• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man it's quiet in here

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I think the best combo video is probably Forward B. Or maybe Shadowclaw 2, Part 1. Forward's C.O.C.K. is cool too.

What's weird is there really aren't that many combo videos of KoreanDJ or Ken or Darkrain or Isai...

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Ironman thing that DogySamich did was pretty cool. I swear I'm not stalking you...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
EDIT: Oh yeah, the Ironman thing that DogySamich did was pretty cool. I swear I'm not stalking you...
oh na, that's kool. I have like, 500+ vids of myself on youtube, it's pretty sad. XD

And ironmans. XD Havent done one of those in a while.

Ironmans, a.k.a.

Solo Crews
Rap Battles
Slobberknockers
Parties

oh man, i had a whole list of names for them, cause 112 first came up with the idea a few years ago, then some big name person stole it and called it their own (i think it was g-reg)

But they're f'n hilarious.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I think I'll mooch your idea... maybe alter it a little.

Tier Ironmans! One character from each tier...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i've done that, it's hilarious.

I've down a lowtier ironman vs a lowtier main, that **** was hilarious.

_
[offtopic rant]
Contrary to popular belief, lowtier mains dont have the advantage in situations like that, although i got ***** by his luigi. That's just a random fact i think is funny cause i hear about it from low tier tournies.

People say low tier mains shouldnt be allowed to do low tier tourneys, when people dont realize that the only advantage they have is being comfortable with their main. A roy main could mop ganon's all day, doesnt mean he can fight a kirby.
[/rant]
_

But yeah, i think my best iron man team so far has been

Mario, Falco, Peach, Kirby, Doc.

.... hell yeah

-goes back to dancin around-

Gea

Smash Master
Iron Mans are win. I love playing as nearly everyone anyways, so I usually surprise people with matchups like Bowser/Falcon against someone who can't play as Falcon all that well and I win.

Awesome.

As for good combo vids... man Pine's is one of my favorites, but my all time favorite is by far All Wessed Up.

Heh. I miss melee tournaments. :< Brawls are awesome but they just lack something... Iunno.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Brawl is missing Melee.

Falcon against Bowser and Sheik against Bowser just sucks. For Bowser.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Brawl Mario can't wavedash, L-cancel, combo or use his down-B on the recovery.

Brawl Mario has loading times though.

Gea

Smash Master
Uair uair utilt spam. I still very much prefer the Melee counterparts to Brawl's because of dair and fair. Mario's aerials = too laggy in Brawl.

I play Peach in Brawl.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Wow, that was weird. I probably meant to capitalize everything in that last post but I messed up.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Uair uair utilt spam. I still very much prefer the Melee counterparts to Brawl's because of dair and fair. Mario's aerials = too laggy in Brawl.

I play Peach in Brawl.
uh... his fair is, that's it.

D.air auto cancels, you can actually space everything else.

And of all characters, why the **** play brawl peach. I mean, she's fun if you can play "melee peach" (read: instanair -> jab the **** outta everything), and people are too stupid to block. Beyond that peach blows in brawl.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GRAB SOMEBODY AT 120%, SLAP THEM, AND THEY DONT GO OFF THE STAGE?!?!?1 THAT'S F'N DEGRADING.

Gea

Smash Master
uh... his fair is, that's it.

D.air auto cancels, you can actually space everything else.

And of all characters, why the **** play brawl peach. I mean, she's fun if you can play "melee peach" (read: instanair -> jab the **** outta everything), and people are too stupid to block. Beyond that peach blows in brawl.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GRAB SOMEBODY AT 120%, SLAP THEM, AND THEY DONT GO OFF THE STAGE?!?!?1 THAT'S F'N DEGRADING.
See, I couldn't play Peach in melee until I started playing her in Brawl.

She's alot better than people give her credit for and a hellva lot better than Mario is in Brawl. Dair is still awesome, dsmash is useful just not for the same things, cancelling ALL of your aerials is amazing, fair is amazing, fsmash and usmash are good... utilt goes through every dair in the game, she can chainthrow people...

Hell, yesterday I did a 0-80 on a Falco by chainthrowing into tilts and then baiting them to whiff into a fair. That **** is fun.

