• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 6th] Hypest - Wii U Singles - 3 Tournaments!

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to another 3 HYPEST Tournaments!

We bring you 3 Wii U Single Tournaments all on 1 Day! Choose your preferred time!

Reddit Event Post - Wii U Europe
Reddit Event Post - Wii U World
Reddit Event Post - Wii U Night Owl

Wii U Singles - Europe - 6th March - Starting at 13:00 EST | 18:00 GMT

Full Detail Rules Here: Ruleset

Chat Room: IRC-Europe

Wii U Singles - World - 6th March - Starting at 18:00 EST | 23:00 GMT

Chat Room: IRC-World

Wii U Singles - Night Owl - 6th March - Starting at 21:00 EST

Chat Room: IRC-NightOwl

Stream: Selected Matches at Top Cut will be streamed by HypestTeam Twitch

Tournament Structure
1st Phase: Swiss Rounds
2nd Phase: Top Cut Double Elimination Bracket

Rules:
- 3 Stocks
- 8 Minutes
- Customs ON
- Equipment OFF
- Items OFF
- Pause OFF
- Stage Strike System (1-2-2-2-1 System)
- Gentleman's Clause
- Dave's Stupid Rule
- You must be in the IRC to be able to participate.

Starter Stages:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Town and City
- Delfino Plaza
- Lylat Cruise
- Halberd
- Duck Hunt
- Kongo Jungle 64

Counter Picks:
- Skyloft
- Castle Siege

There will be a mandatory check-in time of 1 hour before the event begins. Be warned that Check in closes 5 minutes before the Tournament in order for the bracket to be processed. If you do not appear for check-in or notify a TO ahead of time, you will be dropped. You Check-In on the Challonge Bracket. LATE ARRIVALS will NOT be accepted.

We require EVERYONE to be in the IRC client during the tournament.

If you are new to HYPEST Tournaments please fill in THIS FORM.

We will then proceed to add you into our HYPEST Phonebook for easy access of everyone's Friend Codes and Nintendo ID.

Have Further Questions? Check our FAQ Page and IRC Tutorial

This Tournament is only one of our many weeklies by HYPEST. Check our Tournament Event Calendar.

If you would like to know more about HYPEST: Reddit - Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - Twitch

We have been expanding a whole lately, and this is all thanks to you. We will be having major updates in the coming weeks and there will be newly appointed Tournament Organisers and even more Tournaments!

Thanks from HYPEST TEAM

HYPEST | AnDEh

Last edited:

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
Question: How do we know if people are using equipment or not?
Will mainly be about Trust, however if you are certain someone is using equipment against you, recording the replay will help us review. If found out, it will result in a permanent ban of all Hypest Tournaments. Also things to look out for will be increase speed of your opponent, or massive damage output from a single attack are the clear indications equipment is being used. We have only had 1 recorded case of this happening, so the participants are generally very trustworthy.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Will mainly be about Trust, however if you are certain someone is using equipment against you, recording the replay will help us review. If found out, it will result in a permanent ban of all Hypest Tournaments. Also things to look out for will be increase speed of your opponent, or massive damage output from a single attack are the clear indications equipment is being used. We have only had 1 recorded case of this happening, so the participants are generally very trustworthy.
Okay, thank you for your assistance! :)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ HypestTeam HypestTeam
I don't know if you remember me, but I participated in one of your swiss tournaments before and was knocked out of the finals simply because of an error in the bracket system. I went by Speed and my ID was Nightdazer. I really don't suggest using a swiss bracket for this reason.

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
@ HypestTeam HypestTeam
I don't know if you remember me, but I participated in one of your swiss tournaments before and was knocked out of the finals simply because of an error in the bracket system. I went by Speed and my ID was Nightdazer. I really don't suggest using a swiss bracket for this reason.
Hi can you please tell me which Tournament this was so i can search you up. Sometimes if there is an odd number the swiss will give a bye to a random for the 1st round, and you should appear in the 2nd round. Did you try contacting a Tournament Host about this? Challonge has a Check-In System which will automatically remove people who have not checked in.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hi can you please tell me which Tournament this was so i can search you up. Sometimes if there is an odd number the swiss will give a bye to a random for the 1st round, and you should appear in the 2nd round. Did you try contacting a Tournament Host about this? Challonge has a Check-In System which will automatically remove people who have not checked in.
http://challonge.com/HWorldWarWii8

I would be #17 at the top.
I didn't make in to the finals simply because I finished my rounds first. By the end of the last round, I was in 7th place. But, as more and more people finished, it bumped me down to 17th place, even though my score equalled some of the people in the top 16. The swiss system is not fair to a lot of the people who have performed just as greatly to those who make the top count. It's the only reason I fear entering again, as I spent hours working my way to the top, only to be informed that I didn't make the cut. Whoever was streaming this particular tournament can tell you about my case.

Last edited:

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
http://challonge.com/HWorldWarWii8

I didn't make in to the finals simply because I finished my rounds first. By the end of the last round, I was in 7th place. But, as more and more people finished, it bumped me down to 17th place, even though my score equalled some of the people in the top 16. The swiss system is not fair to a lot of the people who have performed just as greatly to those who make the top count. It's the only reason I fear entering again, as I spent hours working my way to the top, only to be informed that I didn't make the cut. Whoever was streaming this particular tournament can tell you about my case.
Hi, I misunderstood your first question, thinking you was actually removed from the bracket.

Anyway, Swiss position is not determined by who "finished first" it takes into account the players you have beaten in Swiss and the position they have finished in. You may have the 5-2-0 Scoreline, but its not the same as others with 5-2-0, because you have lost to and won against different people. The performance of the others you have played against will effect the outcome.

From your data the position is based on Score then Tiebreaker then Buchholz and finally Points difference.
You have 5-2-0, 0 Tie Breaker , 21.0 Buchholz and 5 Points Difference,
Tie Breaker number is determined by how many opponents you have defeated with also the same scoreline of 5-2-0 and yours is 0.
Buchholz is determined by [Score of all your opponents - Best Opponent - Worst Opponent]
Points difference is determined by your set score, [Winning 2-0 or 2-1 makes a difference! Same goes with losing 2-0 or 2-1]

All the above factors is an explanation of your positioning, however for a top16, I guess it could be said you were unlucky to be placed 17th, but unfortunately for you the other 16 had better Tiebreaker, Buchholz and Points difference.

I hope you are still willing to participate in our Hypest Tournaments!

Last edited:

FaptastiCamel

Banned via Warnings
NNID
FaptastiCamel
3DS FC
4098-4885-5057

lol that tournament was nearly 2 months ago, get over it you big baby

Top Bottom