• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mang0 joins Cloud9 HyperX

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team

Cloud9 has expanded into the Smash scene picking up Mang0, one of the top players in Smash and EVO 2013 champion. The Smash team joins their lineup alongside League of Legends, Smite and Dota 2 teams. In the announcement, Cloud9 wrote that Mang0 'will be headlining' their Melee roster, perhaps implying additional players may be on the horizon for the team.

“Seeing how serious Cloud 9 is about Smash, I knew this will be a huge step for myself and the rest of the competitive community,” said Mango. “Cloud 9’s support and direction will help me focus on improving my mains Fox and Falco. With this, I’ll be truly be ready for EVO, CEO, MLG, and other top tournaments.”

“Smash Brothers came in very strong at EVO 2013 and we can’t wait to see what the rest of 2014 has in store for the Smash community,” said Jack Etienne, Owner and General Manager of Cloud 9 HyperX. “Mango’s highly competitive spirit and caliber of play fits perfectly with the rest of Cloud 9. Once we saw his experience and tournament record, there was no question that he was right for the team.”

Mang0 has been a fan favorite for a long time, and most recently won Melee Singles at WHOBO this past weekend, earning him a place at MLG Anaheim this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
No more MIOM Mango doe?
That's a little sad, but on the other hand HYYYYYYYYYYYPE for C9 getting into Smash.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I'm surprised they didn't show Mango at the last bar wars. That, my friends, was pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I love how these eSport sponsors seem to be more interested in sponsoring the Smash scene over other fighting game scenes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Very nice. Glad to see Smash getting some attention, hope this extends to the Smash 4 scene.

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
This is truly the platinum age for Melee, although I really do hope all this attention towards Smash jump starts Smash Bros Wii U's competitive community hopefully not at the cost of Melee's.

pickle962

Smash Lord
This along with last years evo seems to be a new era for smash bros! can't wait till smash 4 comes out on both consoles! that way I can practice whenever and get good enough to put old cows like Mew2King out to pasture ;)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Oh wow, Cloud 9. I recognize them through League of Legends. Congrats for Mango (I don't know much about him besides being good at Smash).

Always liked Cloud 9's logo.

Wing T

Smash Rookie
Who's next? There's a doctor in NC that can cure the curse, evaporate the liquid, and ride the cloud.

Evil Geniuses should pick up PP MD.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Lmfaoooo Sadbox was just too much! I guess cloud9 is trying to say "Dont mess with us we'll give you a sad face" ahah :laugh:

Top Bottom