• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 14 - This is Snake, I'm done here

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

Project Kibble is unfortunately running late. The letter in en route to Plorf right now, and will soon be delivered to Khold, then MT and finally Kibble himself. We're almost there!​

Junahu

Smash Ace
With his recent marriage earlier this month, here are some
Words of congratulations to SirKibble
I don't feel at all qualified to talk about this legendary MYMer. He's the kind of man that naturally attracts people to him. SirKibble is unflappably kind, honest, and passionate about the things he loves, and I wish him all the happiness in the world. ~Junahu

Well, I didn't know SirKibble very well, but he did make my favourite set ever and he always seemed like a real nice guy. So congratulations to him! ~FrozenRoy

Although I don't know him personally, he's one of the people who inspired me to do movesetting. Congratulations, my cutter-throwing ally, may you enjoy a happy life. ~APC99

Was just a legend when I first got here, but when he finally returned, totally lived up to the hype. Generally awesome guy ~N88_2004

I wish him the best of luck, and hope he has enough time to see us every now and then ~Phatcat

Kibble is one of the nicest people I've met throught this contest/group. I don't remember him ever having an unkind word to members or sets, and he helped me before when I needed it. Thanks, Kibble, you rock. ~Kholdstare
Kibble is an incredibly caring person who I am very grateful to have known. Totally at peace with the world and wise beyond his years, I can only wish him the best. ~Smash Daddy

If you want to add your own words of congratulations to this post, please get in contact with me. It'd be great to have all your well wishes in a single post.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Linkup space for SirKibble Movesets
A nice and handy post for finding SirKibble's movesets with. He has made some wonderful stuff over the years. His movesets emphasize being fun in a very direct way. For those of you who were unfortunate enough to never meet SirKibble, please go ahead and read some of his movesets. They should give you a good idea of the kind of person (awesome) SirKibble is.​
Don't forget his most recent stuff is at the bottom, and the ancient ancient sets are at the top.​

MYM2
  1. Bomberman by SirKibble
  2. Protoman by SirKibble
  3. Knuckle Joe by SirKibble
  4. Biospark by SirKibble
  5. Ray 01 by SirKibble
  6. Baby Mario Bros. by SirKibble
  7. Megaman.EXE by SirKibble
  8. Sir Kibble by SirKibble
  9. Ivan by SirKibble
  10. Erk by SirKibble
  11. Adeleine by SirKibble
  12. Toon Zelda by SirKibble
  13. Tetra by SirKibble
MYM3.0
  1. Paper Luigi by Sirkibble
  2. Cutman by SirKibble
  3. The Chosen One (Animator Vs Animation) by SirKibble
  4. Worm Soldier by SirKibble
  5. Sandslash by SirKibble
  6. Waddle Doo by SirKibble
  7. Chrono by SirKibble
MYM4
  1. Super Star Helpers by SirKibble
  2. Proto Man by SirKibble
  3. Dyna Blade by SirKibble
  4. Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright by SirKibble
  5. Frog by SirKibble
  6. Bonkers by SirKibble
  7. Gemini Man by SirKibble
  8. Butterfly Kirby by SirKibble
  9. Halberd Crew by MasterWarlord, KingK.Rool and SirKibble
MYM5
  1. Super Star Helpers: Ultra by SirKibble
  2. Balloon Fighter by SirKibble
  3. Wilhelmina Carmel by SirKibble
  4. Heat Man by SirKibble and Plorf
  5. Animal Crosser by SirKibble
  6. May by SirKibble
  7. Elias by SirKibble
  8. Richard by SirKibble
  9. Computer Virus by SkylerOcon, SirKibble and MarthTrinity
  10. Wrath by Baloo and SirKibble
MYM6
  1. Adeleine by SirKibble
MYMX
  1. Thor, God of Thunder by SirKibble
  2. Jenna by SirKibble
MYM11
  1. Sayaka Miki by SirKibble
  2. Cutie Mark Crusaders by SirKibble
  3. Invidia by SirKibble
  4. Whispy Woods by SirKibble
  5. Mr. Dooter by SirKibble
  6. Magolor by SirKibble
MYM12
  1. Kanade Tachibana by SirKibble
  2. Gray Fullbuster by SirKibble
  3. Quote by SirKibble
  4. Khamsin Nbh’w by SirKibble
MYM13
  1. Wind Waker Bang Head Against Wall Guy by Sirkibble

Junahu

Smash Ace
Below is a refurbished SirKibble moveset I put together to celebrate his big day. While most of the moveset itself is just as Kibble wrote it, years ago, there are various changes I made. Since I know there are people who might find such edits to be objectionable, I thought I'd remind everyone that the original moveset is still around, and you can just read that one if you don't want a moveset tainted by Junahu's touch.

Junahu

Smash Ace
So sorry for barging in on celebrations of SirKibble, but it's time for.
Wow. 5 years already? Just yesterday I was celebrating my 4th MYM anniversary.
Hmm, maybe I should make some movesets or something?
So, howdy everyone! Today (Oct 1st) happens to be the day I posted my first moveset in MYM. Over the past 5 years, I've met some wonderful people, and had more than my fair share of exciting times. Every year, right on this date, I celebrate my anniversary with (what else?) movesets.
And this Junahu Day is no different, I'll be posting a number of movesets throughout the day. So... enjoy?

[ooh, lookit these teensie 30x30 avatars of all the characters I've made movesets for. They're just the right size for Xat Chatrooms]​

I hope everyone has fun today!​

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Holy shizcrudness.

I need a magnifying glass.

I recognize Mega Man, Team Rocket, Clefable, Nurse Joy, Proto Man, Blaze the Cat, Air Man, Zigzagoon, Emolga, Victini, Gold, Pinkie Pie, TAC, and Robotnik.

Oh shiz. Happy double celebrations!!!

Junahu

Smash Ace
This is either the stupidest post in MYM history, or a fantastic act of providence.​
Like my Junahu extras post from last year, I hope to continue expanding and adding to this. Perhaps some additions like commonly used generic "Junahu attacks, or some summary on my moveset making philosophies. Just, general information so anyone can get a firmer grasp on what kind of Movesetter I am.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Junahu's Top10 favourite movesets (that he himself made)
I sure do love to take the opportunity to talk myself up. Whenever anyone comments one of my movesets, I feel compelled to respond, to try and convey the moveset's quality more directly to the commenter.​
It's bizarre then, that I haven't made a Top10 list in the last 3 years. That's a disgustingly long amount of time.​
So here it is, my Top10 favourite movesets, ordered roughly from 10th favourite to most favourite [you can click the images to take you to the moveset in question. How thoughtful of me!]. It was a little painful to narrow this down to just 10 movesets, because I'm proud of just about everything I've put out these last 5 years.​
Don't forget that this is a personal favourites list, so don't get upset if your own favourite moveset isn't here​

Junahu

Smash Ace
Halloween begins early.... or maybe it's just really really late​

Welcome to

My lord Dracula bids you welcome to his castle. Do not entertain any thoughts of opposing the master, for even if you do best him, he will never truly die so long as evil remains in the hearts of mankind. While you await your painful end, I would suggest sitting quietly and doing nothing. Leave this hall and I shall strike you down myself..
..what? "Nun shool"? A "book of spells" that traps enemies you read about? No, you have me mistaken for someone else entirely

Simon Belmont:- The Iconic Belmont
Demon Lord Dracula:- Can't have a Castlevania without this guy...
Maria Renard:- The double jumping witch herself..
Shanoa:- Dat back
Soma Cruz:- The reincarnated spirit of the demon lord.
Alucard:- The stalwart son of Dracula
Giant Bat:- The biggest of all bats
Medusa:- The original stoner
Mummy Men:- Decaying Kings of Egypt
The Creature:- No true name for himself, he is simply "The Creature"
Death:- Dracula's busom buddy and tag team partner
Granfaloon:- They are one, they are Legion

~~Water Dragon~~
Castlevania 3 Water Dragons:- The Water Dragon's best weapon is its body, which allows for unpredicatable movement.
Super Castlevania IV Orphic Vipers:- Players tend to face the Dragon in places with pits, or large bodies of water. Standing your ground is typically the best way to handle these encounters.
Castlevania Rondo of Blood Water Dragon:- As its name suggests, the Water Dragon is in its element in water, but can still be a threat even completely landlocked.
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness Water Dragon:- Even a monster like the Water Dragon is subject to some weak interpretations.

~~Bone Golem~~
Castlevania Rondo of Blood Bone Golem:- Bone Golem is unique to Rondo of Blood, notable for its ability to readapt its body as it takes on damage
Castlevania X Chronicles Bone Golem:- Exact same boss, but in 3D

~~Carmilla~~
Castlevania Rondo of Blood Carmilla:- Carmilla herself is rarely a tough opponent, though there tends to be some form of back up on her side to make even Carmilla's basic attacks threatening.
Castlevania X Chronicles Carmilla:- Exact same boss, but in 3D
Castlevania Circle of the Moon Carmilla:- Carmilla has all kinds of projectile attacks, yet her movement pattern always remains constant; patrol left and right until you die.
Castlevania Judgement Finisher:- So satisfying. And now, you die.

Last edited:

Junahu

Smash Ace
Have a seat, master. Would you like something to drink? Something to read perhaps? Movesets? Yes, master.
Goal: Create a moveset in which no less than 8 women (or men, if so inclined) fight together as a group. These people must be characters you feel an emotional connection to, thus forming a "Harem" of "waifus" (or husbandos). Show us your love for your special fictional someones!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
WOAH HOLD THAT **** LOVER-BOY, YOU BETTER STOP SCROLLING RIGHT THIS INSTANT, BECAUSE YOUR EYES ARE ABOUT TO GET HURT FEELINGS AND BUTT RANGED BY A MOTHERDICKING HUSBANDOU MOVESET.
Yes, prepare to enter the realm of unforseen levels of GAR as tirk's finest selection of dead sexy bachelors (and two cats) unleash their loads of hot, steaming machismo all over your face and you will TAKE IT ALL LIKE THE SISSY YOU ARE. Just who are these tall, erect pillars of Y cromosomes you ask? Well better hold onto your cheeks, because we're gonna penetrate between them with the ROD OF KNOWLEDGE

JIN SAOTOME here is the pilot of the titanic hunk of red death known as BLOOOOOOOOOOODIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. He's well known for his hot-blooded attitude and for sponaneously exploding his clothes off at random moments. In-game he mostly chills out in the back on Bloodia, jumping in when the time is right.
KANJI TATSUMI may be known as the bloodcurdling beefcake emperor, but don't let that scary exterior scare you; on the inside, he's a pretty lovable guy. Wielding a steel chair backed by red-hot steaming muscles and the Persona Take-Mizuguchi, you definitely wanna stay on his good side on the battlefield.
CASSHERN is KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN
SOL BADGUY is your local gear hunter, dustlooper, and all around badass who may or may not be a shameless self-insert of Daisuke Ishiwatari. Also known for being just about the only fighting game main character to be any good. If there's anything this mofo loves more than his Freddie Mercury albums, it's mopping chumps off the floor with his oddly rectangular lighter-paddle Fuuenken.
KING, with the beauty of the fairest woman and more class than any man, transcends gender barriers to bring her venomous brand of kickass among the manliest crew around. Just pls don't tear her shirt off ;_;
DATE MASAMUNE is a 17th century Japanese warlord and tactician, and founder of the city of Sendai. He's well known for his missing eye, fierce ambition, ability to wield 6 swords at once, his mechanical motorcycle horse, and telling his men to put his guns on. LET'S PARTY!
TORO is a cat that really wishes he was a human, and has been at this lofty goal for quite a while. Other than that, uh, he doesn't really do much. His hobbies include playing video games, hosting talk shows with his pal Kuro, and looking straight-up adorable.
Last but not least is NECO ARC CHAOS, Nrvnqsr Chaos' petit feline counterpart. While this may seem like a complex set for a giant group of characters, Neco Chaos here is the only one you'll be directly controlling here. Much like Nrvnqsr himself, Neco Arc Chaos' body is comprised of 666 black beasts made of pure chaos. And by some freak accident, it appears all the husbandous sans Jin have been absorbed into his primordial soup! Though they seem to be retaining their color schemes...
What this means is that instead of the group staying out all at once, they'll stay out of the way inside of NAC's body (or in the background in Jin's case) and will be called out as needed.

