• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MannCo: Cookie Country v3

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Can confirm, that's a lot of lag I'm getting (It's actually worse than the original Bowervania), and maybe I just screwed up adding it but the collision off to, I like 2 feet under the big platform and can't land on the others, tested with Smash 3 Mario and Fox.
It's hard to read that shade of purple...

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Can confirm, that's a lot of lag I'm getting (It's actually worse than the original Bowervania), and maybe I just screwed up adding it but the collision off to, I like 2 feet under the big platform and can't land on the others, tested with Smash 3 Mario and Fox.
You noticed it too? The collisions and frame rate are fine as long as you use a Jungle Japes Based .rel. Using a 75m .rel is what caused the problems.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
You noticed it too? The collisions and frame rate are fine as long as you use a Jungle Japes Based .rel. Using a 75m .rel is what caused the problems.
Wait... so using it over 75m is the problem? I think that is just the file size issues! Thanks gents!

Reporting it over Final. And sending a copy to a random tester after I do general improvements.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Done, thanks to Kurukato87 for testing these for me on a wii. Here's the chagelog:

---Changelog---
-Deleted 37 objects that were not in plain view.
-Deleted textures that did not belonged anywhere.
-Ported it over Final Destination, helps with file size and helps with less clutter.
-Day version is now 2.84MB, before it was 2.94MB.
-Toxic version is now 2.92MB, before it was 3.03MB.
*Lag issue fixed

---Test Results---
-Porting this to other stages is impossible without a .rel. Its only for FD without it.

This was a thought fix... but its done...

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207287

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Big thanks for KTH for the video, now you can see what this stage looks like if still images aren't your thing.

Edit:
I noticed a train animation glitch on toy time galaxy, Im suprised no one told me. The stage is undergoing updates.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Im sorry that I constantly triple or double post, its just that I work extremely fast paced and Im determined to get all issues from my product patched ASAP... however, this is more than glitch fixing.. its an improvement!

Toy Time Galaxy was retouched a bit, in addition to fixing the train animation glitch...

I added a second fully animated train! And added a bit more stable platforms that has smaller memory load.

However due to sudden discoveries on my part relating on how I import things... I may require assistance to make sure my stages are working correctly. I already test my things on dolphin, but as most of you already know, I do not have a wii anymore. And blah, blah, blah

Cutting to the chase: I need 3 volunteers with a wii that could help me with wii playtesting, the first 3 volunteers will receive a beta of this stage with the completed animations. The focus of the test consists of lag tests, standard battle scenarios, and overall tips on how to improve in both aesthetics and performance of the stage.

This is experimental for me, because using the results of the test will influence greatly on how I will do my future stages. Asking for help this way will allow me to get reviews from both the same AND different people giving me an overall modification on how I do things.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Im sorry that I constantly triple or double post, its just that I work extremely fast paced and Im determined to get all issues from my product patched ASAP... however, this is more than glitch fixing.. its an improvement!

Toy Time Galaxy was retouched a bit, in addition to fixing the train animation glitch...

I added a second fully animated train! And added a bit more stable platforms that has smaller memory load.

However due to sudden discoveries on my part relating on how I import things... I may require assistance to make sure my stages are working correctly. I already test my things on dolphin, but as most of you already know, I do not have a wii anymore. And blah, blah, blah

Cutting to the chase: I need 3 volunteers with a wii that could help me with wii playtesting, the first 3 volunteers will receive a beta of this stage with the completed animations. The focus of the test consists of lag tests, standard battle scenarios, and overall tips on how to improve in both aesthetics and performance of the stage.

This is experimental for me, because using the results of the test will influence greatly on how I will do my future stages. Asking for help this way will allow me to get reviews from both the same AND different people giving me an overall modification on how I do things.
I use Project M on my Wii, and have plenty of time to kill, I could do it for you, if you want.
Warning! I am a casual player!

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I'll be third then. I'm decent at the game itself and know general stage design. I also have a buddy who comes to practice sometimes so we can test battles on it.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I use Project M on my Wii, and have plenty of time to kill, I could do it for you, if you want.
Warning! I am a casual player!
I'd like to try it out, if that's cool. I can't really help with how to aesthetically improve the stage, but I could test for lag and possibly even battle scenarios.
I'll be third then. I'm decent at the game itself and know general stage design. I also have a buddy who comes to practice sometimes so we can test battles on it.
Awesome! I sent the beta to all 3 of you.
I have a ton of patience so there is absolutely no hurry in sending me the results of your testing. I'll be working on other things in the mean time...

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Wow! Nice work, i downloaded some stages and they are awesome!
I have a question, do you take requests?
If it is yes, i really want a balanced fourside, (there is one but it froze my game, i think is 'cause the 3.5 or whatever thing).
If it is no, ok there's no problem, i'll still download some stages.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! I sent the beta to all 3 of you.
I have a ton of patience so there is absolutely no hurry in sending me the results of your testing. I'll be working on other things in the mean time...

If this is what I believe it is, the first act of this world lets you transform to Super Sonic in less than 15 seconds.

