• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAC] Smash Tools for Mac - BrawlBox, CSS Organizer, CodeManager!

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone! Flafla2 here with some GREAT news! I am from the previous BrawlBox and CSS Organizer for Mac port, and I am here with a BRAND NEW port set! Here I have for download BrawlBox, CSS Organizer, and Code Manager for Mac OSX!

Screenshots

BrawlBox:

CSS Organizer:

Code Manager:

Installation

BrawlBox and CSS Organizer
In order to install BrawlBox or CSS Organizer for Mac, you first need to install XQuartz. XQuartz is an extension of the X Window System for mac. This used to be included on Macs (pre-OSX 10.7 i believe) as the X11 application. XQuartz must be used because the default X11 implementation is not compatible with BrawlLib for some reason.

- First, download and install XQuartz here: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/
- Download BrawlBox or CSS Organizer below
- Extract and run!

Bugs:
- Brawlbox's model loader turns black whenever pulling out a section or resizing the window. You can, however, see a mask of what would be rendered if you change the background color. Additionally bones still render.
- CSS Organizer doesn't recognize mouse releases when you are in the open file window (by the time you release the mouse the window will have gone away). Just click anywhere in the window before trying to move anything around or select anything.

Code Manager
Code manager doesn't use Kyral's BrawlLib, so you do not need to use XQuartz.

- Download Code Manager below
- Extract and run!

Download

XQuartz is required for BrawlBox and CSS Organizer: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/
BrawlBox: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9u46adqivs5rbv6/BrawlBox.zip
CSS Organizer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5w044wm0f68dnhz/CSS%20Organizer.zip
Code Manager: http://www.mediafire.com/download/760rkzd70gtbjdz/Code%20Manager.zip

If anyone could put up mirrors it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
<- was one of the people who downloaded the previous Mac ports.

I've since switched to a new Macbook, downloading BrawlBox at the moment. Thanks a plenty. :)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I did download that before I downloaded BrawlBox. From what I've seen so far, it works a whole lot better than the last version, even with the model bug.

Haven't fiddled around too much with CSS Organizer, so I can't say a whole lot about that.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Why is it that my download cuts out halfway though? It thinks it's downloaded, but it just says "No such file or directory"

Ratchet99

Smash Rookie
Hi guys I really want to download Brawlbox for Mac but I cant download it. I somehow downloaded another thing instead of brawlbox and could you upload BrawlBox on another site, please?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Does the Model Editor / Animations Editor work?

EDIT: Never mind. I actually decided to read the OP (that's a first).

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much!

Is there any chance that the model loader bug could be fixed someday?

NessFTW

Smash Rookie
It Says The Upload Is Too Much For The Daily GB, Do we HAVE to update because, i want brawlbox for FREE not paying a membership :mad:
Thanks, ~:ness:NessFTW:ness2:~

Edit: Started To Download, OVER 2-5 HOURS?! How Big Is The Application?!

Last edited:

meow

Smash Apprentice
Can you update the BrawlBox version to .71? I tried to myself but it said I needed .net framework 4.0.30319.

AethanThorson

Smash Rookie
Greetings, I created an account to say what I have to say.

When you click the link, it is labeled as "MediaFire". But it opens on a websites named "RapidShare".

So I came to the conclusion that there was an error in the links, then I proceeded to Copy/Paste the text.

It worked. I have all the needed downloads, and am working with them right now.

You're welcome.

Enjoy.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
File wasn't found on RapidShare. You might want to reupload it using Mediafire. Everyone uses Mediafire, and it's easy to setup. By the way, hope you're still working on this - I can't make wrappers.

Edit: Just copy and paste the actual link, not the link location.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Can someone help me to get my css to look like this please?

MalStar1000

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry for such a bump, but I'm trying to use this port of BrawlBox on OS X Yosemite, and I've noticed that it's only v0.63d. Is there a way for me to upgrade it to 0.71?

Edit: Never mind, I got it working.

Last edited:

Lhivorde

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry for such a bump, but I'm trying to use this port of BrawlBox on OS X Yosemite, and I've noticed that it's only v0.63d. Is there a way for me to upgrade it to 0.71?

Were the rapidshare links working for you? They are broken for me.

Exopl0x

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the bump, but I've got a solution to the broken links.

It's some wierd thing that it goes to an entirely different website, despite the link saying "mediafire".

You have to copy the link itself, go to a new tab, and then paste it.

It should bring you to the Mediafire website, instead of RapidShare.

The file should be open and dowloadable.

Have fun!

nimigoha

Smash Ace

How did you get 0.71 on Yosemite?

Bag'O'Nuts

PM4LIFE
I downloaded and installed everything but when I open Brawlbox, xII opens and nothing comes up. What do I do?

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Anyone have Brawlbox working on El Capitan? Mine's not very functional.

GuardianGallade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crazyhairdude
3DS FC
3325-2538-6421
Rapidshare has been out of business for nearly a year. There is so much I want to do with these programs, and I would really appreciate it if new links were put up.

Midnight_B1u3

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone! Flafla2 here with some GREAT news! I am from the previous BrawlBox and CSS Organizer for Mac port, and I am here with a BRAND NEW port set! Here I have for download BrawlBox, CSS Organizer, and Code Manager for Mac OSX!

Screenshots

BrawlBox:

CSS Organizer:

Code Manager:

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get BrawlBox running like this in X?

Midnight_B1u3

Smash Cadet
I tried using Wine, which was a huge mess, and I see this and it's all nicely wrapped and whatnot, but when I open the app, I get an xterm. (terminal). How do I get it running all beautiful like this?

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
Would it be possible to get a mac port of Super Sawndz? I can't seem to be able to properly insert .wav files with it running on wine.

Top Bottom