STATS
WEIGHT: 3/10 Neco Chaos is very small and light, you see.
SPEED: 8/10 Did you know Neco Chaos won 2nd place in the Moscow World Championship for Atheltics? You don't? Well good, because I just made it up.
JUMP: 8/10 Staying true to Melty Blood, the Neco characters have a glide that look sorta like this.
FLOATINESS: 5/10 Well, what is it?

NEUTRAL SPECIAL- THE MYSERIOUS MORNING EDITION WHICH IS THROWN AND BREAKING MY WINDOW

A mysterious woman in a hood and a broom darts by the field while yelling "NEWSPAPER NEWSPAPER" and predictably throws a gaudy expensive tablet on the field because print is dead. Walking and picking up the tablet as Neco Arc Chaos will make him check this morning's world affairs, because he's a well-enlightened guy. This can result in one of three outcomes:

-"NRVNQSR ON HIS DEATHBED; WILL HE BE AN ANGEL SOON?" Chaos reacts with a passive "Hmm, that's always the case" and casually tosses the tablet away behind him which does 200% damage and insta-kill knockback.
-"A SHOCKING COMEBACK: SUPERBOT TO CONTINUE WORKING ON PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE 2" Toro pops out and does his happy dance at this exciting news, but then the screen fades away and transitions to Toro sleeping on the ground with Chaos reprimanding him for stealing his copy of Soul Sacrifice without permission, revealing this all to be an elaborate fever dream which makes Toro sadly sulk away.
-"YUKIMURA SANADA TO-" this headline is then promptly interrupted by Masamune and his men stampeding off-screen with Date yelling "TIME TO PAAATI" This stampede does 9% damage per hit.

SIDE SPECIAL- DENKOU PUNCH

Casshern marerializes behind Neco Chaos and electric-punches him forward, sending him flying across the stage. (And it's always across the stage, no matter how long it is.) Getting hit by Neco Chaos' flying body does 8% damage, decent knockback on hit, and a strange urge to devour any nearby cashews.

DOWN SPECIAL- BLODIA VULCAN

Blodia dashes behind the center of the stage and opens up its vast array of machine gun cannons. It then blasts a Stage builder block-sized area in front of Neco Arc Chaos as Jin yells "BLOOOOOOOOOODIIIIIAAAAAAAAA" at the top of his lungs. This mass spray of bullets does 2% damage per hit, and lasts about as long as you can yell BLOOOOODIIIAAAAAAAAA into the Wii U gamepad.

UP SPECIAL- SURPRISE ROSE

Another move at Chaos' expense, King appears behind him and flash kicks him into the air. This flying gentlemanly feline arcs upwards a good distance and does 6% damage on hit. Pressing this input again will make King jump up and follow him, and then unleash a barrage of bicycle kicks (or "rides an invisible bicycle" as all the cool kids say) on his back. These kicks also somehow damage any nearby enemies, doing 14% damage total.

A COMBO- FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE ?????????????????

For most lesser movesets, the natural combo is a pansy set of rapid attacks that do little to no damage. In this, 100% manlier set, it is instead reserved for one of the strongest moves, by leeway of Toro himself. For this, he dons the ancient Garcon uniform of low quality service for $9 an hour and sets up a table in front of Neco Chaos to unleash his ULTIMATE FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE

WOOOOAAAAAAHH

This does nothing except make everyone in the room stare in amazement and clap like a roomful of Americans at the end of a movie, which gives you time to seize the opening if you can somehow resist yourself from doing the same. (You probably can't.)

DASH ATTACK- RIOT STAMP

There are attacks that are complex and expansive, and others that are not. For this, Neco Chaos performs a flying kick while running, accompanied by Sol himself as backup for a rather dynamic entry upon the faces of your enemies.

FORWARD TILT- CHAM-PAIN

Let's pour one out for the homies, and enjoy the drink of celebration itself. Of course, these fine men only accept the most perfected and highest quality Champagne fit for a King. Yes, I'm talking about Jay Z's Ace of Spades AKA Armand de Brignac, now available at your nearest wine retailer, pls drink responsibly, lest you write silly lines like "I AM THA MIKE JORDAN OF RECORDIN'"
As for the move itself, a bar being tended by King suddenly appears below Neco Chaos, who proceeds to recline on the stool with a cigar and says "Master, please shoot me a beam, nya." King responds by eagerly nodding her head, saying "YOU GOT IT!" and shooting a DOUBLE STROIKE from her legs which destroys the bar and sends Neco Chaos flying back 3 BFPs, still reclining with a cigar all the way through, doing 16% damage in total. Neco Chaos responds to this incident by whispering "Beams are so....unisex." and gets back up.
So huh, this move sorta ended up having nothing to do with champagne after all.

DOWN TILT-

Following a proud tradition of counter down tilts, Kanji Tatsumi comes out with his steel chair and assumes a battle ready tradition. If someone hits Kanji in this state, they'll get knocked back and stunned by a powerful blow, and proceed to say some canned line that can be vaguely interpreted as questioning Kanji's sexuality. ("If I wasn't more careful, I would have tasted his fist even harder!" "Don't plow through me!" "This rose has thorns!" "Yowie!" "I got hit? How queer!")
Kanji then looks on at the victim with an unrelenting gaze and replies with the line in the move name. How the opponent reacts from here will result in two outcomes:
-If the opponent moves towards Kanji, he'll say "TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN RAAAUGH" and shoulder tackles them for 20% damage and great sideways knockback.
-If the opponent moves away from Kanji, he'll yell "NOOOOO COME BACK I LOVE GIRLS" and makes an instant beeline sprint across the stage that does 14% damage and great upwards knockback,

UP TILT- VORKANIKKU VAIPA

Pure sex in move format, Sol lifts Neco Chaos up with his Fuuenken and does a flaming shoryuken with lightning fast startup that punishes just about anything. But this isn't guilty gear, so maybe its actual use in this regard is a bit questionable. This attack deals 11% damage with mediocre knockback.

FORWARD SMASH- BLODIA PUNCH

Here in man country, we don't settle for punching with falcons. No, instead we punch with a GIANT GUNDAM FIST.
Jin hops on-stage and gives a thumbs up as he punches forth with all his might.(Along with At the same time, the giant Blodia itself joins in on the fun, increasing the range and power of this move tenfold. In total, it deals 26% damage and great knockback to make up for its somewhat bad startup time.

UP SMASH- THE LAST PARTY

For this absolutely CUH-RAAAAAAAYZEEEE up smash, prepare to have your mind rocked out of its skull as you endure the most intense move of your life! Once you press up smash, all action freezes and multiple scrawny bushes containing eggplants pop up all over the stage. The camera pans up and then back down again, with Neco Chaos nowhere in sight. Instead, you get this.

On the ground, Masamune's loyal retainer, Katakura Kojuurou, is harvesting eggplants with utmost care. There are many sprouts below Masamune's feet, as his retainer is quick to remind him of, leaving him woefully stationary. Not willing to stand for this, the one eyed dragon crosses his arms and yells "AWLRIGHT"

"I know those eyes of yours! You want me to help out right? Let's start the PARTY!"

This segment has you controlling a chibified Masmune as he travels about the stage looking for eggplants to harvest. The only move he has is a single CUH-RAZYEE Jet-X slash, which deals 15% damage to bystanders. But the main point is to get those eggplant bushes.

"YEEAAAAHAAAAH!"

But upon dicing the first bush and harvesting its eggplanty goodness, you're promptly halted by Kojuurou.

"MASAMUNE-SAMA!"

"These are too early to be harvested! I believe it's two days and a half early!"

"Hmm..." The one-eyed dragon responds. "OK!" he affirms as he goes back to finding more eggplants to harvest.

"YEEEAAAHAAAAH!"

"Masamune-sama!"

"These are also too early to harvest! I believe it's 3 days and a half too early!"

"Hrm...OK...." Date replies in a somewhat disgruntled fashion.

"YAAAAHYEEAAAAH!"

"Masamune-sama!"

"These should wait too, I believe it's 4 hours and a half early to be harvested!"
Date starts steaming at this repetitive bulltwinkies. "I'm tired of that! Stay back Kojuurou!"

"I'll show you how I do when I'm serious!"

"YEEEAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Date starts plowing all the way across the stage, 3 times, at lightning fast speed, doing 19% damage and downright basara knockback each hit.
"This could just become a habit."

DOWN SMASH - THE ZOO

Neco Arc Chaos, in his smooth charismatic Joji Nakata voice, says "Show time!" and takes out a random pitch black animal from his primordial soup.

-Charging the smash for a short time brings out Toro's black best friend, Kuro. Kuro doesn't really do much except lie around and play video games, but he sure looks cute.

-Charging it for a moderate amount of time brings out a pitch black version of Casshern's robot dog buddy, Friender! Friender charges forth and uses the opponent's leg as a bone, gnashing at it for a few seconds and doing 8% damage.

-When it's fully charged, Chaos busts out TAKE-MIKAZUCHI, who pounds the ground with his staff and creates a bolt of lightning to strike the location of the nearest opponent, dealing 15% damage and incredible stun, ending in a crumple state.

NEUTRAL AERIAL - TYPHOON

Ready up that Wii U gamepad again, because in order to use this move, you gotta yell "TYPHOOOOOOOOOOOON" at the top of your lungs. With this, Jin hops in and engulfs Neco along with the rest of the husbandous in a firey typhoon comparable to that one Metaknight move, doing does 5% per hit but having greater knockback, thus having less combo potential. It too only lasts for as long as you can hold a TYPHOOOOOOOOOON with your voice.

DOWN AERIAL - RYUSEI KICK

Casshern appears behind Neco Chaos, who simultaneously do a tremendous shining divekick accented by the phrase "RYUSEI KIIICK." This is a pretty quick move and does a decent 9% damage with good knockback, and results in Neco being pushed back a bit on hit.

FORWARD AERIAL - UMEHARA GA KIMETA

You don't want to be hit by this move. In fact, you probably don't wanna hit with this move either.
When you unleash this move, Sol appears behind Neco Chaos and does his jumping dust attack, as pictured above. If you manage to hit with this move, you'll hear a loud Japanese voice saying "UMEHARA CATCHES IT, PREDICTS BURST, STAGE CORNER" From here, various inputs fall rapidly from the top of the screen, and the music changes to Kokoro Odoru by Nobodyknows+.
The entire scene changes to that of this video, and you must hit the inputs on time with the music to keep the move going. You do about 1% damage per input to the enemy, meaning this move is gonna be an insta-kill 99% of the time. What, you want some weakness to this move? Uuuuh, lemme just think, uuuh.... Oh, I know! It costs about $8.95 to use this move each time, and if you don't have enough money in your account, the Wii U automatically downloads gay ****** porn onto all your nearby devices. Technology!

UP AERIAL - WHAT ELSE

Neco Arc Chaos juts out a mantis leg from his coat and does a flipkick with it. HOWEVER, it is most certainly -not- a random flipkick. No, this flipkick was in fact foretold by the ancient Babylonians in their Rastafumszusmismsaisha Book Volume LXXIICVIXX, from it I quote:
"Whence the posteriors hath been separated into equal halves and thy capability of causing base amusement within the hearts of men plummeteth to zero, thy shall resort to some humorous leg-based maneuver, the use of which has been in much abundance and therefore thy intended value of said fast-footed caprice has long since degraded to naught many an eaon ago.
Also, buttmuffins."
It does, like, 8% damage and does whatever knockback these things usually do.

BACK AERIAL - TORNADO KICK '13

Named '13 because the tried and true Tornado Kick '95 only travels forward, whilst this one travels backwards, so see, it's a whole load of difference right there.
King appears behind Neco Chaos and does a flying double spinning kick in the opposite direciton, doing 6% damage for each of its two hits. It's relatively safe and fast, suitable for a classy gentlewoman.

