• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maps Thread

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I am a new Jigglypuff player and need different opinions on what maps are best for Jigg. Please give a well-though responce, not a cheap non-explained one.:mad:

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Mute City, Dreamland, Jungle Japes, DK64, FD isn't horrible, and personally I like Battlefield though it definitely isn't one of her best stages.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
brinstar is good too

i actually don't mind yoshi's story vs campy fox/falco players

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
So vs. Fox or anyone who's going to try to KO me off the top my choice is usually Dream Land 64 for the high ceiling.

Mute City is obviously a good choice.

BUT... what are some good stages against say...

vs. Falco
vs. Samus
vs. Yoshi

Duha

Smash Journeyman
First of all n00b this is not halo their not called maps they are stages.

Second
Mute city is the place to be you can float outside the main platform tell the ground comes back or you can rollout cause their are no edges and rollout is a serious KO move.

my second favorite stage is dreamland 64 great for jiggly high ceiling and if a person techs the platform double jump rest them.

My third favorite is battlefield. because of playforms and the ledge of death. Everyone hates recovering here except jiggly. Sound crazy but a counter pick marths here get em under the stage their is no return. Plus the ledge of death glitch the one where the will try to grap the ledge but for some reason it will stop working. I think it is a good jiggly stage

Against falco if they never play marth yoshi story Small stage=bad also mute is good because falco's recovery sucks

Samus yoshi story(only if they don't play marth) mute city samus will live forever.

Yoshi final D Don't let him have platforms to land on after second jump make him come all the way back to the ground and try to juggle him after second jump keep him off the ground

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Sorry Duha, but some of your advice is...well, not that great. Mute City is great against Samus because she has no vertical recovery. Hit her far horizontally, she's dead. FD against Yoshi Story = dead Jigglypuff. Yoshi can't be WoP'ed and his second jump lets him recover from a lot of places. I'd pick a small stage like Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, maybe Battlefield. Against Falco Mute City and Dreamland are great, and personally I think FD is good too. I know he can spam the SHL like crazy, but it's easy to avoid as a floaty puffball, and there's no platforms to get in the way of up-throw rests. Many a time I've won this matchup by merely landing four grabs. Against Samus I would also stick to small levels, preferably Yoshi's Story.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
By the way, Duha, I meant no disrespect, but I don't want the guy to be confused by misinformation. It's very hard to un-learn things, even if they're wrong.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
*shrugs*

i think your best stage depends on your playstyle

everyone bans mute city vs me even though i'm really not that amazing at mute city. ledge camping is a huge part of my game so i've been liking brinstar a lot more lately

Vall3y

Smash Lord
how about brinstar vs falco? the stage combos him and it doesnt touch you. its also not ideal for SHL, and the sides are pretty far.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
how about brinstar vs falco? the stage combos him and it doesnt touch you. its also not ideal for SHL, and the sides are pretty far.
Well, for some resaon, like many other players, I hate Brinstar. It is just a terrible Map (emphasized) and is really annoying.

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
^ theyre called STAGES(emphasized) and I dont think brinstar is that bad. Maybe you just need a bit of time to get used to it, and even if it isnt always the best option,its a always there as a pretty good option. Maybe thats just me because ive been playin there for a long time...

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
^ theyre called STAGES(emphasized) and I dont think brinstar is that bad. Maybe you just need a bit of time to get used to it, and even if it isnt always the best option,its a always there as a pretty good option. Maybe thats just me because ive been playin there for a long time...
Actually if you go to DATA and MISC. it says maps unlocked: x

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Sorry Duha, but some of your advice is...well, not that great. Mute City is great against Samus
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MUTE IS ONE OF SAMUS'S BEST STAGES SHE DOESN'T DIE BECAUSE OF BOMB JUMPING.

PICKING YOSHI STORY AGAINST SAMUS IS A GOOD IDEA

Duha

Smash Journeyman
the yoshi thing i was as assuming that would have been best stage.

and samus is really good at mute city trust me on this one i play against a samus and i really don't want to go to mute city when playing one they do not die. i was confused when raistlin said that it is great to chose samus at mute. I was wondering why i always have alot of trouble with samus there if it was a great counter pick against samus. atomsk's post is the way i thought it was.

yoshi story is good because samus dies easy from f smash and bair and fair. ya jiggly may die easy too but samus spamm is not as effective here cause you are pretty much in close range the whole match.

I know i wasn;t going crazy

Aero

Smash Journeyman
brinstar is absolutely fantastic

when the lava comes up you get a huge advantage - just hawk under the platforms the opponent is sitting on.

also, the lava forces characters to go into the air - and don't forget -- jiggly is amazing in the air, and ***** tons of characters if she is below them -- namely shiek/marth

also lots of characters will have a hard time sweetspotting the ledge (for instance marths may go past the ledge and go under since they are used to being able to just have the stage push them to the ledge if they overshoot)

overall, brinstar is really good vs shiek/marth (imo its better than mute city against marth, and many shieks will ban mute city so this is not a bad alternative at all)

pretty good vs fox and falco too (i find it easy to grab them there) although its annoying when the lava saves them after gaying them off the ledge.

Hamsterpie

Smash Apprentice
Call me crazy, but i was messing around on Rainbow cruise, and the changey platforms were great for jiggs because of her aerial mobility. The only problem i could see was getting left behind after rests.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Call me crazy, but i was messing around on Rainbow cruise, and the changey platforms were great for jiggs because of her aerial mobility. The only problem i could see was getting left behind after rests.

not to sound like an *** but your crazy

rainbow cruise has a low ceiling. Anystage that has a low ceiling sucks for jiggs

Raistlin

Smash Lord
"WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MUTE IS ONE OF SAMUS'S BEST STAGES SHE DOESN'T DIE BECAUSE OF BOMB JUMPING.