But why play Peach? Why did any of us play Doc?

See the whole "just start the move high up so it ends before you land" crap is annoying. It ultimately limits you to doing the move, like Mario's nair, not for approach because its so easy to shield and punish. As in like they shield normally and still have time to do anything out of it before you actually land. The new dair can suck my nuts too. At least in Melee you can put shield pressure on people. If I want to stop spotdodgers I'll just jab, thanks.

Skler

Smash Master
Better question, why play Brawl ever?

Answer: Because you lost Melee and couldn't get another copy that very second.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
See, I couldn't play Peach in melee until I started playing her in Brawl.

She's alot better than people give her credit for and a hellva lot better than Mario is in Brawl. Dair is still awesome, dsmash is useful just not for the same things, cancelling ALL of your aerials is amazing, fair is amazing, fsmash and usmash are good... utilt goes through every dair in the game, she can chainthrow people...

Hell, yesterday I did a 0-80 on a Falco by chainthrowing into tilts and then baiting them to whiff into a fair. That **** is fun.

But why play Peach? Why did any of us play Doc?

See the whole "just start the move high up so it ends before you land" crap is annoying. It ultimately limits you to doing the move, like Mario's nair, not for approach because its so easy to shield and punish. As in like they shield normally and still have time to do anything out of it before you actually land. The new dair can suck my nuts too. At least in Melee you can put shield pressure on people. If I want to stop spotdodgers I'll just jab, thanks.
Pfft. I dont know if peach is better than mario, but that doesnt matter cause they're not in the obvious high/top tier. But peach is so dumb now.

And if you think she's soooo much better, you try recovering low. XD

Better question, why play Brawl ever?

Answer: Because you lost Melee and couldn't get another copy that very second.
Man you're just mad cause they took young link and threw his *** into toon world, and now he *****. Meanwhile, link is still wondering when he's gunna get to use spinner again. :(

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
me too.

i've been messin around with stuff, gettin ready for the big tourney this weekend.

I was talking to $mac while i was working on stuff today (and helping him with the doc guide), and i think my ******* figured out how to overcome the thorn in my side.

Platforms. XD

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
just beat gta4. Go me? I think.

I got the game for my bday along with my 360. -twirls finger- it's aight.

Grand Theft N***** is what i call it, cause i get in touch with my inner thug.

___

Dunno what's gunna happen next, i think ima finally start playing the ps1 games i bought when Rhinos went outta business.

or i might blow through the Newgame+ of an rpg. I dunno. >.>

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Way to spam, n00b.

Caping people is basically the most fun thing ever, but it seems to work better off stage with Mario. Doc's Cape doesn't really give him any lift.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I prefer dash dance usmash spam.

I dunno though... Mario seems a lot easier to play as than Doc. Plus his fsmash actually reaches somewhere.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
easier? Na.

Depends on what you have a harder time doing.

Have a hard time killing ****? Doc's easier.
Have a hard time comboing ****? Mario's easier.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Apparently one of us Doctors forgot to prescribe Gideon with the proper medications, because he woke up this morning in his bi-polar state and decided to completely change the layout with ... whatever this is. He also threw a few temper tantrums in the lobby and forced one of my assistants to change his main to Mario.

So, which one of you was it? The Doctor Mario School of International Wreckage is going to have a hard time graduating you if you messed up this big ... but I'm sure they'll be more lenient on you if you tell then now so they don't have to go through your records to find out themselves ...?

otg

Smash Master
Apparently one of us Doctors forgot to prescribe Gideon with the proper medications, because he woke up this morning in his bi-polar state and decided to completely change the layout with ... whatever this is. He also threw a few temper tantrums in the lobby and forced one of my assistants to change his main to Mario.

So, which one of you was it? The Doctor Mario School of International Wreckage is going to have a hard time graduating you if you messed up this big ... but I'm sure they'll be more lenient on you if you tell then now so they don't have to go through your records to find out themselves ...?
I'm sure we can just up his dosage and all this would go away no? "Take Two and Call me in the morning". :laugh:

Top Bottom