GRAB - WEEKLY TORO STATION

For the setup of this move, Toro will pop out and throw a table on the ground. If the foe gets hit by this, they'll go flying up off-screen and land down on a soft seat next to Toro and Kuro, who proceed to host their weekly talk show. Pressing A will make the catty duo ramble, but it seems they show very little interest in the guest at hand. Instead, it seems they're too preoccupied with something random like the latest video game release.
This grab has no pummel damage, instead settling for just the damage done by the initial table hit, which does 6%.

FORWARD THROW - WEEKLY TORO QUIZ

Toro decides to finally pay attention to the guest of honor, through the only way he knows how: forced quizzes!
Toro will bring up a menu, asking about a random question about some obscure Japanese game on Playstation consoles. Chances are the opponent won't get any of them, meaning Toro will get madgry and bonk them on the head with a fan.
Nothing happens of course if they do get it right, although you do get to call them NEEEEEEEEEERD and beat them with a box of Pocky.

BACK THROW - UNHEALTHY DRINKING GAME

King appears from the side and tosses a few glasses of champagne, while Neco Chaos pops up and says "I know this is sudden, but let's have a drinking competition!"
And so it begins, with a brutal drinking game between Chaos and the opponent as the Sony cats cheer on from the background. How this works is that each player has to mash A as fast as possible to down as many drinks within 3 seconds. Whoever manages to slam the most glasses in that time frame wins and goes unpunished, while the loser upchucks from all the drinking and spends the next 9 seconds with their speed slowed to a crawl.

UP THROW - I'M FLIPPIN' TABLES

The opponent decides they've had enough of this gimmick crap and go straight up (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ on that table.
However, this table is aggressive, and ends up bonking them on the head for 10% damage as Toro and Kuro look on with a shocked expression.

DOWN THROW - SALTY BET

Toro and Kuro decide to just do what they do best and play some video games. Except this time, they decide to force the opponent to play as well!
At total random, they'll play either Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Persona 4 Arena, Sengoku Basara X, Marvel vs Capcom, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, KoFXIII, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, or Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code. In these, the player is forced into the role of either Sol, Kanji, Date Masamune, Jin, Toro, King, Casshern, and Nrvnqsr Chaos respectively, while the opponent is forced to use Ky, Yosuke, Yukimura, Strider Hiryu, Heihachi, Ryo, Ken the Eagle, and Ryougi Shiki respectively. The gameplay is exactly the same as their source games, but there's only one round and the action is sped up x3, and both characters have half health.
Whoever loses this super short bout ends up getting super salty, which means that for about 30 seconds, the loser has their attack power doubled, but cannot block, dodge, and must constantly move toward the opponent.

FINAL SMASH - A MAN'S WORLD

Instead of having a single Final Smash, this set has 7 different ones depending on which move you busted open the Smash Ball with.

LAIR OF THE BEAST KING

When Neco Arc Chaos gets the final smash, he promptly turns into his more serious form, Nrvnqsr Chaos, and condenses all of his black beasts into a singular form, wrapping around him to form the ultimate beast, Beast 999!
Beast 999 charges forth with a beautiful, simple, and efficient shoulder tackle that travels extremely fast across the stage, and does 666% damage, which may or may not be an instant kill most of the time.
Once that initial tackle finishes, the beast dissolved into Neco Chaos smoking a cigarette while saying "show...down!"

THE MAN SERIES: BROFIST

A Final Smash shared by Kanji, Jin, and Casshern!
Kanji appears and walks forth with his chair behind his back. Anyone who touches this glowing delinquent will be instantly caught by his grab, and tossed up into the air. Kanji's persona, Take Mikazuchi, along with the red hot fist of Blodia and the electrifying punch of Casshern, take up all four corners of the screen, and give the foe a crushing MANLY BROFIST that instantly kills them.

JUMPING NAPALM BREAKER

A final smash shared by Date Masamune and Sol Badguy!
Sol pops in and flashes for a bit, leading to his signature instant-kill, Napalm Death. Unlike it's normal counterpart, this move probably isn't entirely impossible to hit with, and the result launches the opponent into the air in explodey death. But not to be content with a simple eruption of flames, Date Masamune hops in to join the fun too! This theme begins to play as Date adds even more injury to injury with one of his many ultimate techniques:

The screen is overlaid with a loud "BASARA DESTROYED" as Date and Sol look afar onto the wreckage, fistbumping eachother.

CHAMPAGNE MOCHI

A Final Smash shared by Toro and King!
A scene cuts to King shaking up another bottle of carbonated alcohol goodness, while Toro wanders up, gets curious, and chugs down an entire bottle behind her back. Just noticing this after it's too late, King looks on with a shocked reaction as Toro goes into a DRUNKEN RAGE! He turns into his demon form as pictured above, and makes a beeline towards the opponent. If he hits, he'll perform a brutalistic raging demon on them, ending with a tiny burp as Toro falls back alseep. The drunken Shun Goku Satsu does 50% damage and great knockback.
If Toro misses, he'll trip and fall, while King gets angry at him swiping the merchandise without her permission. She responds with a VENOM SHOT, shooting two large, frothy projectiles at Toro (essentially going across the stage) that does 40% each in collateral damage to any nearby opponents.

PLAYSTYLE

lol

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Playlist here!

Annnnd that's it (hopefully!) Stay tuned for match ups featuring the waifus (or husabandos in tirk's case), and maybe a little something else later. ;D

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
I was just talking about this in the chat, but I'm working on a cleaner version of my Marin set from back on page 3 to make it less of a chore to read. Removing the contest-only portions, shortening areas that are long in the tooth, and otherwise cleaning up typos and other errors. I'll put the original version in an old post somewhere and link it for those who enjoyed the original version, but my new draft currently has a full 1/6th less words than the original.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
This is my first moveset, so it's bound to be unbalanced and potentially not good. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.​
-----​
There's been a smattering of posts and sketches on the Miiverse SSB community to the popularity of this guy, but I've not seen anyone attempt a moveset, and since I'm too lazy to go through every post here and he does in fact feature in the Roster Maker, I thought what the hell?​
Steve from MineCraft?!
Didn't see that one comin', did ya? Blasphemy!
Before you report me to the admins, I'll make my case. If you don't already know, Steve is the protagonist in the MineCraft games. As Steve you begin with nothing, collecting blocks, crafting tools, building shelters and workshops. The game progresses with the more resources you collect, food from animals, wood from forests, and most importantly the raw minerals deep in the stone. By day, Steve continues to develop the infrastructure of the overworld. By night, Steve defends himself and nearby villages from zombies, skeletons firing arrows and strange looking green creatures the villagers call "Creepers" that explode when touched.​
When he discovers how, Steve builds a portal and travels to the Nether, a hellish underworld full of fire, Netherack rock and evil beings ready for a fight. After defeating the inhabitants Steve exploits the resources there as well and returns to the overworld with the treasures of the Nether. Continuing further down in the overworld Steve encounters a stronghold with an End Portal and, with his enderpearls activates and jumps straight into the End dimention to face the Endermen and the final boss; the Enderdragon.​
In-game, Steve has a copy of virtually every item he can wield to deal damage to the opposition, from tools to weapons, potions to throwable objects, even TNT. Steve is a bit of an everyman; taking away his items has a normal build and size, and his speed is equal in all respects. His unique ability however is the main thing that distinguishes him from the rest...​
Unique Ability - Upgradable Attacks

Inspired by Lucario's Aura in Brawl and Bomberman's special moves in the fan game Super Smash Flash 2, Steve has the ability upgrade some of his attacks and inflict more damage as he fights by attacking fighters and crafting better versions of his arsenal between lives. Steve begins with a wooden version of the sword, axe, hoe, shovel and pickaxe; each dealing the lowest damage in the slowest time. As Steve uses his pickaxe, every time he lands a bow with it, one block of a particular resource may drop for Steve to promptly pick up and place into his inventory. Whenever Steve wants or needs to he can retire to a quite spot and craft new tools that slightly increase the damage they inflict and decrease any time taken to either attack or charge to reach maximum output. As his pickaxe is his Side Special, the pickaxe can also be charged to increase both its damage and the chances of increasing the amount of blocks ejected when landing a blow, the maximum blocks in one blow is two.​
The four 'mine-able' resources are released as each new upgrade on the pickaxe is made: Stone, Iron, Gold and Diamond; when the pickaxe is upgraded, depending on the state of the tools, older resources can still be mined to upgrade other tools. Steve can only store nine blocks at a time before he needs to use them and craft weapons. In general, Stone tools increase the damage by +1% and reduce the charge time and attack time by 10%. Iron tools increase the damage by an additional +1% and reduce the times a further 10%. Gold tools suffer a penalty in both MineCraft and here, Gold tools still decrease the times by another 10% but negate the +2% damage bonus earned from Iron tools. Diamond tools add +3% damage to Gold tools, making them the most damaging, and decrease the charge and attack times by another 10%, making them the quickest as well.​
This telescopic ability does have drawbacks though; as mentioned before Gold tools have the same attack strength as Wooden tools by negating the damage bonuses from inferior tools, making a difficult choice for the player; sacrificing short-term damage racking for long-term pinnacle attacks. Also, when crafting Steve needs to stay exactly where he is for up to 0.9 seconds for him to craft the weapons - one tenth of a second for every block in his inventory, if within that time you get attacked by anyone else, while saving the tools you have made, you lose the remainder of your resources and need to gather them again. Lastly, I italicized 'between lives' for a reason. Just like Lucario, and just like in MineCraft, when Steve dies, or is KOed, depending on your outlook in life, all the upgrades from his weapons are lost and he returns to the stage with puny Wooden tools again. Well, that's his abilities, let's move onto his stats...​
Stats; stats in italics are not solidified and open to changes and edits.​
Weight: 5​
Size: 5​
Ground Speed: 5
Air Speed: 5
Fall Speed: 5
There, what'd I tell you, everyman. For a first time moveset maker it's a bit difficult to formulate a good set of stats for essentially an everyman. What I can say is that Steve's jumps are rather short. I can imagine Steve's first jump being not much taller than Ganondorf and his second jump being only as high as his first. Now the actual moveset...​
Special Moves
Neutral Special - Craft

As mentioned before his Special Attack is Craft. Steve places a Crafting Table block and quickly manufactures his new weapons. When complete Steve returns to the fray with his new tools, the Crafting Table remains on the stage for Steve and others to use as a Wooden Crate for only three seconds. No items will eject when the Crafting Table is broken. Steve's Craft move allows him to upgrade his Side Special, Side Tilt, Down Tilt, Up Smash and Down Smash attacks. Steve needs to stay at the Crafting Table for the entire duration of the craft uninterrupted to utilize the full effect of the craft.​
Side Special - Pickaxe

Steve pulls out his pickaxe and 'mines' the fighter in front of him to both deal damage and yield resources to improve his weapons. The attack can be charged to deal the most damage possible and the most blocks; a fully charged blow yields two blocks, otherwise one block will drop. The pickaxe requires three resources to upgrade.

Wooden Pickaxe: 3 - 7% damage, 2.0 second charge time.
Stone Pickaxe: 4 - 8% damage, 1.8 second charge time.
Iron Pickaxe: 5 - 10% damage, 1.6 second charge time.
Gold Pickaxe: 3 - 8% damage, 1.4 second charge time.
Diamond Pickaxe: 6 - 11% damage, 1.2 second charge time.

