• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Mar 28, 2015]Aftershock! Axe, Zero, Dabuz, Junebug (Arlington, TX)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm about to propose a 9-starter stagelist (11 total) for my region, so I'm curious to know what sort of starter list you'd prefer to the standard "FD,BF,SV,T&C,LC."

This is the starter list I am about to propose, do you think this would be a more appropriate Starter list for tournaments?

Final Destination/Omegas
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Wuhu Island
Skyloft

I feel it has a good mix of static and dynamic stages, allowing players to strike out all touring stages if they have a personal thing against them, but also allowing others to strike out all the completely static stages if they so desire. The stages included as counterpicks are Kongo Jungle 64 and Castle Siege. I'll answer why we don't include other stages, but I'd rather that not be the focus of the discussion.
The important thing is just the end result -- the actual stages on the list could be totally bonkers as long as the one people ended up on was the right one.

Oracle

Smash Master
Just realized that I hadn't updated the smashboards thread with the Evo ruleset, so I just did that. The only difference is the 6 minute timer, which I feel won't significantly hold up the tournament and will prevent a lot of potential timeouts

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
@ Oracle Oracle PM is 3 bans right?

Have you guys realized that you can ban every single small stage in the list with that anount? :x

Oracle

Smash Master
ATTENTION AFTERSHOCK ATTENDEES: We are looking for volunteers for aftershock! TO experience is preferred, but not necessary. You will be running pools and helping organize the brackets, but you will still be able to enter one event. There will be compensation! If you're interested, send an email to oracle@tourneylocator.com with the header "Aftershock volunteer application" and tell me about yourself!

Also don't forget to prereg! The price goes up on sunday, so if you are planning on going be sure to prereg soon to be part of the biggest tournament in Texas! www.tourneylocator.com/prereg

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/423...lter=upcoming&source=49&sid_create=2403987848

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just noticed no doubles....

Oracle

Smash Master
ONLY ONE MORE DAY TO GET THE $25 PREREG! If you haven't done so already, go to www.tourneylocator.com/prereg to pre register for aftershock, the biggest tournament in the southwest! The price will go up to $35 tomorrow at midnight, so hurry up and preregister!

Also a quick announcement: due to time constraints, there will be a hard limit of 4 events per person. You will not be allowed to enter more than 4 events, out of the 6 main events (pm singles and doubles, melee singles and doubles, smash for wii u singles and doubles). This is not relevant to anyone who has registered yet, but this is a heads up to everyone else.

D

Deleted member

does anyone better than me want to team with me for PM

no im not kidding

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'd team with you @Umbreon if you think I'm better than you.:dr^_^: not too sure how we'd work out though.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
We've got more than 120 people pre-registered so far, but the rest of you need to register asap! Registration closes at midnight on this sunday (3/15), less than a week away! Here's a short preview of high level players who will be in attendance

Zero
Dabuz
Axe
Westballz
Ipunchkidsz
Wobbles
TLoc Denti
FX DFW Dakpo
Sethlon
Lunchables
Strong Bad
Ripple
Jason Waterfalls
Nashun
Sosa
Machiavelli

Oracle

Smash Master
ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER FOR AFTERSHOCK! IF YOU WANT TO GO, YOU MUST SIGN UP BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY (3/15). We just got Junebug confirmed on top of all the amazing players coming from Socal, Midwest, East Coast, and Texas, this is going to be ridiculously stacked! Don't miss out! Go to www.tourneylocator.com/prereg to register

Oracle

Smash Master
Also, here's a quick money match thread I started. Post here if you have a money match or you want to call someone out!

Also: Pink Fresh is confirmed! Get Hype!

Last edited:

stevenrheahart

Smash Rookie
Hey hey hey y'all. I'm new to the competitive scene and smashboards, so I have a quick question: I just signed up for PM and Melee singles and I've paid for it and all that, so how does the check-in work? Do I just have to mention my tag? Or like show the confirmation email? Thanks

Oracle

Smash Master
Hey hey hey y'all. I'm new to the competitive scene and smashboards, so I have a quick question: I just signed up for PM and Melee singles and I've paid for it and all that, so how does the check-in work? Do I just have to mention my tag? Or like show the confirmation email? Thanks
Youll just have to tell your pool captain your tag when you show up. The time and place you need to be will be posted later

Also: LESS THAN 12 HOURS LEFT TO REGISTER! Registration closes at midnight so dont miss out! Www.tourneylocator.com/prereg

Oracle

Smash Master
REGISTRATION ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT CENTRAL TIME (10:00 PM WEST COAST)! We've hit more than 250 unique entrants, Project M has already gotten the $500 pot bonus and Wii U/Melee are both only a few entrants away from getting it! Sign up now and be a part of the biggest tournament experience our scene has ever seen!
www.tourneylocator.com/prereg

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I'm assuming customs will be enabled, right? I find it weird they're not mentioned on the rule set, especially since Tourney Locator's tournaments always have custom enabled as of late.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Ah, cool. I wish you guys luck with the tournament. Ever since custom moves have been allowed at Tourney Locator's weekly tournaments, I've been watching the weekly streams and have found the matches pretty hype. Though I don't watch them live because I'm always going to a weekly tournament on Fridays. Also @ Oracle Oracle , you sure love to promote your Twitter account a lot. lol

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'm hyped for Aftershock! I'll definitely be attending. Best of luck to everyone!

I do have a question regarding friendlies- will the friendly setups be accessible during the tournament? I'm having some friends tag along that would like to play over the duration of the event and of course I'd like to get as much experience in as possible.

Oracle

Smash Master
There's only one day left to add events! If you paid venue and want to add another event, go to www.tourneylocator.com/prereg and use the add events feature at the bottom to pay for your events. Remember, you can only enter a max of 4 events. ALSO LAST MINUTE GAHTZU IS CONFIRMED

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
Is doubles a thing? I see the sign-up for it, but don't see it on the schedule. If it is, can I sign up for singles+doubles instead of just singles (what I'm currently signed up for)?

Edit: I see Oracle's post above saying there will be doubles, so that just leaves my second question.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Go to pre-registration and add doubles for the event you are doing. If you already paid for singles, do not choose to add "singles + dubs", just dubs.

Top Bottom