• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1,7,15,18] PikMafia - The End! Scum Wins!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
VOTE SWORDS

Sorry I was so quiet today. I had to work all day and then had an evening RPG game.

I know we were given another day b/c of errors, but I'm here and I think we're all ready to hammer. If this is a bad move, I'm sorry, but I think it's the right play.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
VOTE SWORDS

Sorry I was so quiet today. I had to work all day and then had an evening RPG game.

I know we were given another day b/c of errors, but I'm here and I think we're all ready to hammer. If this is a bad move, I'm sorry, but I think it's the right play.

M.K

Level 55
Final Day 2 Vote Count!

Swiss- McCloud
(
)

SwordsRBroken- Chacotaco, Riddle, Chuckie, Tandora, Kirbyoshi
(
)

Not Voting- Swiss, Zensei,
(
)

The rotting smell of Olimar's dead corpse attracted many beasties of the Pikmin Planet. Red Bulborbs and Dwarf Bulborbs surrounded the corpses of Olimar and Louie and took turns biting parts of the spacesuit off for sustenance. Bulbears herded their young to bite into Olimar's head, tearing out his eyeballs and destroying the soft cartilidge of Louie's gigantic nose.

As the beasties snacked on the corpses, an army of multi-colored Pikmin hid behind a Pellet Posy and plotted their attack. The group was very loud and obnoxious, the Red Pikmin fought with the Blue Pikmin on how to take down the Bulbears, while a small group of Yellows skipped over to the nectar pools. The Purples lounged on the ground behind them, not caring to even attempt to take down the beast, and the Whites stood firm.

The argument on how to take down the Bulbears began to grow increasingly loud. By now, the Bulbear had herded her young around the corpse and stood glaring at the Pikmin group. The mother's pupils glowed red with anger, and the Bulbear charged.

One Red Pikmin stood up above all the group and laughed maniacally. Running to the front of the group, the Red Pikmin commanded the attention of his comrades.

"YOU FOOLS!! If we take your course of action, I'll blow up and murder half my teammates! Do you want that? Do you think this is right? What is your problem? Are you dense? Do you have nectar in your ears?" the Red Pikmin bellowed as his nose bulged ever farther from his face.

"I WILL LEAD THIS COALITION OF PIKMIN. I, THE RED PIKMIN, WILL COMMAND AN ARMY SO FEARLESS, SO CUNNING, NOBODY WILL DARE MESS WITH US. NOW PIKMIN, GET-"

From the sky, a set of jaws plunged at the ground, snapping onto the body of the Red Pikmin. The bulging red veins in the eyes of the Bulbear glowed the same color as the blood now dripping from the corpse of the devoured Red Pikmin. The Pikmin group ran in fear of the Red Pikmin's claim--yet, in fact, the creature showed no sign of actually exploding. The Red Pikmin had lied to them, he was not of good taste. Or, perhaps he was.

SwordsRBroken, the Red Pikmin, the Mafia Goon, has been lynched!

The Pikmin Planet falls into Night Two! Please send all night actions and don't post in this thread!

Night Two will end when all night actions have been sent in OR on July 10th, 2010.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Via request.

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value=""http://www.youtube.com/v/cLle4haCKb4&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cLle4haCKb4&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

M.K

Level 55
Night 2 Ends! Day 3 Begins!

Upon the sunrise of an ever pleasant morning on the Pikmin Planet, we find a group of Pikmin engaged in battle with the Emperor Bulblax that rules over the Distant Spring. With every gulp, the Emperor Bulblax ingests numerous Pikmin friends, and those still alive tremble in fear of the monstrous beast. Of course, Yellow Pikmin are nearly always sacrificed because of their ability to hold bomb rocks and damage the Emperor as they are swallowed.

The group of rowdy Pikmin grabs a Yellow Pikmin from the crowd, straps a bomb to his chest, and yanks him into the middle of the battlefield.

The Emperor lets out a gigantic roar and lashes his gigantic purple tongue up into the air. The slimy behemoth licker crashes down onto the Yellow Pikmin and his bombrock, swallowing both whole.