PICKING YOSHI STORY AGAINST SAMUS IS A GOOD IDEA"

You needn't yell. Mute City is not one of Samus's best stages. And by the way I never said Yoshi's Story is bad; I even think it's a better choice. It's not always available in a tournament match, though. My problem was with saying Mute City is a BAD choice. It's not. It kills a big part of her recovery, which is the grapple chain. There is no stage or edge to grapple onto, and Samus has no vertical recovery. Hit her really far out or just rather horizontally, she won't be able to land on the middle platform. She'll have to hope the street is under you to make it back (which a lot of the time it isn't), and even if it is, she'll be taking extra damage. After Yoshi's Story I'd pick this over just about any place except maybe Jungle Japes.

Sliq

Smash Master
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MUTE IS ONE OF SAMUS'S BEST STAGES SHE DOESN'T DIE BECAUSE OF BOMB JUMPING.

PICKING YOSHI STORY AGAINST SAMUS IS A GOOD IDEA
You couldn't be anymore wrong. Jigglypuff can destroy the bomb jump recovery just by jumping into the bombs. Furthermore, Samus CAN NOT beam recover, so she is forced to up b. And, since there are no ledges to grab, she has to land on the platform, and her up b has a good amount of lag; enough to, say, land a rest, or forward smash.

Yoshi Story is a bad idea because she can beam recover, regardless of how low she goes due to you wrecking her bomb recovery, and she is heavy so she will last A LOT longer than you will. Samus also has some missle tricks her, and the little slant to the edges make her down smash wreck you if you don't sweet spot with Jiggs (which can only be done with sing or rollout). Otherwise you're getting tossed.

not to sound like an *** but your crazy

rainbow cruise has a low ceiling. Anystage that has a low ceiling sucks for jiggs
This isn't necassarily true. It depends on the matchup.

Also, have you ever considered reading the Jigglypuff guide...like seriously. Why does no one read the guides? Someone spent forever writing them, so spend like 15 minutes and read them. I guaruntee that they will have a stage list in there. Or your money back.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
You couldn't be anymore wrong. Jigglypuff can destroy the bomb jump recovery just by jumping into the bombs. Furthermore, Samus CAN NOT beam recover, so she is forced to up b. And, since there are no ledges to grab, she has to land on the platform, and her up b has a good amount of lag; enough to, say, land a rest, or forward smash.

Yoshi Story is a bad idea because she can beam recover, regardless of how low she goes due to you wrecking her bomb recovery, and she is heavy so she will last A LOT longer than you will. Samus also has some missle tricks her, and the little slant to the edges make her down smash wreck you if you don't sweet spot with Jiggs (which can only be done with sing or rollout). Otherwise you're getting tossed.

This isn't necassarily true. It depends on the matchup.

Also, have you ever considered reading the Jigglypuff guide...like seriously. Why does no one read the guides? Someone spent forever writing them, so spend like 15 minutes and read them. I guaruntee that they will have a stage list in there. Or your money back.

i just feel that since samus has a great horizontal recovery its a bad choice to choose to figth her there. and since yoshi story is a rather small stage with small boundaries i figured i'd be good to fight her there

and since rainbow cruise has a low celling i figured it was bad for jiggs as well sorry if i were wrong :lick:

Duha

Smash Journeyman
samus can nair if jiggly goes out there and samus nair is nasty. also can fire homing missiles too. Its not hard to take samus bomb jump away even with the DI missles and nair

Personally i wouldn't pick samus at mute city i would pick yoshi story still.

After reading all this debate i think it depends from jiggly to jiggly player what stage works good.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
samus can nair if jiggly goes out there and samus nair is nasty. also can fire homing missiles too. Its not hard to take samus bomb jump away even with the DI missles and nair

Personally i wouldn't pick samus at mute city i would pick yoshi story still.

After reading all this debate i think it depends from jiggly to jiggly player what stage works good.
being patient and threatening, forcing samus to pick a course of action and then punishing immediately afterwards > samus' nair while recovering

jiggly's disjointed aerial priority + distance samus wasted by firing a missle > samus' homing missle while recovering

the only time I have much of a hard time against samus' recovery is when she has a full charge shot at her disposal.

I agree with you that stage choice is dependant on personal style. I just don't see the point in worrying about samus' horizontal recovery when jiggly nerfs it better than anyone (eh... except maybe sheik) and samus has a rather hard time nerfing jiggly's horizontal recovery. It seems to me that in that matchup, the more horizontal space there is at the borders, the better jiggly does.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
i would say fd, then dreamland 64 for shur. then kongo jungle.

jungle japes is fine but sides arent as long so u die horizontally more easily when hit off the side

mute city id say isnt that great of a level. its hard to edge guard people and u shouldnt just pick it because "Uz cAN USe ROlULOut". that doesnt compensate for not being able to edgeguard well and get really easy kills. also the ceiling is very low in some spots.

also everybody says brinstar is a good stage but i dont think so cause the sides are small once again so u die easily horizontally. the ceiling is also kindof low so u die vertically easily as well. "BUt YoU CaN FloAt UndernEath THE leeVel!". but that doesnt compensate for dying easily.

but then again what would I know?:ohwell:

Raistlin

Smash Lord
"i would say fd, then dreamland 64 for shur"

I hope you don't mean against Samus. Or I hope you don't mean that being the order of Jiggz's best stages. Because....yeah....

Top Bottom