• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Major Chaingrabbing help. PLease!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, So I know how to wobble and never really worried about cg's because of it..but now I'm going to a tournament where it is banned :(. Sooo I know there is a video that tells you how to do every chaingrab on everycharacter that you can...but I cannot watch videos anytime soon. So what I'm asking is for someone to tell me how to chaingrab every character and at what %'s I should do a certain chaingrab. Also I want to know who I cannot chaingrab and when I need to stop chaingrabbing someone.

I know this is asking alot but I would really appriciate it. Thanks.

-Hylian

TGM

Smash Lord
yep my tournament bans wobbling. i guess after mouf destroyed you, you gotta switch to IC.........f-ing sad.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yep my tournament bans wobbling. i guess after mouf destroyed you, you gotta switch to IC.........f-ing sad.

Can I post without you following me around? Please? Just leave me the **** alone. Yeah. Mouf destroyed me. Look at all our matchs. At Host I beat him in two Money matchs. 3 stocking him in one. At daBR 3 I beat him in our RCMM. So I have taken 11$ from him. He has beaten me in a few friendlys. Wow. Good job. Stop following me around. And why would I switch to IC's beacuse a peach beat me a few times? That doesn't make any sense at all. I have always wanted to learn how to play IC's. This has nothing to do with that.

TGM

Smash Lord
you talked trash and it got thrown back in your face.. thats all i got to say. byebye.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
you talked trash and it got thrown back in your face.. thats all i got to say. byebye.
What? When was I trash talking? You are always the one saying things, I just defend myself from your comments.

Anyways, can anyone help me with the IC's thing?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
He said he can't watch videos >_>

Anyway, the answers to chaingrabbing can be really complex, and it would take me forever to answer your questions (I don't even know all the answers, I just improvise). My advice would just be to search around the boards and read various threads, usually a chaingrabbing solution will come up.

And I must say, tsk tsk tsk for focusing on wobbling and not learning the pwnage chaingrabs. ;)

I really wish I could link you to some vids...most IC matches involve at least one chaingrab that ***** a stock. Also, you should learn how to combo in addition to chaingrabbing. Dash attack is a great combo starter, especially on fastfallers.

Also, remember that the speed of a throw depends on a character's weight, so adjust your timing accordingly.

Since I don't know most of the answers, I'll just throw these out there and a more experienced IC player can fill us in. I'll add input on what I do know.

Dthrow chaingrab
-Works on Sheik, Link?, Ganon?
-

Dthrow SH dair
-Works on ????????
-
-

Dthrow non-sh dair
-If you jump forward with the dair, it knocks Captain Falcon behind you for another grab.
-
-

Dthrow fair
-If it meteors, it can be followed up with dsmash or another grab.
-
-

Fthrow Fsmash
-Guaranteed kill at higher percents. Better if done at the edge.
-

Following up after a throw
-
-

Dthrow usmash
-Guaranteed kill at higher percentages.
-On fastfallers, this is a combo starter. Follow up with usmash, dash attack, uair, or dsmash..

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...TGM Combo works on a lot of characters (especially fastfallers) at lower percentages. Dash attack, then usmash or dsmash. Or chain several dash attacks on fastfallers.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks 56k..can anyone else help? Give me the entire list if possible even though I know it is alot of info :(.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I saw that..and I don't think its that accurate..and can someone just watch the video and take the info from there?

pockyD

Smash Legend
the information from the video is no more accurate than that post

it would probably be easier to address concerns about specific characters or chaingrabs if you have questions about those rather than find a general compendium of knowledge which i don't believe exists

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
With the Ice Climbers' TGM combo, if they DI it actually opens up MORE options of what to hit them with next :chuckle:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Don't foul the IC's by dubbing one of their combos "an IC TGM combo." Please.

Seriously, eww.

And by the way, you don't need CG's on the floatier opponents if you just do the following combo:

d-throw
reverse d-air
up-tilt/up-smash.

Follow that up with an up-air or back-air and you have a solid 40-50 percent combo, which is significantly more than you'll get with escapable CGs.

If you want a nice psuedo chaingrab on fast fallers that works at every percent (assuming you can't do d-throw d-air, or they know how to escape it), then try back-throw into WD jab. Very rarely will your opponent tech the throw the first time since they're expecting a d-throw chaingrab or a grab smash. WD into jab resets them and then lets you grab again.

Down-throw forward-air won't chaingrab but it can be a good opener for tech-chases. If you want to turn it into a chaingrab, try jabbing right afterwards; sometimes you can catch them with a jab before they land (and then grab them) or you can pop them off the ground and grab them again. If you reset them, you'll still get a grab. Pretty win-win, assuming they can't tech. If they show that they can though, you won't have too hard of a time tech-chasing if you just wait for the tech and chase it with a wavedash.

The ledge chaingrab works on most characters until KO'ing percent.

Failing all that, if Sheik can chaingrab them then you probably can as well. Just down-throw.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks wobbles...hmmm..I will try out that combo. Not the tgm combo the one wobbles said to use on floaty characters.

Top Bottom