With a slight bang and a puff of smoke, the bomb rock detonates within the Emperor Bulbax. His eyes begin to bleed and his tongue falls from his mouth, still speckled with the remains of Pikmin once swallowed. As the group of Pikmin watches the Emperor fall to the ground, dead, they see the little white flower of the swallowed Yellow Pikmin attached to the side of the monstrous tongue. This yellow Pikmin's sacrifice was in vain, but such is the life of the Pikmin creatures.

Chacotaco, the Yellow Pikmin, the Town Tracker, has been killed during the night!

Night 2 ends and Day 3 Begins!
With 7 Alive, it Takes 4 To Lynch!
And for anyone interested, yes, the reccomended strategy to beating Pikmin 1 is the literal sacrifice of 25-30 Yellow Pikmin holding bomb rocks (the only Pikmin that CAN hold them are Yellows) this is actually the most viable way to damage the behemoth.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bah, go town.

Glad to see my gut was right on Swords though.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I did a little research during N2. I think our best bets are either Zensei or Mccloud today. Neither of them had a final vote on Swords. Swiss didn't either, but after rereading his posts, I think he sincerely just misread Green and is town.

Are we thinking two or three mafia members since there was an indy?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I still think there's 3, but if there's 2, it makes it easier for us. Not sure why it matters strat-wise.

Vote: Zensei

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I still think there's 3, but if there's 2, it makes it easier for us. Not sure why it matters strat-wise.

Vote: Zensei
I would feel more comfortable listing why I feel confident certain players are town if we think there were only two scum.

Kirb, why did you choose Zen over McCLoud?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
The choice between the two was purely flavor-based. I'm thinking that it makes sense that all Mafia are colors.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Kirby what is with you and chaco basing all your cases on flavor? Also what makes you believe that is the case?

@Tanny- I disagree with you on this. To me it's more likely that scum was on the wagon at that point especially since they knew that he wasn't really a bomb. We all knew Swords was the best lynch for D2. The only reason why I didn't hammer is because I was in the idea that you might possibly be scum along with Kirbyoshi. If swords was a bomb then there was a possibility that we could have caught at least one scum. I was going to risk killing myself when I knew it would only cost town 2 lives if Swords was a bomb. I might have hammered had you not, idk. Also McFox was V/LA so that's understandable (I would like to here more from him though. He's been the least active in this game). It took 5 to lynch and there was 9 people. You can't expect everyone to have been on the wagon. It's kind of suspicious to me that you're even coming up with this point that one of the people not on the wagon = scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Chukie. You said that the only possibility for you and Chaco is that you are either both scum or both town. Explain why this is the case?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
@Zensei: Well, it's no longer the case. With swords actually being the blue pikmin (and not some pikmin related antagonist) I believe flavour is almost irrelevant at this stage of the game.

You see, I assumed that most Town players would be Pikmin, but some of the Pikmin colours not in the game, and just given as safe claims for mafia to use. BUT now we know that that mafia can be pikmin as well.

Basically, I am confirmed as the Purple Pikmin from Taco's results. However, this is no longer a "100% clear" as I thought it would of been (because of the blue pikmin flipping scum). So everyone knows I am the purple pikmin, but I can no longer say I am 100% Town, because of Sword's flip.

Therefore, I am forced to believe that flavour has basically NO weight on players alignments, and we need to lynch people based on scum reads rather than flavour.

Kirby said:
Kirby said:
The choice between the two was purely flavor-based. I'm thinking that it makes sense that all Mafia are colors.
So you're implying that Myself/Riddle/Zensei are ALL scum. Even though Chaco flipped town? Terrible logic, you're either scum or dumb.