Up Special - Swiftness Potion

Steve drinks a swiftness potion and jumps upward, extending his right arm up and punching everyone within his path. Anyone who hits Steve is dealt 20% damage, anyone who is unfortunate enough to hit his right fist in the air also suffers an extra 5% fire damage. During the jump Steve also moves faster for three seconds after drinking the potion, giving him the ability to move through the air faster and on the ground faster during that time. The effect is the same as Steve gaining 1.5 Ground and Air Speed tiers. There's a very brief lag of about one third of a second before Steve drinks the potion, as he does he is invincible until he jumps.​
Down Special - Flint and Steel

Steve pulls out his Flint and Steel and sparks the ground around him to ignite fire. If anyone is right next to Steve as he ignites fire, instead of the ground, Steve ignites the fighter. Anyone who is either ignited by Steve or steps into the fire suffers 1% fire damage every half a second until the fire is put out, either by being hit or using the appropriate items and/or moves, or letting the fire die out randomly. Fires ignited by Flint and Steel may last for up to ten seconds.​
Standard Attacks
Neutral Attack - Break
Steve uses his fists to 'break' a fighter like he does in MineCraft to blocks without any tools. Steve quickly bashes the fighter, entering into a quick combo. As he continues to hit the fighter, the victim cracks visually like a block. The break combo reaches a high as eight before Steve 'breaks' the fighter, the victim suffers 1% damage for every hit in the combo and at the end of the combo also immediately suffers knockback equal to 10% damage. While Steve is breaking a fighter, he is completely vulnerable from every other fighter and can break his combo by attacking him.​
Dash Attack - Charge
Steve quickly charges at the fighter and thrusts his fist right at them. The attack yields just 4% damage, but like in MineCraft the attack deals a knockback effect equal to deal double damage - ie 8%. The charge is a useful way to push the opposition back and give yourself space to attend to your affairs such as crafting new weapons.​
Side Tilt - Sword

Steve pulls out his sword and slashes the fighter in front of him up to twice. The sword requires two resources to upgrade. The sword, being the prime tool to use against hostile mobs in MineCraft, deals the most damage from the tools, therefore the Diamond Sword is the single most aggressive tool Steve can craft to use against fighters. This move is unique for potentially being a 2-hit combo; when the tilt aims diagonally up or down Steve can also deal a Critical Hit when the tilt moves down or up respectively, by moving the control stick during the attack. The attack also produces different knockback effects when doing this combo; when the tilt first strikes down and moves up, the Critical Hit produces vertical knockback, when the tile first strikes up and moves down, the Critical Hit produces horizontal knockback. If the attack is, or is close to, straight in front of Steve the attack deals the same damage as a first strike, but cannot combo.

Wooden Sword: 5% damage first hit, 5% damage Critical Hit, 0.50 second attack time.
Stone Sword: 6% damage first hit, 5% damage Critical Hit, 0.45 second attack time.
Iron Sword: 7% damage first hit, 6% damage Critical Hit, 0.40 second attack time.
Gold Sword: 5% damage first hit, 6% damage Critical Hit, 0.35 second attack time.
Diamond Sword: 8% damage first hit, 6% damage Critical Hit, 0.30 second attack time.

Up Tilt - Splash Harming

Steve pulls out a Harming Potion to throw directly up at the fighter about him. If Steve misses, the splash potion continues up and falls back down, Steve can then catch the potion and use it like any other projectile item. Anyone who is hit by the Splash Harming potion suffers 6% damage. The Splash Harming potion has the dual ability to be either a quick projectile above to hit the fighter for extra damage, or can by used as a projectile to use strategically to throw to whoever you like within Steve's throw range, with is nothing special, similar to most other characters of his size.​
Down Tilt - Axe Spin

Steve pulls out his Axe and crouches down as his spins around and strikes the legs of any adjacent fighters around him. The attack requires three resources to upgrade. The Axe attack is for the most part invented by me. Because Steve crouches down to perform the attack, any moves that generally target Steve's head or torso miss and do not damage or in any other way affect him. The Axe Spin does generate vertical knockback, making an ideal combo starter to anyone you don't like a great deal.​
Wooden Axe: 4% damage, 0.50 second attack time.​
Stone Axe: 5% damage, 0.45 second attack time.​
Iron Axe: 6% damage, 0.40 second attack time.​
Gold Axe: 4% damage, 0.35 second attack time.​
Diamond Axe: 7% damage, 0.30 second attack time.​
Smash Attacks
Side Smash - Bow and Arrow

Steve takes out his Bow, loads an Arrow and charges the shot to fire at the fighters in front of him. The attack can be charged to deal the most damage possible. The Arrow can both deal more damage and travel further the longer it is charged; 1-9% damage. Another staple to Steve's arsenal in dealing with Creepers, the Bow and Arrow also has a Critical Hit rule; while the damage of a fully charged arrow deals 9%, if the fully charged shot hits the torso of a fighter it deals 10% damage and a knockback effect equal to 15%, making a charged shot even more useful in close-quarter combat.​
Up Smash - Hoe Swipe

Steve pulls out his Hoe and quickly hooks around the fighter above him and pulling them to the ground, creating a Meteor Strike effect. The How requires two resources to upgrade. Generally the Hoe does not actually serve an aggressive purpose in MineCraft, used to till Grass and Dirt blocks to grow foodstuffs; this is most evident in the fact that, while other tools like the Axe and Pickaxe do improve the Attack Strength of Steve, the Hoe - even a Diamond Hoe - does not. Therefore the move for using the Hoe required a second, more primary application, hence its ability to drag fighters to the floor and generating damage based on the force used to do so. The Hoe is made more unique by the fact that unlike the other upgradable tools, the upgrade to Gold does not reduce its attack strength, instead it reduces its rate of increase.​
Wooden Hoe: 5% damage, 0.50 second attack time.​
Stone Hoe: 7% damage, 0.45 second attack time.​
Iron Hoe: 10% damage, 0.40 second attack time.​
Gold Hoe: 11% damage, 0.35 second attack time.​
Diamond Hoe: 15% damage, 0.30 second attack time.​
Down Smash - Shovel

Steve pulls out his Shovel and quickly smacks the fighters around him twice; once in the legs and again in the face. Each hit deals the same damage and no knockback, but when the above hit lands on the face it instantly stuns the fighter for up to 1.5 seconds. This is another entirely unique move by me, Sakurai beat me to burying fighters into the ground. So instead of immobilizing the enemy that way, I went with an entirely different direction. Aside from the stun effect from the second blow the attack is rather ordinary and does not launch the fighters in any direction; the attack is designed to stop fighters from moving long enough to retaliate and lay down your own fire.​
Wooden Shovel: 2% damage each hit each side, 0.50 second attack time.​
Stone Shovel: 3% damage each hit each side, 0.45 second attack time.​
Iron Shovel: 4% damage each hit each side, 0.40 second attack time.​
Gold Shovel: 2% damage each hit each side, 0.35 second attack time.​
Diamond Shovel: 5% damage each hit each side, 0.30 second attack time.​
Grab Attacks
Grab
Nothing special here, Steve grabs the fighter in front of him to deal any of the following attacks;​
Pummel - Use
Steve carries the fighter in his right hand and begins striking them into the ground like an item. Every hit deals just 1% damage - 'using' the fighter every second - and can combo up to 8 hits before letting go of them.​
Forward Throw - Drop
After he's done using the fighter Steve drops them, throwing them forward and dealing 8% in the process. The Drop doesn't yield any knockback but does create brief stun effect for only 0.5 seconds.​
Backward Throw - Back Throw
Or if he likes, instead of simply dropping the fighter Steve decides to actually throw the character behind him. The Back Throw is a faster and further Drop this yields 12% damage and a decent amount of vertical knockback when the victim lands. This move was also invented by me.​
Up Throw - Rocket Launch

Steve quickly binds the fighter to a Firework Rocket he happens to have and sets the Rocket alight. The Rocket shots to above the stage, near the top of the screen and bursts, dealing horizontal knockback. The damage is determined by the rocket used. Another uniqueness for Steve is his Up Throw attaches a random Firework Rocket to the fighter and deals damage depending entirely on the rocket used.​
Small Firework: 10%, 30% chance​
Large Firework: 15%, 25% chance​
Star Firework: 19% + 1 - 6% fire damage, 20% chance​
Burst Firework: 19% + 1 - 11% electric damage, 15% chance​
Creeper Firework: 24% + 1 - 11% explosion damage and 50% extra knockback, 10% chance​
Down Throw - TNT Toss

Steve places a TNT block and quickly jumps up with the fighter directly above it. Steve throws the fighter down into the TNT block, causing it to explode and dealing a massive 25% damage and vertical knockback. Since the TNT block is left unattended during the throw, it is possible to for any other fighter who unfortunately strikes the block to detonate it themselves, dealing the 25% damage to them and instead causing horizontal knockback. If that happens the resulting throw from Steve still yields 10% damage but no knockback at all. The TNT Toss is a great deadly blow attack against fighters ripe for a KO.​
Aerial Acrobatics
In the air Steve delves into his enchanted weapons to deal the same amount of greater damage. Just a note, none of these weapons can upgrade like the other tools affected by the Craft move, each attack here has just one yield that cannot vary unless by other means.​
Neutral Aerial - Fire Aspect Sword
Steve produces a Sword enchanted with Fire Aspect. As Steve begins to use the Sword it bursts into flames and causes fire damage to any fighters in front of him. The Sword itself yields 10% damage and the fire causes 1% extra damage every half a second for up to five seconds. Unlike the normal Sword move, this attack generates a shorter fire attack similar to the Flint and Steel at the cost of losing the ability to charge the attack to deal a Critical Hit.​
Forward Aerial - Punch Bow
Steve pulls out his Bow enchanted with Punch. Steve fires a normal Arrow with the Punch Bow and can deal 10% damage, with the arrow also dealing a double knockback effect, ie knockback equal to 20% damage. Unlike the normal Bow and Arrow, the Punch Bow deals a double knockback effect as well as firing faster and continuously in a straight line until it lands or leaves the screen at the cost also losing its ability to charge and losing the Critical Hit bonus. Despite this the double knockback effect makes for an ideal defensive attack in the air.​
Back Aerial - Fortune Pickaxe
Steve produces a Pickaxe enchanted with Fortune. Steve quickly strikes the fighter behind him with the Pickaxe and gains one free resource into his inventory. The Fortune Pickaxe deals 12% damage. Unlike the normal Pickaxe the Fortune Pickaxe deals the most damage from any other Pickaxe attack at the cost of charging the attack and the chance to gain more. The Fortune Pickaxe is really only useful to quickly extract a free block, to discourage spamming the attack for the resources the attack also has a good deal of lag - one entire second after the start of the attack - before Steve can move again.​
Up Aerial - Sharpness Axe
Steve takes out his Axe enchanted with Sharpness. He quickly cuts above him to strike the fighter and deals 14% damage. Unlike the normal Axe the Sharpness Axe deals twice the attack of a Diamond Axe at the cost of defending himself from the rest of the fighters like the Axe Spin move does. The Sharpness Axe is good to increase the damage of the opposition and bring you closer to KO chances.​
Down Aerial - Meteor Shovel
Steve takes out his Shovel enchanted with Meteor Strike. Steve points it down and quickly falls onto the stage floor, burying any unsuspecting fighters into the ground. The attack yields a whopping 25% damage and buries the fighter into the ground for up to five seconds, with a minimum time of 2.5 seconds. This attack is again made by me, there is no Meteor Strike enchantment in MineCraft. If the Villager can bury characters into the ground, then I say so should Steve! In a much, much more awesome way too. The Meteor Shovel is a great way to rack up knockback when a fighter is stuck in the ground for an extended period of time.​
Other Attacks
Two other attacks not yet covered are the Floor Attack and the Ledge Attack.​
Floor Attack - Spin Kick
When Steve is lying on the ground he can spread his legs and quickly spin around, kicking fighters around him and propelling himself up standing. The attack yields just 3% damage each side of Steve. The move is also invented by me.​
Ledge Attack - Egg/Snowball Toss
When hanging on a ledge, Steve pulls himself up and when he's above the stage, he promptly pulls out an Egg and throws it. The attack changes to a Snowball when Steve has 100% damage or more. The Egg Toss deals 2% damage and a triple knockback effect, ie knockback equal to 6%. The Snowball Toss deals 2% damage on contact and an extra 1 - 3% ice damage, as well as the triple knockback effect. The aim of the attack is to deal little damage but push the fighter back to give Steve space to return to the fray.

