• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1, 2014] [ASL] Consult the Helix Fossil (Mobile, Alabama)

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

March 01, 2014
With hosts: Metmetm3t & Ryker

Venue:
Venue Fee: $5
Gamer's N Geeks
4805 Moffett Rd, Suite J, Mobile, Alabama 36618
Mobile, Al 36608

Events:
Brawl Doubles (12PM CDT):
Price: $10
Prizes:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%​

Project:M/Melee Doubles (1PM CDT):
Price: $10
Prizes:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%​

Brawl Singles (3PM CDT):
Price: $5
Prizes:

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%
Project:M/Melee Singles (4PM CDT):
Price: $5
Prizes:

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

*All rules will be made up on the spot by Ryker

Livestream:
/AlabamaSmashLeague

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For the record, this venue is ****ing amazing. I need to talk to the store owner because I'm not sure, but I think there's a TCG tournament that day as well.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Two things:
*All rules will be made up on the spot by Ryker
This could prevent some players from coming. Not knowing the rules, or stage list prior to the start of the tournament... At the very least, post the typical stuff. Stocks, timer, stage list. Then if you have any special rules (DSR) or anything else, that can probably be done at the venue.
AlabamaSmashLeague.com

Link doesn't work for me.
If this weren't two hours away, I would definitely go. I'm still considering it though....

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Haha, Sorry Zonder, you must be new. It's a joke. We're going to be following Apex ruleset. And yea ASL.com is dead.

Hope we get to see you.
Maybe we can find you someone to split gas with.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Two things:

This could prevent some players from coming. Not knowing the rules, or stage list prior to the start of the tournament... At the very least, post the typical stuff. Stocks, timer, stage list. Then if you have any special rules (DSR) or anything else, that can probably be done at the venue.
ROFL! I missed this!

That used to happen back before any standardized ruleset for PM existed and we had side tourneys for it. I'm generally one of the more knowledgeable people in the room so it got thrown on me to figure it out. But yeah, we'll run APEX rule set.

God that was funny, though.

In other news:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
It's mostly just a cop-out so I didn't have to write out all the rules in the thread. Because no one actually reads the rules posted in the thread and just asks the TO at the event anyway. At which point he's not going to consult the forum he's going to go from memory which defeats the whole purpose. Ryker is a god at remembering the rules so I let his judgement be final.

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Nice. I am now in the know. Thanks guys.

I am making arrangements to be there, but at this point I cannot confirm. As soon as I know, I will let you guys know.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ryker's rules would make this too casual, and goofy.... like his summoner names. I have drill at the beginning of every month so I can't attend ^^ but wish you guys gl on this

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Ryker's rules would make this too casual, and goofy.... like his summoner names. I have drill at the beginning of every month so I can't attend ^^ but wish you guys gl on this
Don't confuse
Ryker with
Ryker.
Ryker will have you playing Ike only tournaments, but
Ryker is putting in work.

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
You already know me and Brandon will be at this. I have a couple of friends in Daphne that will show up as well. Hopefully we get more than 8 entrants for Melee this time.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's mostly just a cop-out so I didn't have to write out all the rules in the thread. Because no one actually reads the rules posted in the thread and just asks the TO at the event anyway. At which point he's not going to consult the forum he's going to go from memory which defeats the whole purpose. Ryker is a god at remembering the rules so I let his judgement be final.
I read the rules

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
You already know me and Brandon will be at this. I have a couple of friends in Daphne that will show up as well. Hopefully we get more than 8 entrants for Melee this time.
That's what I like to hear, so far we've had a pretty good bit of interest actually.

I read the rules
People who like to aruge about the rules don't count pops. Take it up with Ryker when you get here. you are coming right? (~‿◕✿)

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
That's what I like to hear, so far we've had a pretty good bit of interest actually.

People who like to aruge about the rules don't count pops. Take it up with Ryker when you get here. you are coming right? (~‿◕✿)
I hope I can make it

Only problem I have with Apex ruleset is the undefined stalling rule, I managed to convince Kumite to remove it. I don't even play Mario either

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I hope I can make it

Only problem I have with Apex ruleset is the undefined stalling rule, I managed to convince Kumite to remove it. I don't even play Mario either
The only stalling you can feasibly do with the timer in place would then be Diddy banana AGT infinite under the stage. I'm pretty sure that Peach Bomber stall was removed. Talk to me about it in a PM. I'm probably not opposed to it.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try and get a car from Auburn down for this. I have plans to head home to fix some lose ends but I hope you guys have a good turnout

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
ryker and met, you guys should try and get in contact with the owner of just4play in biloxi. he hosted a tournament and he wants to host more but he definitely needs some help running a tournament. i would love to get a scene set up in Biloxi

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
THIS TITLE LMFAO I wish I could go to this just so I could say "Oh yeah, I won Consult the Helix Fossil"

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
ryker and met, you guys should try and get in contact with the owner of just4play in biloxi. he hosted a tournament and he wants to host more but he definitely needs some help running a tournament. i would love to get a scene set up in Biloxi
what kind of place is just4play I could look into it. heck man you could set it up. Being a TO is not that hard, and you know Ryker and I would be there to help you.

THIS TITLE LMFAO I wish I could go to this just so I could say "Oh yeah, I won Consult the Helix Fossil"
You don't win Consult the Helix Fossil. You just learn deep lessons about yourself and the world around you.

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
what kind of place is just4play I could look into it. heck man you could set it up. Being a TO is not that hard, and you know Ryker and I would be there to help you.
it's a game shop like the one this tournament will be at. he probably won't host it there anymore because there isn't much space and he is more worried about his business. if you guys could just help me run 1 tournament i think i can handle it. just need to learn how the bracket programs work rly

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dealing with turnouts, handling disputes, arguments, dissatisfaction, payouts, and balancing a schedule is what it takes. Ryker may be a hick but he can help you good for an event, as for M3T as well.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i actually specifically remember him going falco at a tournament in hunstville that most certainly happened in 2013

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I play him some. Either against the couple of match-ups that make me feel mid tier (hi D3/Olimar) or when I think I can get away with it and feel like playing Falco (generally in early tournament rounds). I mostly play Ike though.

That said, I mostly play Melee/PM because Mobile mostly doesn't play Brawl.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I play him some. Either against the couple of match-ups that make me feel mid tier (hi D3/Olimar) or when I think I can get away with it and feel like playing Falco (generally in early tournament rounds). I mostly play Ike though.

That said, I mostly play Melee/PM because Mobile mostly doesn't play Brawl.
Hopefully it stays that way.

Also are we getting a stream like last tourney?

Top Bottom