FOS: Kirby

I need to discuss my own suspicions with Kat more in depth (no vote at this stage), but please, drop the flavour stuff.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@Tanny- I disagree with you on this. To me it's more likely that scum was on the wagon at that point especially since they knew that he wasn't really a bomb. We all knew Swords was the best lynch for D2. The only reason why I didn't hammer is because I was in the idea that you might possibly be scum along with Kirbyoshi. If swords was a bomb then there was a possibility that we could have caught at least one scum. I was going to risk killing myself when I knew it would only cost town 2 lives if Swords was a bomb. I might have hammered had you not, idk. Also McFox was V/LA so that's understandable (I would like to here more from him though. He's been the least active in this game). It took 5 to lynch and there was 9 people. You can't expect everyone to have been on the wagon. It's kind of suspicious to me that you're even coming up with this point that one of the people not on the wagon = scum.
You were on the wagon at one point when Swords was at L-1. Then you unvoted and Swords attempted to hammer himself which only dug his grave deeper with his final comment. If you hadn't jumped off the wagon, then you wouldn't have been in a position to worry about whether to hammer or not.

And what do you mean you might have hammered? If Swords was the best lynch for D2, you shouldn't have had hesitation on the lynch. Even with his claim of bomb, the best lynch is tautologically the best lynch.

It shouldn't be suspicious to think scum don't want to vote for their teammates. Yes, bussing is an option, but it's not the only option. My suggestion to look at the non-voters is a valid method of looking for scum. Considering you left the wagon, we can both have what we want too. I want someone who wasn't voting when Swords was lynched. You want someone who was on the wagon.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
@Zensei: Why do you believe scum are more likely to have voted the now confirmed scum Swords? Especially, consider that if our game mod hadn't been so lenient, we were less than 2 hours away from a No Lynch. Would town players honestly let it go down to the wire like that? Swords' self vote -> unvote is incredibly indicative that scum were trying for a No lynch imo.

Both you and Swiss (and McCloud although he said he was V/LA) danced around the wagon far too much for my liking. Why were you content enough to post (and not vote) with 12 hours before the deadline if you weren't around when the hammer fell?

No townie who wanted to see a Swords lynch should of been ok with relying on someone else to hammer (so close to the deadline), especially if you aren't going to be around to see it go through.

YesterDay, town didn't know whether or not Swords was a bomb, but trying to label people who voted to lynch scum as "more likely to be scum"... it just doesn't make sense.

And it's WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM either way.

Is Tanny trying to get Town status by hammering her scummate, and then proceed to get rid of non voters the next Day?

Or was Zensei banking on his scummate Swords not getting lynched, and toDay is trying to lynch all those on the wagon for "bussing"?

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Zensei: Well, it's no longer the case. With swords actually being the blue pikmin (and not some pikmin related antagonist) I believe flavour is almost irrelevant at this stage of the game.

Vanz, Swords was Red, Riddle claimed blue.

Red is a traditional mafia colour, also.

I think flavour could be used a bit..it's what it's there for, but we should never, regardless of the flavour, base lynches entirely off that.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Also Zensei, your #573 looks almost like a carefully conceived trap to catch me. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to figure out the answer I gave you by yourself, why did it have to come from me?

Side note: I keep forgetting to post in plum, but the last few posts have been Vanz regardless

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Ninja'd

@Swiss what are you thinking in terms of how to proceed toDay? Anything scummy from Tanny or Zensei?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ninja'd

@Swiss what are you thinking in terms of how to proceed toDay? Anything scummy from Tanny or Zensei?
I'm going to have to re-read to be honest with you. I can't really remember this game the night took that long.

I've made it clear I don't like Riddle. As for Tanny and Zensei...give me an hour.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Done a re-read of the last few pages.

Vote Riddle

Didn't like Tanny's play yesterday, Zen doesn't seem to scum hunt.

Tanny -what are your plans for the day? Who do you want to look at? What do you think Sword's flip reveals?

Zen - What scumhunting have you done, what have you learned from this?

Can we lynch Riddle, plz.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Vote: Kirbyyoshi

I didn't say that. Nameclaiming maybe, but not roleclaiming. I think Swords' claim is legit. However, after being in Star Wars Mafia, with a scum doublevoter (actually played by our mod, iirc [/modmeta]), I'm slightly less inclined to believe Chuckie's roleclaim.
Interesting.

And look at this Swords quote directed at Kirby

I don't think you are scum, but i'm sure tanny is scum.

Will be willing to lynch riddle or tanny.

unvote Vote: Tanny
Okay...