the Final Smash - The End

There's no better sight than to see the end of a game, except to see the end of a game when the other three fighters are minced by a big black block dragon. When Steve possesses the Smash Ball and activates it, Steve quickly places Enderpearls around an End Portal and activates it, sending himself, the fighters, the entire stage, into the End dimension. When the stage travels through the End Portal the MineCraft loader briefly appears as it loads the terrain, obscuring everyone's view for a few seconds before revealing the End dimension, a dark world with a sort of florescent ground, full of Endermen. Steve transforms into Herobrine and prepares to battle the massive beast inside, the Enderdragon. The Enderdragon appears from the background and swoops over the stage, attacking the other fighters as it does so, dealing a massive 50% damage and hefty vertical knockback. Herobrine attempts to destroy the Enderdragon with arrows, enderpearls, beds and snowballs in the background. After four shots from Herobrine, the Enderdragon is killed and a portal opens up to send the fighters and the stage back to where it came from. Herobrine transforms back into Steve and control of Steve is returned to the player.​
The Enderdragon will only attack three times, generally fixing on one fighter at a time to swoop down, deal the damage and send the fighter sky high; due to the size of the beast however it is not impossible for all three fighters to be caught in the same hitbox for the Enderdragon to attack. In order to survive the Enderdragon, it's actually rather simple; stay away from everyone else, the further away you are from the other fighters, the less likely you'll get attacked more than once. The only way to survive the Enderdragon completely is to be lucky enough to get an Invisibility Star during the attack, doing so kills the Enderdragon itself and cancels the rest of the Final Smash. The chance of an instant KO is moderate; the fact that the Enderdragon deals 50% damage in one attack tends it indoctrinate fighters with a ripe damage counter to fly of the screen when attacked by it, fighters with a low damage counter may or may not be instantly KOed by the Enderdragon, depending entirely on where they are in respect to the edges of the stage, fighters with less than 35% damage are unlikely to be KOed by the Enderdragon's attack unless they are close to the top edge of the screen.​
Steve's Playstyle - Special Specialist
Steve's Special Ability and Special moves are what unlock his powers to deal greater damage quickly. His playstyle therefore is to quickly mine the fighters to upgrade his weaponry, he will almost always charge his Side Special in order to score more resources to further hasten his crafting. When Steve isn't mining or crafting though he will defend his position instead of attacking the other fighters for theirs, most of his attacks can push the fighters further back in order to give him breathing space in a fight, in a few cases he can naturally stun fighters as well to give him an aggressive stance and deal free damage.​
The combination of upgrading weapons with defensive attacks creates a sort of faux turtle fighter; Steve would first attempt to mine the combatants to gain the resources needed to upgrade his arsenal, when he is satisfied with his inventory he turns to either immobilizing or pushing the fighters far away to give him the space he needs to craft his weapons, when he does Steve is ready to return to the aggressive stance to gain more and better resources to craft even better weapons. Ultimately Steve is a crafter by nature and will ensure his armaments are the best they can be to deal the most damage they can.​
Survival Inventory - Extras
Extra Moves
Entrance - Steve enters the stage from a Nether Portal.
Taunt - Steve looks back at the screen, he blinks and reveal himself as Herobrine with his brightened eyes before blinking again as Steve.
Side Taunt - Steve quickly pulls out and wears a random stylized hat from the other characters before removing it.
Down Taunt - Steve looks back at the screen and bows with his on his head, removing his head and revealing it as a Steve Head before returning it to his top.
Idle - Steve stares back at the screen.
Win Pose - Steve stares back at the screen and points his Sword at it.
Lose Pose - Steve stares at the winner and points his Sword at them.​
New Stage - Nether Fortress
The stage is similar to the Melee stage Rainbow Cruise where the stage begins by side-scrolling across the ground of the Nether for a few moments, the ground is a little bumpy and, like in MineCraft, players need to jump over the topology of the Nether. In the background are trickling rivers of lava pouring out onto the ground in the back and Zombie Pigmen moving around randomly. During this period a Ghast may randomly appear, spitting out fireballs onto the field. The Ghast's fireballs are very powerful when fighters are right next to it - 17% explosive damage, but the further the fireball travels the less damage it does, the damage reduces at a rate of 10% damage per second. The fireballs also produce horizontal knockback when it hits a fighter. Similarly to MineCraft these fireballs can be reflected by projectile attacks or other reflective moves - or for Super Smash Brothers, using your shield. If the reflected fireball returns to the Ghast it is killed instantly, triggering the current Zombie Pigmen in the background to turn hostile and quickly run up to the fighter who killed the Ghast and attack, usually between one and three. The Zombie Pigmen deal 5% damage with every strike and can be killed after just 20% damage is dealt to one.​

After between 10 and 20 seconds a Nether Brick bridge appears and the map continues over the bridge as the fighters slowly make their way into a Nether Fortress. The background changes to a large lava lake from the very bottom of the Nether with Nether Brick pillars supporting the bridge. After a total of 30 seconds the fighters begin to enter the internal structure of the Nether Fortress. The players fight in a narrow corridor for 10 seconds, leading into a Lava Well room; this room just an open space with a raised section of ground in the middle and a gap filled with lava. This room is always the first room in the Nether Fortress stage and lasts for 30 seconds and after this room is another 5 seconds of fighting in a narrow corridor, but from then onward the rooms are randomized and separated by 5 second corridors. The following is a list of rooms within the Nether Fortress that have an equal chance of occuring;​
  • Another Lava Well room. Any following Lava Well rooms will be exactly the same as the first, but the screen may sometimes be obscured randomly by lava flows trickling in front of the screen.
  • Nether Brick Staircase. A room with a Soul Sand base opens up, players fight on the base for 10 seconds. Being Soul Sand, all fighters move across the ground at half their normal Ground Speed, encouraging close quarter combat. After the time passes a Nether Brick Staircase starts to rise from the ground and the fighters battle up the case for another 10 seconds, scaling up until their eventually reach the narrow corridor.
  • Blaze Spawner room. The fighters climb up a small set of Nether Brick Stairs for just 5 seconds before entering a Blaze Spawner room. The room is normally outside the Nether Fortress; fighters don't just fight against each other but upon entering the room they also need to stave off one Blaze in the room that, when killed, will respawn after 3 seconds. The Blaze will attack the closest fighter to the Monster Spawner in the background and, like in Minecraft, will attack by both firing fireballs and through "melee" attack, if you want to call it that. The Blaze can fire three fireballs in quick succession dealing 5% damage each and when in contact with a fighter will deal 6% fire damage and, just like the Zombie Pigmen, the Blaze is killed after being dealt 20% damage from all fighters. The fighters must fight in the Blaze Spawner room for 15 seconds before entering the corridor.
  • Extended Corridor. The narrow corridor may lead to......another corridor! If after 5 seconds the narrow corridor does not open into another room, the corridor itself becomes the next room to fight in. The fighters first travel the interim 5 second corridor between rooms, then the corridor room continues for another 10 seconds, before the following interim 5 second corridor leading to the next room; that's 20 seconds in a narrow stretch of ground and ceiling as high as Ganondorf with only the sides to KO fighters. If the fighters do enter an Extended Corridor, the next room has no chance of being another Extended Corridor.
  • Broken Bridge. The fighters exit the Nether Fortress onto another Nether Brick bridge for 15 seconds, fighting across the length of the bridge again, until at the end the bridge is broken off. When the first fighter falls off the edge of the bridge the rest of the fighters need to follow as the camera begins to follow the falling fighter for only 5 seconds before everyone lands back onto the ground and the cycle starts again.
Foods
Baked Potato - Restores 6% damage.
Bread - Restores 5% damage.​
Cake - Restores 12% damage.
Cooked Porkchop - Restores 8% damage.
Cookie - Restores 2% damage.
Enchanted Golden Apple - Restores 4% damage and provides Fire Resistance and Regeneration for five seconds.​
Consumable Items
Generally these are potions......yea...........​
Fire Resistance Potion - Exclusive to certain stages. (Stages with stage hazards that yield fire damage, such as fireballs or lava) Grants immunity to all forms of fire damage (from all attacks, projectiles, items and stage hazards) for 3 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion becomes Level 2, lasting 8 seconds.
Healing Potion - Recovers 10% damage. There's a 20% chance the potion becomes Level 2, recovering 20% damage.
Invisibility Potion - Turns the player invisible for 3 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion becomes Level 2, lasting 8 seconds.
Regeneration Potion - Recovers damage at a rate of 10% per second for 4.5 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion extends to 12 seconds.
Strength Potion - Increases all Melee attacks by 3% for 3 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion extends to 8 seconds.
Swiftness Potion Extended - Increases the Ground and Air Speed by 1.5 tiers for 8 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion becomes a Swiftness Potion Level 2, increases the Ground and Air Speed by 2.5 tiers for 3 seconds.​
Projectile Weapons
More potions..........​
Splash Harming (increased the size to make the text easier to see) - The potion immediately deals 6% damage. There's a 20% chance the potion becomes Level 2, dealing 12% damage.
Splash Poison - The potion deals damage at a rate of 10% damage per second for 4.5 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion extends to 12 seconds.
Splash Slowness - The potion decreases the Ground and Air Speed of the victim by 1.5 tires for 1.5 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion extends to 4 seconds.
Splash Weakness - The potion halves all Melee attacks for 1.5 seconds. There's a 20% chance the potion extends to 4 seconds.​
TNT Block - When thrown and hits a fighter it immediately explodes, dealing 25% damage and horizontal knockback. The block will explode immediately when it hits anything, even the ground when missing all other players.​
New Item - Monster Spawner
This item is exactly the same as an Assist Trophy, when a fighter picks up a Monster Spawner and throws it, when the spawner lands on the ground monsters spawn near the spawner and attack all the other attackers, equal to the number of other fighters on the field. After a second the monsters immediately attack the other fighters until they are killed. The following is a list of MineCraft monsters that can be spawned from the Monster Spawner;​
  • Blaze. The Blaze will only spawn in fire themed stages, and has only a 10% chance of spawning. Blazes can fire three fireballs in quick succession dealing 5% damage each and when in contact with a fighter will deal 6% fire damage and will be killed after being dealt 20% damage.
  • Cave Spider. The Cave Spider will only spawn in cave themed stages and has a 10% chance of spawning. Cave Spiders poison fighters, initially dealing 2% damage, then dealing a effect similar to a Posion Potion for 1 second. Cave Spiders are killed when they are dealt just 12% damage.
  • Silverfish. Silverfish have a 20% chance of spawning. Silverfish deal just 1% damage and can be killed with just 8% damage, however the Silverfish's primary function is to push the other fighters very quickly and often towards the edge of the stage; their Ground Speed is tier 9.5. In cases where the ground extends beyond the edge of the screen, for example the Brawl stage Bridge of Eldin, the Silverfish will continue to push the fighter past the screen and cause hoop damage in the process.
  • Skeleton. Skeletons have a 30% chance of spawning. Skeletons can fire arrows at fighters from afar and can attack with a sword when caught in close quarter combat. The shots from a Skeleton's arrows deal 3 - 4% damage each and their aim rarely misses. Skeletons are much better from a distance than defending themselves, they only deal 2% damage from the sword and can take just 20% damage before being killed.
  • Spider. Spiders have a 10% chance of spawning and in certain themed stages are replaced with other monsters. Spiders deal just 2% damage per attack but they attack quickly and can rack up a good deal of damage in a short space of time. Spiders are killed when they are dealt 16% damage.
  • Zombie. Zombies have a 40% chance of spawning. Zombies begin with a meager attack strength of 3% damage every attack, but as it gets hurt more and more, just like in MineCraft and similar to Lucario, its attack strength increases; every 5% damage it is dealt the Zombie's attack strength increases by 1%. When the Zombie is close to death its attack will have doubled to 6%. Zombies are killed when they are dealt 20% damage.
---​
That's my moveset, you can call the admins now.​

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Steve

A few things about... Steve. I've been hating Minecraft Land for a while, but here we go. First, chargeable tilts aren't exactly good these days. Charging up should be used for Smash and Special attacks. Next, the Side Special needs a nerf BADLY. I mean, simple. Full charge, go camp and craft, rinse and repeat. Not what someone wants to see. Also, if another Steve is in a match, can he break blocks Steve 1 places? It's a good set, but it can be better. 8/10.

n88

Smash Lord
Welcome to MYM, Chris! Just so you know, you have nothing to fear on character choice. We're not doing anything official here, and we honestly don't care about whether your character is a viable candidate for inclusion in SSB4 at all. We've seen movesets for everything from Masahiro Sakurai himself to MLP characters to a chocolate bar. In fact, you can find some pretty ridiculous characters just up the page a little ways. Nor do we really care about whether a character's been done before; I can think of at least four Spider-Man movesets and three Bowser Jrs that have popped up in the time I've been hanging around here. Really, the sky's the limit.

