• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mar 23 - Free Online Tournament - $75 Prize Pool

enflikted

Smash Rookie

Calling all Smash players! Iron Gaming is adding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to our catalog of online tournaments. Beginning in March, you can show off your skills and compete for cash prizes! Tournaments will be free-to-enter, with $75 paid out to the top 2 placings with a $50/25 split!

These tournaments are 32-man, 1v1 events. Our next tournament is Monday, Mar 23. Registration for our tournaments closes at 5pm EST before the tournament begins at 7pm EST. You can register for this one here, or check out our tournament listing for more upcoming events here.

Summary:
Smash Wii U 1v1
Monday, March 23rd
7:00 PM EST
32 player cap
Single-elimination
FREE to enter
$75 payout split $50/25

All game settings and rules can be found on the tournament page: https://irongaming.tv/tournaments/52
Reporting matches is done via email, and is also explained on the tournament page.

We will be streaming as many matches as possible(usually one per round), with commentary, live from our studio in Chattanooga, TN. You can catch the action on Twitch at twitch.tv/irongamingtv.

Questions? Concerns?
Drop us a line here or contact the team at tournaments@irongaming.tv.

enflikted

Smash Rookie
Our payout policy is posted on every tournament listing:

All prizes will be sent via PayPal or check. Players may choose PayPal, which will take out a small fee, or check, which may take 7 to 10 business days to be delivered. All payments will be sent the following business day after players communicate their payment preference and provide their payment information.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Hi! Interested in joining. Just have one question. How does streaming work? A third party character joins in then SD's I assume?

Last edited:

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Question, your Register page only allows Zip, when you also state people have to be a legal Canadian or American, but I'm A Canadian, and we don't use Zip where I live at least.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
@ Nimyu Nimyu on Monday night the day of the event how can I learn who I am playing against
I dunno, i'm trying to figure out how to register since i'm Canadian. XD His registration page only accepts Zips.
He put this for April 1st, Only residents of the USA and Canada are allowed to enter this tournament. But his page doesn't let me sign up when it states USA and Canada, and his registration page only contains ZIP.

enflikted

Smash Rookie
Hey guys:

@ Nimyu Nimyu For Canada, our team says you should use the zip 37412. In the future, this will be fixed for Canadians.

@ mfzblader182 mfzblader182 registration for Monday will close at 5pm EST, or when the tournament reaches 32 entrants. Brackets usually go live around 6pm. You'll receive an email with links for the bracket and a chatroom to do stage striking and talk to admins and casters.

mfzblader182

Smash Rookie
NNID
ryoassault182
@ E enflikted I registered last before I want to bed I registered at the 11:00 o'clock hour last night I put my username as the same name I have hear on the boards mfzblader182 but I do have a few questions 1.on monday night of the tournament how are we going to know who we are playing against 2.is this going to be on Twitch.com 3.when the tournament set are going to get see who we are playing against and 4.are we going to be on either a chatroom website for this tournament or are all going to be on a Facebook group chat

Last edited:

enflikted

Smash Rookie
No problem, I already saw that you're on the list.
To answer 3 of your questions:
@ mfzblader182 mfzblader182 You'll receive an email with links for the bracket and a chatroom to do stage striking and talk to admins and casters.
And yes, this is streamed on Twitch.tv. As originally stated in the post, "We will be streaming as many matches as possible(usually one per round), with commentary, live from our studio in Chattanooga, TN. You can catch the action on Twitch at twitch.tv/irongamingtv."

enflikted

Smash Rookie
And to ALL entrants, PLEASE read all the game settings and rules that are over on our website. There is also a guide for how to report your matches as well.

Mva04

Smash Rookie
Any way to still enter? I see there is a 32 cap, but what about no shows?

enflikted

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, there isn't. Our tournaments currently only support the first 32 registrations. Our next tournaments are up though and have plenty of space! irongaming.tv/tournaments

CJ14r43

Smash Cadet
NNID
chukswag
3DS FC
4854-6956-3319
Switch FC
SW-4733-8968-8769
Never mind, I lost the first round...for no reason.

enflikted

Smash Rookie
Check your email, please! That's the only way we have to disseminate information to all players. We'll be updating our posts to better convey this for the future, as well as on our website. Sorry for the confusion!

CJ14r43

Smash Cadet
NNID
chukswag
3DS FC
4854-6956-3319
Switch FC
SW-4733-8968-8769
Oh, that's why...*derp* I'm an idiot.

Top Bottom