• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manor Smash 1

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Never sleep on West MI, as it will always practice harder and harder, and nothing is for certain.

Except that maybe work will always ignore day off requests and no one can make it out. That is for certain.

Manor Smash Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lordy
$36.00
2nd
Benji
$18.00
3rd
Solharath
$6.00
4th
TBird
5th
Tran
5th
Red
7th
Dirt
7th
Sophy
9th
Zaden
9th
Angry
9th
Cadet
9th
Caster

Thanks to everyone who game out to the event, congrats to Lordy for cutting down everyone, congrats to Cadet for getting so far into space and still being able to hold on to a controller between giggling fits. Hopefully a bit more hype will run behind this tournament next time, and we can bring in a much more ideal schedule and playerbase.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Unfortunate attendance. The starters list was interesting and was fun to play. There were lots of bad CPs but I digress.

Shoutouts to TBird for top 4
Shoutouts to Tran for playing the superior game
Shoutouts to Angry for getting bopped

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
It was insane how many times WarioWare was chosen as a starter, and I saw one game that used Lylat game 1. The counterpicks were more problematic in that they didn't have a clear identifier, which I hope to solve next time by having a downloadable common5.pac available prior to the tournament. Opening up Draculas seemed to be a well received counterpick, and I don't recall seeing Rumble Falls picked, but I couldn't keep an eye on every game.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I think Castle is a fine stage. I don't like Skyworld personally, but it is also not a bad stage. I just hate how the lack of platforms really hurts fast fallers. I guess it's just a part of the game and something that comes with stage variety.

Rumble Falls and Norfair are both garbage. I didn't see a single game at either stage. Same goes for Distant Planet now that I think about it.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I myself ended up on Distant Planet from an opponent's counterpick, and the rest of the time I fought TBird, yourself, and Benji so y'all just banned Norfair right out so I couldn't go. But yeah otherwise I don't know. I'm probably removing Rumble until its platforms are fixed to be more symmetrical, but I've not given up on Norfair. There is one wacky thing about the stage and that's the top platform when it is raised higher. I really don't quite like that function.

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
I think Castle is a fine stage. I don't like Skyworld personally, but it is also not a bad stage. I just hate how the lack of platforms really hurts fast fallers. I guess it's just a part of the game and something that comes with stage variety.

Rumble Falls and Norfair are both garbage. I didn't see a single game at either stage. Same goes for Distant Planet now that I think about it.
I've said this before, if Distant Planet was smaller it would be a good singles stage but probably a little small for doubles. At least for how I like to play doubles (2 1v1s instead of one giant cluster****). Agreed on Rumble and Norfair though, those stages are ass and promote circle camping for days, no reason to have them as starters or counterpicks until they're made smaller and possibly have the platform layout changed.

Also even though I dislike Drac's as Fox, I could always just play someone else and it's not that bad. People need to learn to play other characters if they're getting destroyed simply by stage counterpicks

P.S. you or I ****ed up the bracket on loser's side Super. It has me going on to play you in LFs when I apparently went 0-2 against TBird, which of course should be switched :d

Last edited:
Top Bottom