I'm a bit busy with homework at the moment, but I'll try to get to commenting Steve (and some Junday sets) in a little while.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Reading Son Pikong has given cuteness overload. THANKS TWILT <3

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
@n88_2004: I know all that, figured I'd add a little humor to the mix, especially for a character like Steve.

@StaffofSmashing: Okay, I'll keep all of this in mind as I mend the moveset some more. For the most part this was to test out the effects more than trivial things like damage and attack times. And being the first it's bound to be not great, so I'll take it on board.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
Son Pikong

Combining Pikachu and Kid Goku? You're awesome! Anyway, it's rather simple, but also pretty enging to read thanks to the presentation; also it's core concept is quite simple while being very fun. Basically, it's based on using the Kaio-Ken and the Side-B cleverly to efficiently destroy your opponent with a Kamehameha, a Volt Tackle or a Side Smash; that's not counting Son Pikong's pretty cool mobility options and his great combo capability. Also on that note, being able to charge the Kamekameha on the Nimbus is pretty cool... Omnidirectional death, yay! Overall a pretty cool set, TWILT!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Dustman
I admittedly don't have too much to say about this set, but overall, I quite liked the set. It was a little simple, but that's something that I never mind. He seems like a pretty fun character to play as. Try and get as much debris as possible on the stage, and suck them all up for use later for some potential crazy damage. I really like the interactions on how Dustman uses and sucks up debris. The grab was also pretty cool; sucking/slamming opponents right into his dustshoot and his general grab game is some pretty fun stuff. Overall, I can imagine myself having a blast trying to experiment with debris and various ways to use them. He does seem a bit underpowered though; what's he going to do against crazy rushdown characters that won't give him a chance to establish himself (I guess he could suck them in via his Dspecial if they get too close).
Overall though, it was a pretty enjoyable read. The organization was nice and fitting (though SPECIALS LAST?! :@) Yeah, nice job Jun! Glad I read it. Okay, maybe I said more than I intended.

Nidorino
Y'know, I always preferred Nidorino to the king.
ANYWAY, Nidorino was another set I quite enjoyed. You told me in the chat once that Nidorino had nil potential to work with (he just tackles...and stabs things with his horn), but I think you did a really good job with him. The various ways to poison opponents definitely makes him a threat. Making him scary to even approach the guy, and how he can slowly walk towards them with his side special makes him a far more interesting set than I thought could be possible for Nidorino (though I can see sword/weapon based characters with good reach giving him some trouble), and he seems pretty simple enough to pick up and have a lot of fun to play with. It's also really fitting to the character (and as a side note, I like how faithful moves are like Double Edge).
I don't have much to complain about, I'm still a little iffy on the down special. A counter that hits on any attack near him that misses is really good, though I guess stuff being to grab him during it balances it out. Overall, Nidorino was a really nice set, and seems like my type of character to play as.
Khold's Harem
Alright, first off to start the glorious Harem movement is Kholdstare, and you have an interesting sort of characters to say the least. You know your waifus way more than I do, but this seems a fun set to play as. Hermione's probably my favorite from the group, for the wide assortment of spells and the back aerial is fun stuff. I really like the characterization in this set, especially Rin. You said that you had a tough time characterizing her properly, but I think you did a really good job here (unlike a certain other Rin set...) The organization is also really well done, showing a lot of "class." If I had stuff to complain/nitpick about, I wouldn't mind some more details here and there, and Flannery...well, I don't really like that it has XX% chance of summoning this random fire Pokemon (and finish Torkoal already!) Personally, I'd make it so Flannery can choose between Pokemon like how Hermione can choose spells, and maybe make the stronger versions of the Pokemon selectable, but there's like an extra second of startup or something. I don't know, but I'm just nitpicking at this point. The point of the movement was to have fun, and I'm glad you made the set.
Overall, it was a nice read man! Oh, and your presentation is awesome.
Junahu's Harem
Man, this is probably the most fun I've had reading a set in a long while. I'm probably super biased when I say this, but this set really was great, Jun. You did a fantastic job characterizing each character in the set. Stuff like Mia Fey never really being gone after being KOed (also her up tilt lol) or Marshal having a pleasant chat for her his grab (which I actually borrowed a little bit for Hanako's side special) really shows me how much you really like the characters. The set itself of course is tons of fun. There's tons of options to play with and explore with, with tons of combo potential and I really like that you have options even if the rest of the group is KOed with Milla (I need to pick up Tales of Xillia now...) Lyn is probably my favorite from the group if only for her crazy quick slashes and my Fire Emblem bias.
Overall, it was a great read and set, and I'm really glad you made it (and helped make this movement happen in the first place!) I've yet to read your Castlevania sets and I only just skimmed Kusumi, but yeah, this is probably my favorite Jun day set.

Tirk's Husabandos
Damnit tirk, I'm almost tempted to create my own husbandos set now, haha. Anyway, I've already told you this like a hundred times, but I really love your writing style man. It makes your sets in general a blast to read. Your husabandos was no exception (even if you really rushed it lol). I was laughing all the way throughout the whole set (I was dying once I reached the Smashes). This wasn't meant to be taken as a "serious" set (what with moves like the neutral special and forward aerial), but for what it's worth, I'm really glad you made the set. I know some people will miss the point and tear it apart amass, but I really enjoyed reading it, though I'd appreciate it if you had included more details about the moves. Toro was probably the star of the set for me, what with his wacky throws and what not. Enjoy your Skullgirls PC. =P
This set is going to be really tough to write matchups for. >:

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Is it A Little Dusty In Here?

Dust Man is a bit hard to comment, because it feels like a very "there" set: It exists, it isn't really bad or anything, but it also doesn't feel particularly good or enjoyable to read or anything. Dust Man's junk isn't really bad, but there isn't much to play off it, and I don't mean interactions: it feels like the moveset doesn't pull in any direction, like Brawl movesets do, and it doesn't really do anything else to make up for that, which gives it the feel of something that is there. It's kind of like commenting on a sea cucumber: It exists, it is what it is, but there just isn't much to say except that it is a sea cucumber.

(Also, for this specific set, the DAir charging seems odd)

1 Hydrogeddon + 2 Oxygeddon

The lack of Water Dragon being able to jump and in general how jumping is handled in the set feels poor, especially since the image makes it feel like "oh hey it's a jumping dragon!". Perhaps more importantly, it is a really poor carrot/stick thing: Your reward for getting in the air feels really weak, while using it as a downside and just making the air game really bad feels hollow and not particularly in tune with what I understand of the character (For all I know, Water Dragon is chained to the ground in-game...but you can't assume your reader knows this, especially if your bit on it does not mention it). So as a plus, it feels weak, as a minus, it feels more annoying than anything, and it adds little to the character.

The moveset does bring some nice bonuses with the body and uses it satisfactorily. While the grab has a point, it still feels kinda annoying to not give any throws. I'm starting to feel moves like this are more appropriate on a command grab than the character's actual grab. Outside of that, Water Dragon has decent concepts with messing with it's movement and a good modicum of flow, though it feels a bit like an inferior Gyarados in concept...but ultimately an enjoyable read, which is good. I just wish there were not so many things that I don't like!

Boner Golem

Yet another set with a freaky jump mechanic that I don't particularly enjoy! Well, not entirely true: I don't hate the mechanic itself, but the fact it is on a jump. That is a horribly awkward place to play with it and really hurts the set. How do you deal with a simple game on Battlefield with this? And it'll annoy the player, worst of all: Players who want to just play as the base Bone Golem or don't want to be very aerial will hate turning forms every time, for example. This is the kind of thing that you don't want on your jump, you want on a move or something. Putting it on the jump is just a way to make some players of it hate the fact they can't move around most stages without seperating...

Also, it makes playing Bone Golem, or at least combined Bone Golem, impossible on some stages, because only one half of it can jump. How is this thing meant to work on stages like Rainbow Ride or even something simple like Brinstar? You could never escape the acid, for example. This whole thing working while it jumps just makes it hideously unviable, while lacking much of a purpose IMO.

Aside from that, the stuff with the bones and all, especially the skull, is fairly nice, but the throws are merely okay and the aerials feel lackluster, especially bringing the mechanic to a bit of a down note. I do quite like the Side Special and Up Special, and it feels like a much improved Dry Bones. Certainly worth a read.

Karsmilla

Carmilla's mechanic is quite simple and yet effective, essentially taking a spin on Ice Climbers-style tag team by mixing up their location and giving your "Nana" different attacks. As a big fan who thinks IC-style sets still have good potential, even with things like Hugo existing, and this set does some nice stuff with it. The blood is a simple but effective mechanic that is truly vampiric, while many of Carmilla and Laura's interactions feel simple and natural, giving it good flow and preventing players from being overwhelmed. At the same time, there are certainly sections where a bit more is left to be desired: For example, the only thing I enjoyed about the grab game was the pummel, as it has the bizarre choice to not let Carmilla throw and the throws feel like they subjugate gameplay too much to animations. I think that the set could have more smoothly integrated itself in there.

I also feel like some moves could have a more complete feel or have a spot in the moveset: For example, I'd have been interested to hear what ways the dragging drill kick DAir could be used...though I could not think of any in specific, it feels like there should be, and while I like having things to figure out for readers, this feels a bit like something that'd be nice to flesh out due to first impressions anyway. There's also number crunching to be done (BAir can stun you both for longer than Ganondorf's Warlock Punch takes to start up) and the latter aerials feel a bit like they don't have a place in the moveset.

But it's a rock solid set with bits like blood and the ability to mess with Carmilla's positioning that make it sound fun but easy to play with a good variety of possibility.

I'll comment you...AND JUNADAY!

I love these specials! They all seem to have some nice and quite well handled uses, with the buffing from the crosserang being particularly noteworthy, and I greatly enjoyed the use of the axe, a very simple yet very effective zoning tool that turns into an interesting projectile/trap combo when you're buffed. One bad thing to note, however, is that the holy water should really cause less uncontrolled flinching on contact: Nobosy wants to be unable to control their character for 1.4 seconds (About as long as Warlock Punch takes to start-up and then probably execute, as it takes 1.1 seconds to start-up) during the hits. Aside from that, they are c'est magnifique.

The dodge arts are all very good, as they provide him abilities to dodge without invulnearability and are extremely intuitive, most players will understand them after a single match or two, but offer a lot of hidden depth for a player who takes time to find more intimate knowledge of the game, the uses of the spot dodge and forward roll versions are particularly impressive and the fact they can be used in the air offers him great air game options. Quite honestly, it probably gives Richter a more interesting air game than Bone Golem. And since they still have properties you can dodge with and Richter still has his normal shieldgrab, he isn't murdered defensively, so it is very viable.

The standards all make good use of sweetspots and help emphasize Richter's game: He is very much about spacing foes into specific areas and crushing defenses while his own defenses are always a bit aggressive. They don't do anything fancy, but they set up the core of his game excellently and have nice depth to them. Little things like the D-Tilt's choice of what to do are fun.

The key attack is another move I have to be critical of, though: The fact it makes him invicible seems odd, although I have NO idea what use keys are in Castlevania...I presume they open doors. The super powerful secret hitbox and the invincibility make it all feel like it comes out of nowhere and a bit disconnected: It would have felt better if, say, it was the cross he pulled out, an item well known for it's protective ability. On the other hand, Richter's D-Smash is a good example of how to make a move elegant and simple in concept and execution make a playstyle richer and deeper.

