• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making a Smash related thesis. Help? Please!?

Warau

Smash Rookie
Please tell me if this post shouldnt be here.

Good day Smashers,

I am Filipino based Competitive Smasher/Communication and Media Studies student that is currently working on a thesis with Super Smash Bros. Melee as my core example.
The title is: How the game changes with the players and how the players changed the game.

Its about how from a casual game made for the family's enjoyment, Melee was steadily changed by the people and shifted the game to a more competitive fighting game through game design exploits and glitches. What i want to prove is that even with products aside from games i could relate and say that X product, like Smash Melee, changed with its target audience and even had the consumers change it. Much like how competitive gamers found another layer of depth in Melee that casual gamers did not.

I want to show that a product can build a subculture and an interested community around a product like our community. A community willing to improve the product and the product that will change for its people.

Advertising majors, Communication majors, Marketing majors, anyone really. I need your help. Your opinions regarding the topic will be welcomed.

Top Bottom