• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 22, 2014] Fight Night at the Dojo 2 (Melee/Project M) (Lebanon, NH)

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED AT EARLIEST POSSIBILITY.

FIGHT NIGHT AT THE DOJO

Melee/Project M

Where:

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu of the Upper Valley

45 Hanover St.

Lebanon, NH 03766

When:

Saturday, March 8th 3:00-Finish

Costs:

$5 venue fee

$5 per tournament entry.

PLEASE BRING $5 BILLS. IF YOU COME IN WITH A $20 IT MAKES MY LIFE VERY DIFFICULT.

Hey everyone,

Welcome to Fight Night at the Dojo! This is a tournament/smashfest that I plan to continue regularly (bi-weekly?) if all goes well. The Twin States smash scene has always been very quiet and divided, so I hope to be able to bring everyone together in order to foster some great competition. Both Melee and Project M will be played, so if you play either of those games you will have a good time here!

Smashfest/Tournament Setup

This is the second event of this series, and I hope it will continue to expand! Melee singles and Project M singles will be registered at the door. These tournaments will not be capped, and can be very small, but if there are five or less entrants we will not run an official bracket. At that point it's easier to play money matches anyhow.

If this event takes off, and I have confidence it will, this will become more set in stone. For this first outing, let's just make sure to have fun!

Venue

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu of the Upper Valley is a martial arts dojo that I train at. The owner, who is a gamer himself, has graciously allowed me to set up a tournament in his space. It is very wide open with several outlets and lots of room for people to hang out and play smash. It is also located above a pizza place/bar and an Asian restaurant/bar, which makes eating at the venue easy. And delicious. It is less than a mile off of I-89's exit 18, and quite easy to find.

UPDATE: We will be able to play from 2:00 until the building closes, possibly even later past then.

Setups

In short, we need them! I can account for three, possibly four setups. Past that, we need your help. If you have a CRT and a GameCube/Wii to play smash on (and if you regularly play smash you probably do) please bring it! We sadly cannot provide you with a refund on your venue fee this time, but I will personally come and carry it all upstairs from your car and set it up for you if you so desire.
This is really important if we are to expand! Last tournament we had just enough, but we need at least 10-12 setups if we want to move brackets along smoothly!

Rules

Tournament brackets will abide by Apex 2014 rulesets. If you are unsure, ask somebody - they will be happy to explain it to you.

Last of all...

Spread the word! Smashfests are more fun the more people that attend. Come, bring your friends, make new friends, and have an awesome time! I'm excited to meet you all. For any questions, email me at barrett.womack1@gmail.com.

Hype!

Last edited:

Landry

Smash Ace
I hope to be in attendance for this one. I'll pobably be coming with at least one other person.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I think I'll be able to make it this weekend! Expect my Kirby and my super jank Falco.
I hope to be in attendance for this one. I'll pobably be coming with at least one other person.

ATTENTION EVERYONE

It is with reluctance that I will have to postpone this event. The venue has been double-booked, and unfortunately the other client takes precedence. This will NOT be going on this weekend. Spread the word.

Landry

Smash Ace
I would definitely try to come to something in the next few weeks.

Landry

Smash Ace
Are you guys potentially interested in a tourney this weekend? I've been talking with TheDerrit and he seems game to host one so long as we can be sure that people will attend.

Top Bottom