@Zen: I believe Chuckie said that RBY all started in the on position.
Also@Zen: So, just to be clear, you are of the opinion that all colors are town, correct?

I personally think some colors are scum and some are town, based on the fact that I believe both Tanny's and Swords' claims atm.

@Tanny, could I get a nameclaim from you?
Not liking this at all. More evidence for a Swords/Kirby team mirite? Also Kirby, why the change in stance from "some colors are scum and some are town" to all scum being colours?

Chaco, if you would like to discuss this further, I suggest you unvote. If Tanny is scum, it may save us a townie (one that scum doesn't want to kill, lest they lose one of their own).
Telling others to get off the Swords wagon, when it's really close to the DEADLINE? Based on SHAKY FLAVOUR? And "based on the fact that I believe both Tanny's and Swords' claims atm."

Yep, looks like scum to me.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Swiss I just realised that I should of also mentioned Kirby in my #581. That was highly unintentional

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
It throws me off that Swords would make a point of saying "Tanny and Riddle are both scum" (paraphrased). I got a lot of vibes from both Tanny and Riddle that they were defending eachother a bit, e.g. (direct from my notes)

"I'm much more down for a Kirby bandwagon out of those. I don't see why you would pick tandora" (Riddle #136).

Tanny #253: Says that Swiss is more likely to be scum than Riddle, EVEN THOUGH Riddle instigated the argument. Implies that it isn't scum vs scum (indirect defending of Riddle).

Also, Tanny's #59 looks like an early distancing attempt.

So yeah I could definitely see them both as scum, which is why Sword's play feels like a massive mindgame. But he did it before he claimed, when he might of being trying to survive by switching the wagon to Tanny, so uh, I dunno >.<. I want to discuss alot of things with Kat, but we're never on at the same time :(

Riddle

Smash Lord
chuckie said:
Tanny #253: Says that Swiss is more likely to be scum than Riddle, EVEN THOUGH Riddle instigated the argument. Implies that it isn't scum vs scum (indirect defending of Riddle).
I don't get the capitalization of even though. Is instigating arguments scummy? What if Tandora just agreed with me?

Swiss, what is the basis of your case on me?

Swiss

Smash Lord
How about you re-read last time you asked for the case, and the time before that.

I haven't re-made the **** thing since D1, though I will.

Gonna do an ISO on you now.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Done a re-read of the last few pages.

Vote Riddle

Didn't like Tanny's play yesterday, Zen doesn't seem to scum hunt.

Tanny -what are your plans for the day? Who do you want to look at? What do you think Sword's flip reveals?
WTF was wrong with my play yesterday? Weren't you one of the most vocal about making the most use of our day before lynching? I admit I did not clearly state I would be voting around 10:30pm, but I did state that I would vote after as much time as possible. Don't you think if I was scum I would have made use of the extra day the mod gave instead of killing my scummate?

I want to look at Zensei the most. He jumped off the bandwagon and then claims he would have gotten back on except it would have lynched Swords. If he hadn't left "the best lynch" then he would not have been in a position to worry whether or not to be on the lynch.

I haven't played Pikimin so I cannot make judgments based on flavor. The fact that Sword's color claim was true makes character claims more shaky, right? Despite this rationale, I am curious about Kirbyoshi and Mccloud's claims since they have not made theirs yet.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Tandora;10720444Don't you think if I was scum I would have made use of the extra day the mod gave instead of killing my scummate? [/QUOTE said:
WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM

You know we wanted you to hammer due to scum suspicions on you? I don't think you hammering late cancels this out, do you?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM

You know we wanted you to hammer due to scum suspicions on you? I don't think you hammering late cancels this out, do you?
I understand that. I also understand I've been doing extensive scumhunting the whole game. What do you want me to do to prove my innocence? Every request that has been made of me, I've fulfilled completely.

You wanted a role claim? Done.
You wanted me to risk being bombed? Done.
You want me to do anything else? Fine, done.

The one request I will refuse is to self-vote. I don't do that ever. It's a lousy way to play the game and one I don't condone.

You know why? I have nothing to hide. You want to lynch me today? Bring it. But be sure to hit Zensei Tomorrow.

Top Bottom