The aerials are probably the flattest part of the set, though I like the NAir's shorthop abilities and a good deal of the BAir and UAir, but they seem to lack a little bit of the oomph the rest of the moveset carries, even if they are never poor. But the throws return to being nice, as the pummel is a simple yet effective not-quite mechanic, while all the throws add to his game while never being obstructive: I especially enjoy their use as alternative KO options for people who have trouble sweetspotting, the gimping use of BThrow and the additional multiplayer functionality of FThrow.

Vs. Gengar!

Nidorino definitely feels like he falls in line with Toxicroak and Croagunk, even if he is not part of their line...and that isn't really a bad thing. Nidorino has it's own identity to them, a sort of mix between aggro and a staunch feeling of defending one's territory, which fits well with how Nidorino is.

While Nidorino's poison deals damage, it also provides a nice and minor debuff, which is good...but I will say that with the amount of ways Nidorino can poison the foe, and the time, it feels like it might be too easy to keep the foe too poisoned, especially with the easy of badly poisoning the foe. It feels like it wants to add another element to it to...not so much spice it up some, as much as give it a bit sharper focus by adding some contrast. I do quite like things like Horn Drill and the Side Special, but then there is some stuff that feels a bit meh...and the grab doing so much poison so easily is a bit of a downer. I also feel like there is a few hiccups around, like the NAir, that might not have the gameplay be up to the creative.

But at the same time, the poisoning itself is fine, just there is too much, and it gives a staunch view of Nidorino with a good playstyle, though I feel there is definite room for improvement in that regard, so it plays nicely...it might have been a bit hard given the Pokemon, as well, but hey, there was Rattata! An enjoyable end to the early Junaday set rush.

I Won't Face Myself and Search For Nothing

The harem sets were skipped for now for 3 reasons: 1. They look long with fancy text, 2. I was REALLY EXCITED for Kusumi and actually read her before a good deal of the previous sets and 3. They were long.

Kusumi-no-Okami is a fascinating set that opens up an avenue I hope to see explored more, especially as SSB4 gets closer and closer: Utilizing the Wii U Gamepad! Played exclusively with it, the moveset has a bit of a freaky mechanic until you realize it basically means you set the match to Stock, Time or Kusumi. Kusumi respawns endlessly and cannot be perma-killed, but she loses if she doesn't win after X amount of time no matter what, making her a bit of a stallwar maker.

The moveset itself takes interesting advantage of both the Wii U Gamepad and this mode: For example, Kusumi's ZL move makes her totally invincible in every way! ...Except she can't attack, so staying inside it all day means it will just end up with you losing. The obvious route of simply tapping an area and making an attack appear a while later is used, while attacks like Shell of Denial all do the things you'd expect, like let you draw with the pad to create something. It's quite sleek and elegant, and the set is extremely well characterized: the theme of the boss, of ultimate denial, is strong in this one and the feel is great. I particularly enjoy the little things in this set, with even just the slashes and the like.

But on the downside, there is a lot to dislike, I feel: The instant KO feels very powerful and too easy to accomplish, and I really dislike the "control" move, because it is extremely Kunino-Sagiri, not Kusumi-no-Okami, plus it seems a bit easy to take a good deal of control. While incredibly minor, I vaguely dislike only using one of the -Dynes. Shield of Denial also seems...iffy, especially if there is no way to make sure someone doesn't select Kusumi, as I can then imagine someone entering matches (especially online) and just ******* with everyone. I do like the Gyroscope use, though, and the set overall. Junaday's Junahu sets are a great success!

I will be commenting the Harems, along with Rosa and Son Pikong, later: Since this was the meat of Junahu sets and it was Junaday, I felt a big Junahu comment block was appropriate. Probably not tomorrow, though! Sunday is football!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Thank you for the feedback, FrozenRoy. I'm very happy you took the time to read my Junahu Day movesets.

Dustman
Dust Man is a bit hard to comment, because it feels like a very "there" set: It exists, it isn't really bad or anything, but it also doesn't feel particularly good or enjoyable to read or anything. Dust Man's junk isn't really bad, but there isn't much to play off it, and I don't mean interactions: it feels like the moveset doesn't pull in any direction, like Brawl movesets do, and it doesn't really do anything else to make up for that, which gives it the feel of something that is there. It's kind of like commenting on a sea cucumber: It exists, it is what it is, but there just isn't much to say except that it is a sea cucumber.
Sea cucumber!? What kind of analogy is that!?
A Sea Cucumber is absolutely rife with awesome potential! It can liquefy its body to fit through tiny cracks. It can spray out its own internal organs (out of its anus, which is also used to breathe) as a means of self defense. They communicate using hormones. Many of them walk using their mouths. It can become biologically dormant in order to survive in hot conditions. There are a number of species of aquatic life that will use Sea Cucumbers as shelter to live in.
It does all this, and it has no brain whatsoever.

A Sea Cucumber is a lot like commenting on Dustman really...

Water Dragon
The lack of Water Dragon being able to jump and in general how jumping is handled in the set feels poor, especially since the image makes it feel like "oh hey it's a jumping dragon!". Perhaps more importantly, it is a really poor carrot/stick thing: Your reward for getting in the air feels really weak, while using it as a downside and just making the air game really bad feels hollow and not particularly in tune with what I understand of the character (For all I know, Water Dragon is chained to the ground in-game...but you can't assume your reader knows this, especially if your bit on it does not mention it). So as a plus, it feels weak, as a minus, it feels more annoying than anything, and it adds little to the character.
You know what the reader could have done? Watched one of the youtube videos I gave links to that demonstrate what the Water Dragon is like in the games. I don't think that's asking too much, especially when you note elements of the moveset that clash with your understanding of the character.

I'm thoroughly unconvinced that a (long) serpentine body character would be intuitive to play with a jump button. It's an entirely different gameplay style to running and jumping as Mario or Kirby.
More to the point, being able to jump normally, having aerials that are a neccessary element of his playstyle... these things would fly in the face of the idea of being able to raise your head into the air and use ground attacks. Jumping in the traditional sense is so far removed from the core of this kind of moveset, that I'm honestly worried you're looking at this as if it were some ganondorf sized biped. There are fundamental differences in how players will feel when controlling a large serpent moveset. They don't even need to jump, they can reach anywhere just by dragging their head over to that area.
And even then I did give the water dragon an input to make him jump. It's on a special, because leaping through the air as this enormous creature deserves a lot more gravitas and spectacle than simply tapping a jump button.

And that jab at the decision to do this "adding little to the character". You do realise that any decision, no matter how small, no matter how annoying, misguided or wrong, adds to the way the moveset is characterised. Not being able to jump, in and of itself has flavor. Maybe you don't like the flavor, but you can't accuse it of being inconsequential to characterisation when you spend an entire paragraph complaining about it.

While the grab has a point, it still feels kinda annoying to not give any throws. I'm starting to feel moves like this are more appropriate on a command grab than the character's actual grab.
I wanted him to drag foes around during his grab, and also to be able to attack during that. That's not fewer options, that's more options. Throws be damned. Attacking the foe and sending the foe flying away... those ARE throws.

I'm honestly a tad peeved that movesets are under such pressure to fill in a minimum number of inputs, even when they clearly have enough complexity and potential already. I wasn't being lazy, I genuinely did NOT want to give the Water Dragon traditional throws.

FrozenRoy said:
Bone Golem
Yet another set with a freaky jump mechanic that I don't particularly enjoy! Well, not entirely true: I don't hate the mechanic itself, but the fact it is on a jump. That is a horribly awkward place to play with it and really hurts the set. How do you deal with a simple game on Battlefield with this? And it'll annoy the player, worst of all: Players who want to just play as the base Bone Golem or don't want to be very aerial will hate turning forms every time, for example. This is the kind of thing that you don't want on your jump, you want on a move or something. Putting it on the jump is just a way to make some players of it hate the fact they can't move around most stages without seperating...
I can't really defend Bone Golem, because not being able to navigate moving, hazard filled, stages is a huge problem. I admit, the design of this concept was undercooked, and I didn't have the sense to scrutinise it at any point.
I feel I have to fix this problem, so I have to thank you for bringing it to my attention.

FrozenRoy said:
Richter Belmont
....Nobody wants to be unable to control their character for 1.4 seconds (About as long as Warlock Punch takes to start-up and then probably execute, as it takes 1.1 seconds to start-up) during the hits. Aside from that, they are c'est magnifique.
Tell that to Jigglypuff's Sing attack, or Deku Nuts, or Shield breaking.... or Zero Suit Samus' paralysis gun. Granted, 1.4 seconds is probably about half a second too long for a move that basically holds the foe in place for you...

FrozenRoy said:
The key attack is another move I have to be critical of, though: The fact it makes him invicible seems odd, although I have NO idea what use keys are in Castlevania...I presume they open doors. The super powerful secret hitbox and the invincibility make it all feel like it comes out of nowhere and a bit disconnected: It would have felt better if, say, it was the cross he pulled out, an item well known for it's protective ability.
Funnily enough, yes. While primarily an item for opening gates, the key is a subweapon that can be used to attack enemies. And yes it does render Richter invincible for a brief moment if you attempt to perform its "Item Crash". It's something of an easter egg, and a genuinely humorous thing to see in its own right. Its appearance in the moveset is roughly equivilent to Jigglypuff's rest, albeit genuinely useful even without the hitbox.
I thought it would further accentuate the idea of aggressive defense if the most forceful input in the moveset was given to a parry/spot-dodge.
To new players, this attack is meant to feel like a waste of an input, forcing them to be somewhat more conscious about the forward attacks they're inputting, and how often they try to dash around.

Nidorino
...I also feel like there is a few hiccups around, like the NAir, that might not have the gameplay be up to the creative.
Is this English? It's nice to get feedback, and I super appreciate you taking the time to write it, but... what's the criticism here?

Kusumi
...and I really dislike the "control" move, because it is extremely Kunino-Sagiri, not Kusumi-no-Okami, plus it seems a bit easy to take a good deal of control.
The implication throughout the moveset is that the player is Izanami, the goddess which Kunino, Ameno and Kusumi are all a part of. This is why there is fog (Kusumi doesn't make fog, she absorbs it), this is why you can take control of the foe (Kusumi doesn't control people, she's the puppet), etc. This unique relationship I wanted to explore is why I needed to use the gamepad to begin with.

Shield of Denial also seems...iffy, especially if there is no way to make sure someone doesn't select Kusumi, as I can then imagine someone entering matches (especially online) and just messing with everyone.
You just can't enter random online matches as Kusumi. Or any online match at all. At most, there would be a dedicated mode of online matches, where four players take turns being Kusumi.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
"You know what the reader could have done? Watched one of the youtube videos I gave links to that demonstrate what the Water Dragon is like in the games. "

Before replying to everything else at some other point in time, I didn't actually see there were any videos of what the Water Dragon looked like, so that is my bad...where is it, though? Was it that avatar list? Because the only link I see in the post is the music.

...I also feel like there is a few hiccups around, like the NAir, that might not have the gameplay be up to the creative.

I am saying that the Gameplay elements do not necessarily reach the level of the creative elements, as in being not as good or being worthwhile for the creative bonus.

"Tell that to Jigglypuff's Sing attack, or Deku Nuts, or Shield breaking.... or Zero Suit Samus' paralysis gun. Granted, 1.4 seconds is probably about half a second too long for a move that basically holds the foe in place for you..."

The thing is people DON'T like Jigglypuff's Sing attack or Deku Nuts, ZSS' paralysis gun is also generally iffy (it severely lowers interaction for the opponent) and shield breaking requires a conscious effort in Brawl that is harder than hitting with the Holy Water from what I can see.

"You just can't enter random online matches as Kusumi. Or any online match at all. At most, there would be a dedicated mode of online matches, where four players take turns being Kusumi."

I think that Kusumi at least needs some kind of mode or something. Having a character that can only be used with people you know is horribly unfun for people (like myself) who have no or few IRL friends.

