doesn't matter if Kira and Rusty are banned, I can still beat them both :D

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Put me down too, ill make this time for sure

And you shouldnt ban them. Banning them just cuz your friends dont like em is a horrible excuse and i hope youre not banning kira because of the money situation a while back

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol, well none of my friends like McRusty which was proven at my last event and I decided to ban Kira cuz of last time. Plus Kira doesn't live in my "area".
That's a ***** move. Do you know how childish that is? Abuse of power much? Smash isn't personal unless you make it so.

Here's a good reason: less turnout. Less turnout = less reason for good players to come (cuz they won't be getting that paper), and the good players get everyone else to come.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
That's a ***** move. Do you know how childish that is? Abuse of power much? Smash isn't personal unless you make it so.

Here's a good reason: less turnout. Less turnout = less reason for good players to come (cuz they won't be getting that paper), and the good players get everyone else to come.
Yeah, I appologize for bein such a ***** but my parents did say and I quote: "We don't really trust them, so you can have a tournament to celebrate your birthday but you can't invite them."

Nashun

Smash Ace
Why would your parents bring them up all randomly and crap like that? They must have been brought up specifically earlier in the conversation because that's a direct quote, and you used "them" instead of their names.

And why would they have any more reason to trust 20 complete strangers than McRusty?

Also, I'm quoting YOU now..."Sorry, but I'd really rather not unless someone gives me an actual good reason."

Apparently you'd go against your parents' decision if you had an actual good reason. Or maybe...just maybe...you're lying about your parents and you really just don't want them to show up?

:laugh: If you don't want them to come, then ban them like you did and don't pay attention to what everyone else says about your "***** move." You don't have to lie about it because it just brings everyone's opinion on you even lower.

Edit: Does this mean I'm banned too?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Why would your parents bring them up all randomly and crap like that? They must have been brought up specifically earlier in the conversation because that's a direct quote, and you used "them" instead of their names.

And why would they have any more reason to trust 20 complete strangers than McRusty?

Also, I'm quoting YOU now..."Sorry, but I'd really rather not unless someone gives me an actual good reason."

Apparently you'd go against your parents' decision if you had an actual good reason. Or maybe...just maybe...you're lying about your parents and you really just don't want them to show up?

:laugh: If you don't want them to come, then ban them like you did and don't pay attention to what everyone else says about your "***** move." You don't have to lie about it because it just brings everyone's opinion about you even lower.

Owned, lawl.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
god ****en **** guys, leave the kid alone. it's his ****en choice who he wants to invite, so stay the **** out of his business. if you have such a problem, then DON'T GO, or throw a smashfest of your own.

NP - you're one to talk about being childish, if you were really "mature," you'de mind your own business. But that's never going to happen.

I dont mean to cause any situation here, but just let him do what he wants.

MF PRO, don't let people convince you that you should allow them. If you don't want them there, then don't let them go, easy as that. Don't feel like you're wrong for not letting them go, becuase it's YOUR opinion.

(i'm not hating on kira or rusty, i just feel that people are constantly attempting to manipulate MF)

so yeah...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
god ****en **** guys, leave the kid alone. it's his ****en choice who he wants to invite, so stay the **** out of his business. if you have such a problem, then DON'T GO, or throw a smashfest of your own.

NP - you're one to talk about being childish, if you were really "mature," you'de mind your own business. But that's never going to happen.
And it's our "****en choice" to talk about the logic (or lack of) behind his petty decisions, considering smash is a community and he's posting it on a public message board...

And wait, aren't you being hypocritical? OMFG THIS ISN'T YOUR BUSINESS, PLEASE LEAVE.

MF PRO, don't let people convince you that you should allow them. If you don't want them there, then don't let them go, easy as that. Don't feel like you're wrong for not letting them go, becuase it's YOUR opinion.
No one's begging him to allow them; it's really more the principle that's laughably absurd. Banning people for petty (and arguably misplaced) grudges is pretty much the opposite of smash.

By the way, just because this is his opinion on the matter doesn't mean it's not wrong. Hitler's opinion was that jews should die; might I say that that "opinion" dare might be wrong?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Many would consider Hitlers opinion CORRECT.

not me, though.

Nobodies opinion can be wrong.

Opinion - a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

NP, You're constantly saying **** to people in every thread. I know i'm not the only one that finds this annoying, and if i'm the only one who has the balls to say it, then so be it.

Shut up for once.

Nashun

Smash Ace

not me, though.

1. Those who consider Hitler's opinion correct are wrong. Think about it; what could possibly be achieved if every Jew in the world were dead? If anything it would bring out more negative effects than positive ones.

2. I'm sorry to bust your bubble in your imaginary world where people are all right as long as they label their beliefs as their own "personal opinion," but opinions can be wrong. In this case, MFPro's decision on whether or not to ban McRusty and Kira are his own DECISIONS, not his opinions. It may be his opinion that they should not come to his smashfest, but it is his decision to ban them. In this sense, he has every right to make that decision. However, that does not necessarily mean that his opinion is correct.

3. It's funny how you went to dictionary.com to define "opinion" and specifically chose the definition that suited your argument while disregarding the others (which would have instantly discredited your argument that opinions can be incorrect). You used definition #2. Definition #1 (the very first definition listed) is "a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty." It's fairly obvious that this definition would have completely destroyed YOUR opinion that "opinions can't be wrong." Unfortunately for you, that opinion was wrong.

To clarify my 2nd point and my entire purpose of posting my initial message, I feel MFPro has every right to ban McRusty and Kira. However, I find it amusing that he is trying to hide his intentions with lies when they are pretty clear. He won't admit that he is banning them for personal reasons.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord

:laugh: If you don't want them to come, then ban them like you did and don't pay attention to what everyone else says about your "***** move." You don't have to lie about it because it just brings everyone's opinion on you even lower.

I seriously didn't lie about it. In about November, McRusty's uncle had come to my house w/ a printed mapquest to my house and he had talked to my parents. He had told me and my parents that McRusty apparently didn't come home for a couple of days and he was worried, so he came to my house to ask if I had seen McRusty. My parents talked to McRusty's uncle for a while. I had asked my parents about hosting yesterday and they told me they didn't want McRusty because they thought he would be a "bad influence" on me. I even have his uncle's phone number, yes, he actually called me. I'm seriously not lying. Please just stop the flaming, it's going no where. I apologize for everything, I just wanted to celebrate something for my birthday. :urg:

not me, though.

NP, You're constantly saying **** to people in every thread. I know i'm not the only one that finds this annoying, and if i'm the only one who has the balls to say it, then so be it.

Shut up for once.
Mikehaze, you truly are a good friend, thank you.

NP, he's one of my friends so I guess he could make it his business if he wants to.

Nashun

Smash Ace
No flaming! I have nothing against you and I was wrong about you lying. I just like analyzing everything people do or say and I was skeptical about the whole story. You gave a pretty reasonable explanation and I'm sorry if I had taken it so far. You really shouldn't care what people think or post on here, lots of us stated that multiple times, so just have fun on your birthday and don't apologize for anything.

btw happy birthday.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
LOL @ talking about hilters genocide on the jews on a video game message boards and comparing it to a 12 year olds opinion on banning ppl

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wat ****

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread is now closed under the provisions of Godwin's Law.

Connor: please open a new thread for your tournament. Anyone who brings the Nazi discussion to that thread will make me very upset ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom