• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Whysper

Smash Rookie
Sorry for flaking out on this game. I had a couple minor IRL emergencies the last couple days, so was handling those. Getting back into regular things now.

Anyway, I'm reviewing the thread. Though I noticed on this page that Osie is in the game, which is pretty cool! :) I guess there must have been a replacement? I'll check for that.

Whysper

Smash Rookie
what did you mean by the bolded? Is detective mao a player from another site deliberately using an alias to conceal who they are?
Hmm. That sounds a little more sinister than I'd attribute to it. Haha. :) But yes, she goes by another name on my homesite. And she may be using an alias here to avoid too much attention from friends there. Not sure. But I'm not reading much into it for this particular game.

Whysper

Smash Rookie
Wam town

id say Chaco null but he’ll get ants in his pants so I’ll wait a few more posts
Why because I agree with your case?
Mostly because you called Eido town in 182.

And partly calling you town to keep you on side with me. You want to Lynch the same people as me so you’re either smart or buddying up to me - I’m cool with either
Something about this interaction pings me as unsettling. I've already been getting a scum vibe about Swiss, and this just makes it worse. And I don't understand his push on Chaco really. Chaco I'm town-leaning on tone and the type of comments I've been seeing from him so far.

I think I read someone calling Swiss a good scum player. Also, Chaco mentioned that he's played with Swiss a lot and that he's "intricate" (I think that's the word he used). For the time being, I'm going to place my vote on Swiss.

Chop Chop Chop Chop
Vote: Swiss

Wam

Smash Ace
Unvote

Wiisp has done enough last 24 hours I dont think they are the right day 1 lynch.

still so confused how you took a literal meme as an insult, given that nobody legitimately playing mafia is even a boomer
especially given you are part of a literal meme group
it just seems like an awfully stretched out reaction

can somebody give me a frozen flame town game?
his can go are just lazy outside me and Rhand
and Idk why I am even there, even if he doesn't like my playstyle it doesn't make me a wolf
and I am quite sure he hasn't even read any of rhand's recent posts

Ff as survivor.

Ff as town.

Both have me as town as well!

I need to re read.

Whysper

Smash Rookie
First of all, Whysper still hasn't posted after their initial pop-in. She has a tendency to slank as a scum from what I can recall, so I'd keep an eye out for her. If she doesn't post, I'd be willing to consider killing her, but we also need to keep in mind that this is 120/24. I'm not entirely sure how she's going to play this game. Thankfully, we can just ask!
Whysper Whysper Hey, how are you planning to approach this game?
Well, the slanking right now was due to some IRL issues, but hopefully I can post more now. Though Chinese New Year is approaching in a week or so and I'll be busy during that time, but will still try to keep up. I do tend to low-post in general, especially during early game. I'm not all that talkative and don't get into meming.

I do have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by this site so far. The last time Seth recruited me for a game on another website, I was horrified by all the toxicity. Haha. :) This appears to be a more mature group judging by the years of experience people have mentioned. When Rhand mentioned his 8 years, I was already impressed. But then others started talking about 10+ years. Wow! :) My homesite FoL has a younger player-base and they tend to meme and fluff post a lot. I always feel so old over there. :)

Anyway, I'm also liking the interactions here so far. There are pushes, some aggressive, and then questioning back and forth, all rather civilized. So I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how the rest of this game goes. :)

Whysper

Smash Rookie
that’s a lot of :)
Ahhh yes, it's sort of a habit/style of mine. And yeah, some people find it annoying. One guy on my homesite expressed his hatred of my style when I first joined and promptly scum-read me for it (I was town). Haha. :)

ExLight

Smash Lord
Ahhh yes, it's sort of a habit/style of mine. And yeah, some people find it annoying. One guy on my homesite expressed his hatred of my style when I first joined and promptly scum-read me for it (I was town). Haha. :)
I like it
gonna steal it :)

I’m not sure if I follow your logic on Swiss though can you try to explain what exactly was giving you scum vibes

Swiss

Smash Lord
old
3DSNinja afk
ExLight -- lynchable
gellnick dumbtown/null
Scarlet Rage null baffling sus
Wam no idea
Swiss werewolf
Wiisp indy/scum <lynch
Rhand -
FrozenFlame no idea
Chaco/Osie null flop
Whysper afk probs scum
Eido - not vanilla town +
Gorf null/+
Detective Mao - town +

#383 Post wasn't scummy though, iirc Scarlet was first person to make a push that wasn't generated by my Rhand push.

#384 I find myself liking Rhand more. Bad reads. Rhand talk to me more about Wam.

#390 Dislike Exlight more. Either can't differentiate between my push on Rhand as made up or doesn't want to.
^Note i still don't like how Rhand reacted to my push. But not a lynch toDay.