The weird thing is that I might be over-exaggerating the amount of time and it might be less than 10 seconds...

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
At first I was thinking that might be a Hoenn Pokemon League stage, but I guess that's a bit different looking (Outside, Inside)
So I don't know what that stage is, then. But I like the look of it, so I look forward to seeing more of it!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Wow! Nice work, i downloaded some stages and they are awesome!
I have a question, do you take requests?
If it is yes, i really want a balanced fourside, (there is one but it froze my game, i think is 'cause the 3.5 or whatever thing).
If it is no, ok there's no problem, i'll still download some stages.
Sadly I cannot, I left that style of stage making long ago, so I mainly focus in custom stages now. Also, I think I know which fourside you speak of... it works fine on my build. But just in case we are both on the same page here, what fourside was it? Could you link it?

If this is what I believe it is, the first act of this world lets you transform to Super Sonic in less than 15 seconds.
The weird thing is that I might be over-exaggerating the amount of time and it might be less than 10 seconds...
Yup. You know your Sonic Colors.
This is gonna be the last sonic stage that continues the pattern, because the next stage is gonna be mario galaxy related, breaking said pattern.

I don't wanna revamp past stages... yet.

At first I was thinking that might be a Hoenn Pokemon League stage, but I guess that's a bit different looking (Outside, Inside)
So I don't know what that stage is, then. But I like the look of it, so I look forward to seeing more of it!
Thanks!
Its Aquarium Park from Sonic Colors.
The whole empty space is gonna be a huge water pool with fishes of different sizes. Im gonna do my best to make this the most decorated stage yet.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Sadly I cannot, I left that style of stage making long ago, so I mainly focus in custom stages now. Also, I think I know which fourside you speak of... it works fine on my build. But just in case we are both on the same page here, what fourside was it? Could you link it?

Yup. You know your Sonic Colors.
This is gonna be the last sonic stage that continues the pattern, because the next stage is gonna be mario galaxy related, breaking said pattern.

I don't wanna revamp past stages... yet.

Thanks!
Its Aquarium Park from Sonic Colors.
The whole empty space is gonna be a huge water pool with fishes of different sizes. Im gonna do my best to make this the most decorated stage yet.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28866

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
On the download you'll see a .rel file, which makes stages stable enough to replace others... so in addition to putting the .pac file in the correct place, you must also put the .rel in the correct place.

Copy and Paste the .rel in here:
projectm\pf\module
Yeah, i know...now i have a bigger problem, i will post it in Help and Support....
20141229_083914[1].jpg

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Yeah, i know...now i have a bigger problem, i will post it in Help and Support....
You should cuz that looks like something inside the data exploded.

Also another small update:
This is a cosmetic only change and doesn't change the performance, I fixed the main platform texture a bit and darkened the sky to feel more natural. Its updated on BV, its not necessary to update this stage on your build if the previous textures were not bothersome to you. Also, Im gonna update it again.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
You should cuz that looks like something inside the data exploded.

Also another small update:
This is a cosmetic only change and doesn't change the performance, I fixed the main platform texture a bit and darkened the sky to feel more natural. Its updated on BV, its not necessary to update this stage on your build if the previous textures were not bothersome to you.
Darn it, it looks awesome! But now i realize that the problem is that i use a SD card adapter, and in my country they discontinued the 2GB SD cards :( at least i have Sm4sh and amiibos...

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 34198
I've actually come across that problem myself whenever I stay on the Project M Launcher Menu for more than like five seconds. Ever since I edited the .gct so I could use the Stage Expansion before Libertyernie released the templates for 3.5.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Now i realized the problem, i´m using an SD card adapter ´cause in my country they discontinued the 2GB SD card :(

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
I've been messing around with Toy Time for the last two hours after finally getting a chance to download what you sent me. I've done mostly 4-Player matches with CPUs and have also played with quite a number of combinations of character mods and the alternate 3.5 skins. So far, the most notable drop in framerate are any 4-player matches involving the Mega Mewtwo Y mod on here. It's not awful, but kinda noticeable and I can see it being a bother for more competent players. Other than that, when I tested it with the several other mods, including some Smash 3 skins I've had on my build since 3.5 first released before I was aware of some not working with it, the framerate's change has been very unnoticeable.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I've been messing around with Toy Time for the last two hours after finally getting a chance to download what you sent me. I've done mostly 4-Player matches with CPUs and have also played with quite a number of combinations of character mods and the alternate 3.5 skins. So far, the most notable drop in framerate are any 4-player matches involving the Mega Mewtwo Y mod on here. It's not awful, but kinda noticeable and I can see it being a bother for more competent players. Other than that, when I tested it with the several other mods, including some Smash 3 skins I've had on my build since 3.5 first released before I was aware of some not working with it, the framerate's change has been very unnoticeable.
As long as it doesn't lag with the standard or PM models, then it's probably the fault of the Mega Mewtwo Y skin. Regardless, the best test to see if a stage lags is to try it with 4 ice climbers or 4 Zeldas.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Awesome. Thanks.

