• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1st] Wii U Doubles - HYPEST Tournament

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to another HYPEST Tournament!

Reddit Event Post - Wii U Doubles

Wii U Doubles - on the 1st of March - Starting at 18:00 EST

Full Detail Rules Here: Ruleset

Chat Room: IRC

Stream: Selected Matches at Top Cut will be streamed by HypestTeam Twitch

Tournament Structure
1st Phase: Swiss Rounds
2nd Phase: Top Cut Double Elimination Bracket

Rules:
- 3 Stocks
- 8 Minutes
- Customs ON
- Equipment OFF
- Items OFF
- Pause OFF
- Stage Strike System (1-2-2-2-1 System)
- Gentleman's Clause
- Dave's Stupid Rule
- You must be in the IRC to be able to participate.

Starter Stages:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Town and City
- Delfino Plaza
- Lylat Cruise
- Halberd
- Duck Hunt
- Kongo Jungle 64

Counter Picks:
- Skyloft
- Castle Siege

Only ONE of you will need to sign up and check in for Doubles.

There will be a mandatory check-in time of 1 hour before the event begins. Be warned that Check in closes 5 minutes before the Tournament in order for the bracket to be processed. If you do not appear for check-in or notify a TO ahead of time, you will be dropped. You Check-In on the Challonge Bracket. LATE ARRIVALS will NOT be accepted.

We require EVERYONE to be in the IRC client during the tournament.

If you are new to HYPEST Tournaments please fill in THIS FORM.

We will then proceed to add you into our HYPEST Phonebook for easy access of everyone's Friend Codes and Nintendo ID.

Have Further Questions? Check our FAQ Page and IRC Tutorial

This Tournament is only one of our many weeklies by HYPEST. Check our Tournament Event Calendar.

If you would like to know more about HYPEST: Reddit - Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - Twitch

We have been expanding a whole lately, and this is all thanks to you. We will be having major updates in the coming weeks and there will be newly appointed Tournament Organisers and even more Tournaments!

Thanks from HYPEST TEAM

HYPEST | AnDEh

Last edited:

icejt31

Smash Rookie
NNID
icejt31
I would join and sign up but customs are on. I've been looking for a doubles tournament for awhile and I cant find one with the perfect rule set lol I hope your next tournament will have customs off.

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
I would join and sign up but customs are on. I've been looking for a doubles tournament for awhile and I cant find one with the perfect rule set lol I hope your next tournament will have customs off.
Sorry to hear that, the general community approves of Customs ON as it gives more diversity and allows characters on the lower end of the scale to have a better chance in competing. EVO has announced Smash 4 will have Customs ON so we will plan to stick with that until thats over. We have nothing planned to having a future Tournament with Customs OFF. Will you not be willing to at least try? Our tournaments have an end survey for feedback, and would be great for us to improve. Thanks.

truballers

Smash Cadet
I have a question . On the thread it says 21:00 eastern time , so it would be at 9:00 pm est. but when I went to sign up on Challonge it says that it starts at 5:55 pm est. I'm confused lol

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
I think 5:55 EST must be right....they don't do 9:00 unless nightowl. But I could be wrong

Top Bottom