#408 Do I do that? I give points for genuine scumhunting, just helps when they get it right to my eyes

#409 dislike Exlight. Wants to push me after Gellick tried to but there's no weight here, no pressure and not even any substanxw, just justifying why he's so weak on the push.

#411 gorf updated wiisp read? ie. can i get one now please

#415 Chaco's post is mind numbing. Lynch scarlet and get info on me and Rhand? How?

#420 glad to see I still agree with myself (gorf that 420 is for you baby)

#421 Gorf openly offering to sheep, townie.
agree on rhand

#422 BIG ONE. Why is Wiisp defending Exlight not being willing to vote on his only suspect? Bizarre beyong belief.
Dislike Wiisp.

#431 How are people not reading scum on exlight here

#432 like Wiisp, still dislike overall

#436 just realised i've been spelling gellnick wrong

#439 does wiisp respond

skip to #461 good post

#463 better but WHERE is the push or direction? Not targets doesn't do much.
Overall wiisp dislike

#464 Exlight....I can't even - he has to be scum

#465 like gorf

skipping other exlight posts

#470 first mao post that i dislike
overall like mao
gorf why did you like that comment

#471 Scarlet defending a likely lynch target, odds on a town action

#484 reads are good, (maybe too good) accept you went too hard for it to be scum action.
Like FF

#485/6 Eido has a brain

#487 makes no sense to me, wam?

#490 Oh Scarlet now THAT reads slimy
Overall null/like scarlet

#491 good by wiisp, but dont little else.
Am I tunneling him? Maybe, no. But maybe.

#492 gellNick needs more content
disliek

#495 like scarlet

#509 Gellick no brain. Repeating push on me townie
overall null

#513 hello

#515 Osie is this an in joke or are you trying to crumb something?

#517 You dont believes FF's response Wiisp? See my comments above

#518 disliek Wiisp, very weak - " can someone like be an obvious wolf, "

#527 cheeky question

#531 whysper logic makes no sense. Makes sure to mention people have called me good at scum. Two very dishonest ways to push me.
Not the first of the day to push me either - jumping on someone elses hard work

Osie
ExLight -- lynchable
gellnick null-
Scarlet Rage null+
Wam no idea
Swiss werewolf
Wiisp indy/scum lynchable
Rhand - null
FrozenFlame null+
Chaco no idea
Whysper lynchable
Eido - not vanilla town +
Gorf town
Detective Mao - town +

Wiisp > Exlight > Whysper lynch priority

I probably should be putting Exlight first and I'm more confident in that read. But I can just smell scum on Wiisp.

Whysper

Smash Rookie
I like it
gonna steal it :)
Haha, sure, that's fine :)

I’m not sure if I follow your logic on Swiss though can you try to explain what exactly was giving you scum vibes
Hmmm, I've actually already been trying to think of how to put it in words and planned to review him more after I finish making it through the thread. But let me see if I can sort of explain it.

His tone comes off as a bit antagonistic to me. Not as much as Rhand, but still there. Now I know this could just be playstyle, and I do want to review his posts to see if I can pinpoint why I feel that way and if it holds any substance.

Then that interaction with Wam where he basically says he's pocketing Wam to keep him on his side is just openly wolfy where it might be seen as TWTBAW. But I feel it may be a wolf comfortable with acting towny by being carefree on stuff like this. Man, not sure I'm getting across what I mean since it's not exactly solid in my mind in the first place.

Anyway, my overall impression of Swiss is an experienced wolf taking an aggressive town stance and blatantly pocketing people in hopes of keeping them on his side. Now this could definitely change after I review things more closely, but thought I'd put my thought-process so far out there.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
vote: Swiss
can't remember the last time I had to self preserve, or I have actually been an option day 1
his macro level is good, his micro not as much
would rather vote in Frozen, still think I am correct there, but it's doubtful that ever goes through, and I don't even know why
Wim was not a typo, Osie has a habit of misreading my alignment a lot, and it always leads to a downward spiral

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if I claim I am dead anyways
well maybe not, since there is a very high chance of protection existing in this setup

Wiisp

Smash Lord
actually claiming now, Idk what it will be like closer to EoD, I think its the correct play here
I am the Town Cop

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Can we get the deadline in the title?

We should organise a time to all be online when it happens as it was useful during the Apex game. It's how Boom was caught. I'll be online tonight GMT and tomorrow same time, so I can check in.

Hi Osie :yoshi64:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
did you breadcrumb or soft at any point?
nope, the only thing I would breadcrumb as a cop is my checks in my reads, and I probably wouldn't hold those to my heart given I am only one half of the cops, and me alone can confirm someone

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I do however believe I made it obvious I was a PR, but that didn't seem to matter, so /shrug

Top Bottom