• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magnet Camping?....Air Camping with Lucas??

lil cj

Smash Lord
This is something Ive been testing out with Lucas and it may be helpful to his game. Magnet camping is pretty much doing a SH reverse psi magnet, so your actually spacing with psi magnet backwards instead of forward. How is this helpful? Well, I havnt used this on a human player yet, just on a CPU Ganon lol...but, i got away from Ganon as he approached and if he got too close the psi magnet would shock him pushing him back. Another application for this is your running towards your opponent and right when your in range you do psi magnet backwards, which is a good mindgame(think Sonic's spin dash cancel Lucas style). You can do it without b-sticking, Im not sure if its better with b-sticking(i dont b-stick). So is this legit?

Another thing Ive been trying to do is air camp with Lucas(been playing too much Wario lol).
And its works good. Lucas has one of the best aerial movements next to Wario, Yoshi, Ness, and Jiggs. Is this smart to do?

If this is known or useless then Levitas close this thread:)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm having trouble picturing what's s'posed to be happening here.

I don't understand how reversing or short hopping the Magnet is 'camping'. Although it would be a great alternative for spacing at point blank, I'd think. Only thing is, it leaves him pretty vulnerable if you whiff... But yeah, I could see this being a reasonable option against opponents. Your timing's gotta be nigh on perfect, though.

I doubt Ryuka can air camp as well as Wario cuz his aerial mobility, while good in it's own right, is nowhere near Wario's... So his air dodge is less effective because he can't cover the same distance while using it. Plus his aerials don't back him up as well as Wario's do... Just my thoughts.

This isn't really camping, but full hop magnet pulling above and past your opponent can be kind of annoying on stages like FD or Smashville. *shrug* For a short while, anyway.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I've been using the magnet for stalling in the air a lot more than I use to, I also use it to quickly land onto platforms.

I have known about the b-reverse psi maget, but never actually used it in matches so can't really tell you too much on that one

lil cj

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble picturing what's s'posed to be happening here.

I don't understand how reversing or short hopping the Magnet is 'camping'. Although it would be a great alternative for spacing at point blank, I'd think. Only thing is, it leaves him pretty vulnerable if you whiff... But yeah, I could see this being a reasonable option against opponents. Your timing's gotta be nigh on perfect, though.

I doubt Ryuka can air camp as well as Wario cuz his aerial mobility, while good in it's own right, is nowhere near Wario's... So his air dodge is less effective because he can't cover the same distance while using it. Plus his aerials don't back him up as well as Wario's do... Just my thoughts.

This isn't really camping, but full hop magnet pulling above and past your opponent can be kind of annoying on stages like FD or Smashville. *shrug* For a short while, anyway.
I guess I worded things wrong I guess, it is more on spacing than camping.
I'll explain, its like the input for a SH PK fire but your doing a Psi Magnet backwards instead, if they try to approach and get too close it will shock them and push them back so it will be hard for them to punish Lucas. You can do it several times to keep them back, kinda like Sheik's chain camping. If they do manage to get passed this then you can attack or run away from them.
And the other way was dashing towards your opponent and using a SH psi magnet backwards, as a kind of mind game. Similar to when you use Shield to cancel Sonic's side b, but just a different application.

As for air camping, I wish it was as good as Wario's lol...but its about average yet still effective against certain opponents.

Lol...I always do full hop magnet pulls above the stage...its fun

I've been using the magnet for stalling in the air a lot more than I use to, I also use it to quickly land onto platforms.

I have known about the b-reverse psi maget, but never actually used it in matches so can't really tell you too much on that one

Ive been using magnet stalling alot too
Maybe it can open up some new mindgames??

prOAPC

Smash Lord
about the first thing, i've been using it for few months ago, with wavebounced psi magnet.
it is useless vs characters with a good dash attack, Ike comes to mind
really good for spacing, zoning and baiting
mix it with pk fire camping for a good defensive game

as for the air camp, i don't really like the idea much, the only way i air camp with lucas, if for jumping from one platform to another (like in PK Stadium) and dair for some protection

Levitas

the moon
People hit you through magnet if you do it more than once or twice.

I refuse to close threads based on a personal opinion of how useful an idea is (unless I have another reason for it)

Therefore this thread stays lol

lil cj

Smash Lord

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
CJ, bring your beepin arse to Kakuna Matada 2

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I did that during a match with my friends and they all were like "WTF what the hell was that". The only use I see for it though is baiting...

Top Bottom