• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maple Story, an MMORPG for DS

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
MS sucks in hindsight but it was fun while I played it. I got to 43 in the beta, then didn't feel like playing again when they didn't transfer the characters over.

I didn't make the connection between Azen and KitsuneLove until I was watching Azen vs. Anden on Realplayer, and the full name of the video scrolled and it said "Azen Zagenite", and I smacked myself in the head for not realizing it

Azen is hax0rz in MS

Zee

Smash Cadet
I'd buy it just to say "I have an MMO for my DS."

Is i out yet btw?

My bro plays the game liek mad

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
This game is the reason I refuse to ever play or be near mages. It similar to WoW and wanna be cool rouges.

Zee

Smash Cadet
Woah Woah Woah.

RUNESCAPE OWNS MAPLE STORY

Wth have you people been smoking.

Maple Story = 2d Sidescroller MMO that in later levels takes days to level.

Runescape = 3cd MMO point and click MMO that at least has PKing and Luring noobs to take thier valueable pixels.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I think Maple Story is the best MMORPG there is in existance.

That's because you're freakin' pro with Archers ;P

I knew of a a few people on Maple Story before I did here, some of them being Firestorm, Azen, Skizz (posted in this topic.. one of his two posts) and Cort, but didn't actually "know" them.. except Skizz. I love my Skizz <3 I've played Maple Story since near the beginning of Beta and only recently quit. It's not at all a bad game, and the leveling really isn't that bad if you know what you're doing.

It's definitely one of my favorite MMORPG's out there; a lot better than your average 3D point and click game. Crossbow ftw omfgzor lol 20 dex sauna robe +7 rower ogfm!!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maple Story does take a LONG time to level as you go because bad guys ramp up quick and the experience isn't worth it, you're better off killing wussier things, which leads to a repetitive grinding.
Grinding is boring unless it's, well, fun. (duh)
And in Maplestory, it's not fun.
It's holding down the attack button.
And that's it.
But maplestory has a lot more style than Runescape.
Runescape is crappy, emotionless, bland-colored polygons.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
lol maplestory was fun for a short time, hacked 3 lvl 90 accounts got bored and quit. i was hardly ever even at the screen when playin ms, but it got boring pretty fast. with the ds version would u be able to play with the people on the computer 2 or just other ds players?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
even worse then runescape sorry but i would rather wast my time on gaiaonline argueing with a bunch of 44 year olds who love sailor moon then play that super nintendo looking game!

get off my internet!

I play Maple, IMO the best MMORPG that I've played (not allowed to play WoW-esque games)

And yes, I did play runescape (made my account four years ago... started playing two years ago... and quit FOR GOOD last year)

*still get holiday items, though

SNES game, huh!

that's not me, BTW

Lord Pancho

Smash Rookie
get off my internet!

I play Maple, IMO the best MMORPG that I've played (not allowed to play WoW-esque games)

And yes, I did play runescape (made my account four years ago... started playing two years ago... and quit FOR GOOD last year)

*still get holiday items, though

SNES game, huh!

that's not me, BTW

Thats sad realy it is. i mean like i saied its like gaia-online but worse. So yes thank you very much anyone with good enuff program skills cud make a game like that from a super nes and make it mmorpg!!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Maple Story was decent at best. It's not an MMO though. It's an online game, that's it. An MMO has to be massive.

The game was fun until you realize you are just on a grind treadmill constantly. Then comes down to: Why am I doing this instead of playing WoW.

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
yes maple story is a good game... NO DUE IT TAKES LONG TO LVL ITS AN RPG A MMORPG AT THAT! my ING in windia is g00glenat0r wisper me if you want

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
lol this thread is hella old, weird that u made it TCP... im totally buying it btw.. and once i get a new comp ill play the PC version again. We should play together when i get my comp hookups ^_^ ill pm u on smashboards or something

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
Like most people, I think it's great at the beginning, but once you hit a certain level, it gets horribly repetitive and lengthy to level up. The game quickly becomes a monster grinder.

Reminds me of Diablo II, but I actually played that game for years before stopping, whereas MS didn't take too long, like most of the free online MMOs out there that I happen to try.

Top Bottom