• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

male/female skin for more characters beyond wiifit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
just a thought. can definitely see them doing a male/female skin for more characters.

i'd like to see a skin to make Mr GW into a Ms, pokemon trainer into a girl version, or even sonic into amy.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I could see them making cross-gender skins for Villager and Pokémon Trainer (assuming the character is in the game), since you could choose between male and female in their respective games. But as for all the other characters, I doubt it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
as long as its only for the avatar like characters, and also only if their voice tracks are swapped in when its needed, otherwise it could be kinda akward.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Super Mario sisters.

jk I think Villager, Marth, pokemon trainer, the pokemon, and Robin (if they're added to the roster) would be perfect for that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it doesn't change the character themselves, like the Pokemon or the Villager, then yeah sure. Pokemon Trainer and Wii Fit Trainer are still Pokemon Trainer and Wii Fit Trainer even as a female/male respectively.

It's when they start changing into totally different characters like Marth to Lucina or... Sonic to Amy (nooooo) that the line should be drawn imo.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
If it doesn't change the character themselves, like the Pokemon or the Villager, then yeah sure. Pokemon Trainer and Wii Fit Trainer are still Pokemon Trainer and Wii Fit Trainer even as a female/male respectively.

It's when they start changing into totally different characters like Marth to Lucina or... Sonic to Amy (nooooo) that the line should be drawn imo.
Marth to Lucina makes sense though. Since she cosplayed as him in-game. But they could just give Marth the mask she wore when she dressed as him and it would be pretty much the same thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In my opinion, if a character is colored like another (Peach to Daisy, Lucas to Claus, etc.) they're still that character, only with a different palette. If a character gets a new model, like overalls Wario, female Pokemon Trainer, or Dr. Mario, they're still that character (the female PKMN Trainer is still the PKMN Trainer), just a different form or appearance. But when a character gets a model swap to a whole other character, one that, even if they have similarities, clearly is another character, it's a much different story. Lucina dressed as Marth, but she isn't actually Marth. And Marth is the character in Smash. It might be pretty much the same thing aesthetically (which is debatable and varies between characters), but character-wise it isn't. And I'd guess that probably does matter to Sakurai.

Hong

The Strongest
I think Lucina as an alternative for Marth is a great idea.

Let me put it this way: Much of the development time in this game is going to be spent on bug-testing every absurd scenario for everything ever (IE try to prevent further black holes or Koopa Hopping) and balance testing.

You are going to have all these graphic artists, animators and audio engineers sitting on their thumbs. I don't think it is unreasonable to say it is worth it for them to please a decent chunk of the fan base by trying to at least get as many characters as possible into a playable state without actually having to design a new character, as long as it's not a huge distortion from the source. That is to say, they can implement new graphics, new animation, new voice lines and sounds, but not actually have to change any of the character's properties, such as hitboxes or attack properties. Lucina could most certainly fill the shoes of Marth.

While it does cost them money to bring in voice talent, it is certainly worth the investment. Nintendo has basically written Sakurai a blank cheque to make the best game that he can. If they can get a billion voice actors for a game that will sell like 1m copies like Fire Emblem: Awakening, they can certainly part with some coin for Smash bros.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can only really see happening for Villager. For the Pokemon Trainer, it'd almost be pointless, since you aren't controlling the trainer in any fashion like in the Pokemon games. It's only the Pokemon themselves being used. Marth is a possibility. By switching to Lucina, which could disappoint some fans. I could see happening nonetheless. The two have similar fighting styles and are of the same family if I'm not mistaken. Robin from Fire Emblem would also be a decent choice.

No one else in the roster currently could use a Gender Swap as a costume.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would personally love to have Masked Marth. I wouldn't mind certain character swaps like Diddy to Dixie, but a lot of people hate the notion, so it probably wouldn't happen.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Pokemon Trainer
Marth -> Lucina
Mii
Rosalina and Female Luma
Pikachu -> female pikachu
Lucario -> female lucario with girl voice
Mewtwo with girl voice
Samus -> Adam Malcozich

Morbi

Scavenger
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Pokemon Trainer
Marth -> Lucina
Mii
Rosalina and Female Luma
Pikachu -> female pikachu
Lucario -> female lucario with girl voice
Mewtwo with girl voice
Samus -> Adam Malcozich
I almost forgot about Mewtwo. It is possible that Mewtwo Y will only be a costume, the one from the movie, Femtwo. :awesome:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Adam? Hell no. I didn't even know that guy had fans. Samus has too damn much to pull from to have to resort getting another character as an alt.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I would personally love to have Masked Marth. I wouldn't mind certain character swaps like Diddy to Dixie, but a lot of people hate the notion, so it probably wouldn't happen.
They could do a Masked Marth without changing the character though. Since the DLC Marth in that game uses the same appearance, besides the mask, it could still be him with the mask as a Lucina nod (but the players can think whatever they want :awesome:).

Morbi

Scavenger
They could do a Masked Marth without changing the character though. Since the DLC Marth in that game uses the same appearance, besides the mask, it could still be him with the mask as a Lucina nod (but the players can think whatever they want :awesome:).
I know that I will be whipping out that old imagination that I haven't used since I was 6. I suggest you do to. :marth:

Do you like my Lucina emote? Just practicing.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I know that I will be whipping out that old imagination that I haven't used since I was 6. I suggest you do to. :marth:

Do you like my Lucina emote? Just practicing.
She's Boootifull, where'd you get that emote? I see Marth in the emotes, but he's not nearly as handsome :awesome:.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lucario alts can be Zoroark and mewtwo.

Zoroark uses dark aura and mewtwo uses psychic aura
Y'know, Marth and Lucina swaps would be reasonable. Given the circumstances of plot points in their games. Not to say I would want it, but it is understandable at the very least. But you mind telling why anyone would want this for Lucario? Those three Pokemon aren't exactly related to each other in anyway. Lucario and Mewtwo have completely different movesets, barring two moves at the most. Not to mention just how pissed fans of one character would be if their favorite Pokemon was just an alternate costume for another with little to no relation.

EDIT: Geez it's late. Oh well. It's a Friday anyhow.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Lucario alts can be Zoroark and mewtwo.

Zoroark uses dark aura and mewtwo uses psychic aura
To put an end to this now, Sakurai already said that he would not be making alternate costumes characters that aren't the original characters.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It would only work for changeable avatar characters like Pokemon Trainer, WFT, Villager and Robin. Pikachu (with it's tail) would probably fall under this too.

Making gender versions of characters who have no business being that gender would be beyond weird.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Adam? Hell no. I didn't even know that guy had fans. Samus has too damn much to pull from to have to resort getting another character as an alt.
Even Anthony as an alt would make more sense than Adam, but yeah. The rest goes without saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom