• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Machop for brawl

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
This is a fighting game, Thus a fighting Pokemon must show up

This is the pokemon
-And as most of you know, machop has two evolutions
Machoke---------------------------------------------And---------------------------

Machamp

Now the nice thing about this pokemon is it could be a nice way to show how evolutions work in pokemon
-Press B to focus energy- This would allow your pokemon to evolve after a while (much longer then charging up Dk's punch or Samus' blaster)
-Up B-Uppercut-Like Marths
-Side B-Double kick-Like Ryu's Double kick
-Down B-Low Kick-Falcon kick only once it starts it never stops, it only gets faster

You can only evolve once
Once you evolve, Focusing energy makes you faster rather then allows you to evolve

But Machops/Machokes Final smash would be

-Why Not Lucario-Because I don't want to play as a dog, I want to be a fighter, Like Bruce lee, Like Ryu, Like the original 2d fighters were

-Whats so good about Machop?- Well, I hope your not being a priss, but here it is
--DK=Range
--Cptn Falcon-Speed
--Sonic-Cheap little combos
--Machop-Timing and priority

With such stubby arms he would originally be about hitting his opponent with hard to time attacks
-Or turn into machoke whom has less priority however has attacks has larger range and more ability for combos (But he isn't as able to kill since smashes are
forward-Uppercut-Small range hits up also
Up-High kick- Hits right above him-Hardly likely to ever hit a person
Down-Low kick-sliding smash (knocks person up

Tell me your thoughts
Machamp

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
It's not about importance,
It's about type,
I feel a necessity to put at least one fighting type in brawl

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I think Mewtwos enough for evil psychics or ghosts

I would much rather have a street fighter type character, Just an awesome fighter
-No sword
-No guns
-No Elemental bull

Just Fighting

And Maybe an Evolution or two,
I mean I can work out, why can't he?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I believe DK fills the brute force role. To my knowledge, he uses no magic, guns, or elemental bs. The closest thing he has to weapons are instruments.

Would Machop have better technique than DK or would he simply be a brute force fighter himself?

I need to see the rest of your moveset, because right now, I'm not convinced he would be radically different from DK.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Lucario looks like a wuss,
A dog, How cool is a dog, He's got to be jacked like Ah-nold

Well I figure he would be more of the type of character that has moves that need good timing and high priority
-DK uses Range (Machop would not use range)
-Captain falcon uses speed (Machop wouldn't use speed)
-Sonic Seems to use cheap little combos (Machops combos would be a little harder to get off but alot stronger)

Making him enjoyable when you start learning to time every move right
-Or you can use his B's to try and attack by streaming (Line up with opponent from far away or up close and press the button delivering a poor attack but it works (

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is much better. He's more popular, varied attacks, and is much more important to the series. Machop does not outprioritize Lucario. Machop has the importance of a worker drone in a company. Lucario is at least a higher-up at corporate.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Machop would probably work very well as a fighter in brawl but with over 400 pokemon to choose from it's very possible machop was completly forgotten when they choose pokemon fighters for brawl. :(

vesperview

Smash Hero
The only pokemon with a chance are the ones who were popular in the anime or the movies (Lucario, Deoxys, who was pokeballed, Darkrai), seriously, Sakurai is not browsing the entire list of pokemon picking one at random, he has the pokeballs to do that.

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
The only pokemon with a chance are the ones who were popular in the anime or the movies (Lucario, Deoxys, who was pokeballed, Darkrai), seriously, Sakurai is not browsing the entire list of pokemon picking one at random, he has the pokeballs to do that.
Agree. And seeing how really popular Pokemon like Deoxys, Meowth, Munchlax... and even Gardevoir, who appeared on Sakurai's poll, have been pokeballed, Machop's chances of being made playable are 0,0001%

So LUCARIO FOR BRAWL! ...And Darkrai for SE boss

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Machop over machamp because machamp seems like he would be rediculously overpowered
-Machop so that he can be a smooth balance of priority and timing, while if you need cheaper moves, machoke you can use
-And Machamp as FS form (Fast strong and powerful with much more unique B moves)
--Works like zerosuit samus- Until Machamp dies he stays as is

Top Bottom