"Funnily enough, yes. While primarily an item for opening gates, the key is a subweapon that can be used to attack enemies. And yes it does render Richter invincible for a brief moment if you attempt to perform its "Item Crash". It's something of an easter egg, and a genuinely humorous thing to see in its own right. Its appearance in the moveset is roughly equivilent to Jigglypuff's rest, albeit genuinely useful even without the hitbox."

Ah. I did not know this. That makes more sense, then.

""I wanted him to drag foes around during his grab, and also to be able to attack during that. That's not fewer options, that's more options. Throws be damned. Attacking the foe and sending the foe flying away... those ARE throws.

I'm honestly a tad peeved that movesets are under such pressure to fill in a minimum number of inputs, even when they clearly have enough complexity and potential already. I wasn't being lazy, I genuinely did NOT want to give the Water Dragon traditional throws.""

Just because you wanted to do something does not mean I agree it is a good idea. While it isn't the worst throwless grab I've seen, it felt like there was not that much payoff, especially since you could easily make moving the foe and attacking them a throw or grab option. Plus, you only seem to suggest there is one move worthwhile, so it does not feel like there are many options as presented (Unless I am forgetting something in the playstyle section).

"And that jab at the decision to do this "adding little to the character". You do realise that any decision, no matter how small, no matter how annoying, misguided or wrong, adds to the way the moveset is characterised. Not being able to jump, in and of itself has flavor. Maybe you don't like the flavor, but you can't accuse it of being inconsequential to characterisation when you spend an entire paragraph complaining about it."

You're right in the sense that it does add more to the character, but I still feel iti s misguided. Also, I never said it added nothing, but little: While anything can add character, some certainly do so more than other.

"You know what the reader could have done? Watched one of the youtube videos I gave links to that demonstrate what the Water Dragon is like in the games. I don't think that's asking too much, especially when you note elements of the moveset that clash with your understanding of the character.

I'm thoroughly unconvinced that a (long) serpentine body character would be intuitive to play with a jump button. It's an entirely different gameplay style to running and jumping as Mario or Kirby.
More to the point, being able to jump normally, having aerials that are a neccessary element of his playstyle... these things would fly in the face of the idea of being able to raise your head into the air and use ground attacks. Jumping in the traditional sense is so far removed from the core of this kind of moveset, that I'm honestly worried you're looking at this as if it were some ganondorf sized biped. There are fundamental differences in how players will feel when controlling a large serpent moveset. They don't even need to jump, they can reach anywhere just by dragging their head over to that area.
And even then I did give the water dragon an input to make him jump. It's on a special, because leaping through the air as this enormous creature deserves a lot more gravitas and spectacle than simply tapping a jump button."

Why not? Gyarados was able to go through the air just fine, and while the two are not the same, they certainly have a similiar body type. To me, and you're free to disagree, it feels more unintuitive that this giant serpent needs to go through things to jump.

To me, it feels horribly awkward to imagine playing Water Dragon on stages like, lesse...New Pork City and Temple, of course, but Temple is partially his size and there isn't much to do there. Either of the F-Zero stages, but especially Big Blue (If you fall onto the track, you're even more dead than normal!), or Jungle Japes...or Rumble Falls, but that stage makes ANYONE sad. Or a stage like Hanenbow, with lots of platforms and there is probably more to deal with. Having a jump that has so many strings attached makes playing on a lot of stages difficult and, to me, is not particularly more intuitive.

"Sea cucumber!? What kind of analogy is that!?
A Sea Cucumber is absolutely rife with awesome potential! It can liquefy its body to fit through tiny cracks. It can spray out its own internal organs (out of its anus, which is also used to breathe) as a means of self defense. They communicate using hormones. Many of them walk using their mouths. It can become biologically dormant in order to survive in hot conditions. There are a number of species of aquatic life that will use Sea Cucumbers as shelter to live in.
It does all this, and it has no brain whatsoever.

A Sea Cucumber is a lot like commenting on Dustman really..."

It's a reference to SF Debris reviews, when he uses those words to describe something average, though in retrospect it might have actually just been a normal cucumber...but I am pretty sure it is a sea cucumber.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Before replying to everything else at some other point in time, I didn't actually see there were any videos of what the Water Dragon looked like, so that is my bad...where is it, though? Was it that avatar list? Because the only link I see in the post is the music.
It's right before the post with Water Dragon in it. And I mean that literally. Scroll up maybe half a screen.

I am saying that the Gameplay elements do not necessarily reach the level of the creative elements, as in being not as good or being worthwhile for the creative bonus.
I actually think the Nair is a very well designed attack. It's inherently fun to use, it serves a purpose that most new players will stumble upon themselves, and it also highlights elements of Nidorino's movement that the rest of the moveset did not focus on.

The thing is people DON'T like Jigglypuff's Sing attack or Deku Nuts, ZSS' paralysis gun is also generally iffy (it severely lowers interaction for the opponent) and shield breaking requires a conscious effort in Brawl that is harder than hitting with the Holy Water from what I can see.
Of course they don't like it. A fighting game that never frustrates the victim of your attacks is one with significantly less investment from the player. Sure, from a theoretical perspective, stun moves don't add much to the gameplan, but aesthetically and emotionally speaking there's a lot to use with stun.
I didn't even envisage holy water being easy to hit with, though that's my fault for not mentioning the throwing arc. It more or less drops down almost immediately, so hitting with it would require Richter to be right above the foe. For someone of his lacking mobility, that's not going to be easy spacing to attain. And if you do manage to hit the foe, now you're right on top of them, so you don't have the right spacing to hit them with the tip of your whip attacks.

Just because you wanted to do something does not mean I agree it is a good idea. While it isn't the worst throwless grab I've seen, it felt like there was not that much payoff, especially since you could easily make moving the foe and attacking them a throw or grab option. Plus, you only seem to suggest there is one move worthwhile, so it does not feel like there are many options as presented (Unless I am forgetting something in the playstyle section).
No, absolutely no putting the entire grab-game of the Water Dragon into one throw you choose. This isn't DK's cargo carry, the theming is completely different.
One of the reasons the Water Dragon's grab-game allows him to use his attacks as normal, is because he's an absolutely mammoth target that will be mercilessly wailed upon in a FFA. If he's to have any chance, he cannot let himself be occupied when grabbing a foe.
It's true that I only presented the one option. And, granted the forward smash is pretty much the go-to move unless you're after a vertical KO (I should probably nerf the knockback of attacks used during a grab). But there's still a good few interesting what ifs in there, like D-Smash whilst right at the edge of the stage, or U-Smash after encircling your head with your body.

You're right in the sense that it does add more to the character, but I still feel it is misguided. Also, I never said it added nothing, but little: While anything can add character, some certainly do so more than other.
But after saying how much of a problem this poses to players and how much they will 'hate' being unable to jump, you can't claim this doesn't have a huge impact on the flavor of the character

Why not? Gyarados was able to go through the air just fine, and while the two are not the same, they certainly have a similiar body type. To me, and you're free to disagree, it feels more unintuitive that this giant serpent needs to go through things to jump.
Gyarados can FLY you silly billy, he's water/flying. So of course Gyarados has to have some kind of aerial ability. Besides, Gyarados sidesteps the whole jumping aspect by letting him fly in exactly the same way he moves normally. Water Dragon doesn't have the luxury of being able to do that.

To me, it feels horribly awkward to imagine playing Water Dragon on stages like, lesse...New Pork City and Temple, of course, but Temple is partially his size and there isn't much to do there. Either of the F-Zero stages, but especially Big Blue (If you fall onto the track, you're even more dead than normal!), or Jungle Japes...or Rumble Falls, but that stage makes ANYONE sad. Or a stage like Hanenbow, with lots of platforms and there is probably more to deal with. Having a jump that has so many strings attached makes playing on a lot of stages difficult and, to me, is not particularly more intuitive.
I get the feeling I didn't do a good enough job explaining the Water Dragon's movement and relationship to platforms.
So long as at least one part of him is standing on a platform, he can move his head (thus dragging his body) anywhere he wants. Compared to Gyarados (whose platform behaviour you seem to be basing most of your hypotheticals off of) Water Dragon doesn't need to have a platform's worth of body on a platform in order to count as being on the platform.
On stages like Hanenbow (terrible stages), it's unlikely to ever be in a situation where he's not touching at least one platform. Water Dragon's solid body makes him downright godly at Rumble Falls, since he can just slither up through the myriad platforms that comprise the stage. I don't think there are many platforms in the game that are too high for the Water Dragon to simply reach without jumping. For purposes of moving platforms and other such stage elements, the platform with nearest grounded part of the Water Dragon's body on it, is the platform he is "on". So for Big Blue, so long as he has at least some footing on a car, his body won't go zooming off the side of the stage.

Incidentally, even though I'm defending Water Dragon quite vehemently right now, I am still considering editing him, along with Bone Golem. So it's not like I'm outright denying that there at issues at play here.

It's a reference to SF Debris reviews, when he uses those words to describe something average, though in retrospect it might have actually just been a normal cucumber...but I am pretty sure it is a sea cucumber.
What I was driving at, is that you gave me little to react to, despite it being a comment aimed at me as its author. If you found it uninteresting and average, then yeah. Doesn't exactly open up a dialogue. Hence I had to talk about the Sea Cucumber instead.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
"What I was driving at, is that you gave me little to react to, despite it being a comment aimed at me as its author. If you found it uninteresting and average, then yeah. Doesn't exactly open up a dialogue. Hence I had to talk about the Sea Cucumber instead."

It wasn't really meant to open up much dialogue, admittedly. I didn't have much to say, but it would feel very rude to just leave it out, so I simply gave it a small piece.

"Of course they don't like it. A fighting game that never frustrates the victim of your attacks is one with significantly less investment from the player. Sure, from a theoretical perspective, stun moves don't add much to the gameplan, but aesthetically and emotionally speaking there's a lot to use with stun."

There is a use for stun...but I think that, in general, 1.4 seconds of it is problematic. I am not complaining it stuns, I am complaining it stuns about as long as Warlock Punch takes to activate and probably a good deal of activation. IIRC, a fully charged Zamus D-Smash is 2 seconds of stun (but it ofc takes 2 seconds to charge), so it felt bad that it did 1.4 seconds w/o charge. Zamus is actually an interesting example of how stun can be applied in a good manner, though it does sometimes last a bit too long.

As for the attack and ease of hitting as such, no real way for me to know that, so yeah. I wonder if something like short-hopped fast falled Holy Water to F-Smash would be viable...would probably actually be kinda cool as long as it was not hella easy.

"It's right before the post with Water Dragon in it. And I mean that literally. Scroll up maybe half a screen."

I feel very stupid I missed that. I thought it was something else entirely! (Though maybe it is just me, but it sure looks like the one time he does much out of water, vid 3, he is jumping a lot).

Water Dragon just seems to be something we seem to disagree on movement-wise, though that did clear a little up, but it kind of seems silly to visualize and I feel like there has got to be a better way to go about it. It's probably something we just won't agree on.

"But after saying how much of a problem this poses to players and how much they will 'hate' being unable to jump, you can't claim this doesn't have a huge impact on the flavor of the character"

As I said, it was a poor choice of words. I should have said something else instead of little (perhaps "negative").

I don't see how Water Dragon's grab game helps him get wailed on less in FFA, as he is still a huge target and he would presumably drop the foe after being hit once like any other grab, especially as no mention is made of not doing so...and if he has some kind of grab armor or prevention from it, it might take the focus to something else (Suicide KOs and, if grab armor, grab stalling).

Junahu

Smash Ace
I don't see how Water Dragon's grab game helps him get wailed on less in FFA, as he is still a huge target and he would presumably drop the foe after being hit once like any other grab, especially as no mention is made of not doing so...and if he has some kind of grab armor or prevention from it, it might take the focus to something else (Suicide KOs and, if grab armor, grab stalling).
He would drop the foe if struck in the head. The Water Dragon only flinches when someone hits his head.

Top Bottom