As long as it doesn't lag with the standard or PM models, then it's probably the fault of the Mega Mewtwo Y skin. Regardless, the best test to see if a stage lags is to try it with 4 ice climbers or 4 Zeldas.
Please try this when you can guys.

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Okay, after around an hour of watching CPU Lv. 9 ICs and Zelda duke it out:

1.) It was confusing as **** to watch thanks to 8 people on one stage and Din's Fire spamming. 4 Zeldas were cooler to watch though thanks to traveling Din's Fire all over the place.

2.) There is a bit of a framerate drop, though it's barely noticeable. I don't believe there's much of a difference between 4 Zeldas fighting and 4 ICs fighting.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
It explodes, I set it aside for a sec.

Also, Taiko is remaking planet wisp with his magic and a pro is improving toy time galaxy's models, so progress is not paused.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
okay I had asked in another thread but I guess he was too busy with other stuff. since you apparently take requests...

I would like to request a DKC2 and DKC3 stage respectively. There is a Hornet Hole Stage for DKC2 on the vault but it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, as I prefer stages that one can play on competitively. I don't really have any specific ideas for DKC2 since that game has so many amazing locations, but I do have some general ideas for a DKC3 stage. If you're interested let me know and I'll tell you what I had in mind, but if not that's fine too. Thanks in advance, one way or the other!

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
What's up, Scout? It's been a while. Anyway I got bored and decided to make a .rel file for your Toy Time galaxy stage.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zd70k728e98v6to

This one goes over Mario Circuit and it works fine for me.

Anyways I see you closed the petitions for stage testing, shame. I was willing to give out a helping hand on your old stuff.

Good stuff, btw.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey Scout! I wanted to download your "PM 3.02's Norfair: Something I did cuz I was bored", but it took me to a link of Torvus Bog! Are you planning on making a 3.5 "Something I did cuz I was bored"?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
okay I had asked in another thread but I guess he was too busy with other stuff. since you apparently take requests...

I would like to request a DKC2 and DKC3 stage respectively. There is a Hornet Hole Stage for DKC2 on the vault but it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, as I prefer stages that one can play on competitively. I don't really have any specific ideas for DKC2 since that game has so many amazing locations, but I do have some general ideas for a DKC3 stage. If you're interested let me know and I'll tell you what I had in mind, but if not that's fine too. Thanks in advance, one way or the other!
Not taking request at the moment. Also I have no idea on how am I ever gonna obtain models from those stages. I import the models, I still have to learn how to make 'em.

What's up, Scout? It's been a while. Anyway I got bored and decided to make a .rel file for your Toy Time galaxy stage.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zd70k728e98v6to

This one goes over Mario Circuit and it works fine for me.

Anyways I see you closed the petitions for stage testing, shame. I was willing to give out a helping hand on your old stuff.

Good stuff, btw.
Yo, I know you! You're that guy with creepy avatars back at kcmm! TDMM! How's life? And yeah, late, but the testing phase will be opened again soon enough.

Hey Scout! I wanted to download your "PM 3.02's Norfair: Something I did cuz I was bored", but it took me to a link of Torvus Bog! Are you planning on making a 3.5 "Something I did cuz I was bored"?
I was too bored to rename the rar correctly, no worries, it is the same stage. As for the 3.5 "Something I did cuz I was bored" depends, I might need to suffer from chronic boredom again...
(the stage is ugly IMO XD )

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was too bored to rename the rar correctly, no worries, it is the same stage. As for the 3.5 "Something I did cuz I was bored" depends, I might need to suffer from chronic boredom again...
(the stage is ugly IMO XD )
I don't know if it's the same stage... When I downloaded it, it got me a Distant Planet skin with a Luminoth in the background, though it looks like a Norfair skin from the screenshots.

UGLY?!! PAH, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! IT'S GOT RAIN, SCIENCE PLATFORMS, IT'S THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! I WANT ITS HAND IN MARRIAGE!! IT'S EVERYTHING I'VE EVER WANTED. IT IS ENOUGH!! At least from the screenshots, anyway.

The Samus ship in the background was a nice touch! I might even be tempted to take a few of the Torvus Bog textures and put it if I get the chance to make it more Metroidy, maybe adjust Samus' ship to make it look a bit more dinged and beat up.

:samus:

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I don't know if it's the same stage... When I downloaded it, it got me a Distant Planet skin with a Luminoth in the background, though it looks like a Norfair skin from the screenshots.

UGLY?!! PAH, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! IT'S GOT RAIN, SCIENCE PLATFORMS, IT'S THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! I WANT ITS HAND IN MARRIAGE!! IT'S EVERYTHING I'VE EVER WANTED. IT IS ENOUGH!! At least from the screenshots, anyway.

The Samus ship in the background was a nice touch! I might even be tempted to take a few of the Torvus Bog textures and put it if I get the chance to make it more Metroidy, maybe adjust Samus' ship to make it look a bit more dinged and beat up.

:samus:
I guess you are right. Allow me to touch it up a bit.

Top Bottom