• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lyn and Hector have the most support stateside I think, but Ike's got it oversees, which is too bad because Ike is so similar to SSB:M roy... Lyn and Hector are very different

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How about Sigurd, Celice, or Leaf?

Perhaps a popular character from the older games like Oguma or Holyn?

The first strong female fighter was Ayra of FE 4, and she's also the first Swordmaster and one of the few that isn't complete garbage. She's very popular, too. I'd rather see her than Lyn. Meteor Sword would be a pretty cool skill of hers to put in SSBB.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Non lord characters don't have much of a shot really. Oguma, Holyn and Ayra are, by their very definition, minor characters.

Lyn is the first female main character.... I guess there's Cilica and Lilina, but I can't fathom the latter gettin in and I don't know too much about the former

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Karla is a terrible piece of garbage and not even an important character.

Karla, however, does marry Bartre and give birth to Fir, one of the few powerful Swordmasters in Fire Emblem history. In FE 6's hard mode, she gets a strong boost to her base stats since she starts off as an enemy.

Edit: Lyn's the first female Lord, but that's all she has going for her. Ayra's royalty, popular, and powerful; she's fine for SSBB.

Celica is garbage and FE 2 sucked, and Lilina had nothing but MAG and was total trash in every other statistic(decent LUK and RES, though).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Doesn't matter, Ayra isn't a major character, thusly, she's not getting in. She's not even unique since she's no different than any other swordmaster.

Lyn is actually her own character with her own sprite, stats and unique class. Also, she's an important character. The only other Female lord is Eirika and there is no way that she's making it. All characters from FE:SS had personalities with as much depth and dimension as a piece of cardboard. Plus, she's basically just a female Eliwood.

Lyn = only female from FE with a shot of making it.

Lyn is credited with bringing Fire Emblem to America by being the first character in an American FE game. Seriously the only characters with shots from america are her, Hector and maybe Ike

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ayra was a main character. She was of Isaacan royalty and the first Swordmaster ever. .__.

I agree that Lyn is more likely, but Ayra's way more awesome.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Gah but not everyone who is going to play Brawl has also played anything before FE7. I still have no idea what Marth's story ever was and I probably never will. Lyn would be better and more people in the states would be familiar with her.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So what? Falco is 10x more awesome than Fox, but if it were between the two of them, who do you think would make it in?

Look at SSB 64 for the answer.

Minor characters shouldn't make it in before main characters. You may like Ayra better, but she doesn't stand a chance of making it before Lyn

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So what? Falco is 10x more awesome than Fox, but if it were between the two of them, who do you think would make it in?

Look at SSB 64 for the answer.

Minor characters shouldn't make it in before main characters. You may like Ayra better, but she doesn't stand a chance of making it before Lyn
Well, duh. I already said that I agree that Lyn is more likely. I'd just prefer seeing Ayra.

What does Ayra look like anyways? I need to make an analysis...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I hate how the Sol Katti weighs so d@mn much. Lyn loses so much attack SPD from using it, that it's pretty much a useless weapon unless it's used against the fire dragon and she caps her SPD. >_>;

The Mani Katti is pretty amazing, though.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Well, duh. I already said that I agree that Lyn is more likely. I'd just prefer seeing Ayra.

Its safe to say tha Everyone in Japan would prefer a Ira to Lyn, seeing as Ira is the most popular female character in japa, whereas lyn has not eve a 10th of any other lords fanbase.

Lyn may be popular in the western countries, but in the east she has little to no support. Which is why I cant see Sakurai adding her...Ira on the other hand comes from the one of the most imported game from japan...

I came across many Ira movesets, havent seen any for Lyns except in American fan-sites.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Ayra's still minor. Lyn plays a major part in FE7, which is why she'll get in before Ayra.

And didn't Sakurai say he was looking for characters that were popular internationally?

But, to each his own, I guess...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ayra = royalty of Isaac, Shanan's aunt, mother of Lakche and Skasaha, and one of the few characters that probably survived Alvis's ambush.

She's the first Swordmaster of Fire Emblem, and one of the few that isn't garbage.

I fail to see her as being a "minor" character.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Minor or not, internationally popular or not, I don't think it will have any influence in Sakurai's desicions. I laugh in the face of anyone who's think they know what choices will be made. I say, expect anything. And deal with it. (chances are you might have to.)

Its safe to say tha Everyone in Japan would prefer a Ira to Lyn, seeing as Ira is the most popular female character in japa, whereas lyn has not eve a 10th of any other lords fanbase.

Lyn may be popular in the western countries, but in the east she has little to no support. Which is why I cant see Sakurai adding her...Ira on the other hand comes from the one of the most imported game from japan...

I came across many Ira movesets, havent seen any for Lyns except in American fan-sites.
You don't relize that Sakurai is taking the U.S. into consideration as well.

Even though you have those facts,Sakurai stated that adding only characters by great popularity,do not intrest him.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ayra = royalty of Isaac, Shanan's aunt, mother of Lakche and Skasaha, and one of the few characters that probably survived Alvis's ambush.

She's the first Swordmaster of Fire Emblem, and one of the few that isn't garbage.

I fail to see her as being a "minor" character.
she's a generic ally... hmm... there you go... minor character

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
For reals.

I mean, Lyn is probably one of the most supported characters stateside alongside Krystal, but Japan is not a fan.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
In Australia, Europe and the states Lyn is loved but in Japan she is not so if they want this game to sell sell sell then adding Lyn would be a wise desicion because if you add a pokemon then you have the whole Japanese market.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If any new sword toting Fire Emblem character comes in then I think no old sword toting Fire Emblem characters should come in (meaning axe Marth and Roy). I think at most there should be two Fire Emblem characters and they should wield different weapon types.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
At most 2 fire emblem characters? There has been 9 games in the series. Axe Marth? He is the Fire Emblem poster boy! I wouldn't mind if there were 5 FE sword users provided they were all different playstyles.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Lol taking Marth out and putting other FE characters would be sorta like, killing Link and replacing him with ralph <_< (I think thats his name)

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
You don't relize that Sakurai is taking the U.S. into consideration as well.

Even though you have those facts,Sakurai stated that adding only characters by great popularity,do not intrest him.
I did, I said that FE4 is one of the highest imported games on the SNES console in America, im sure that makes her more known in america than you think, and why alot of american's support Ira.

Sakurai probably knows about FE4 import rate and how popular Ira is not only in japan but Worldwide

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ira may be more popular than Lyn in Japan, but that's it. In america, it's not even close

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lol taking Marth out and putting other FE characters would be sorta like, killing Link and replacing him with ralph <_< (I think thats his name)
No it wouldn't. Link is in all the Zelda games. Marth is in 2 I think out of all the Fire Emblem games.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
True, But Lyn does hold more popularity worldwide than you think

Marths not going anywhere, no way would Sakurai be stupid enough to take Marth off, hes not stupid.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai was thinking about adding Sigurd in instead of Marth until he was instructed to add Marth. So Sakurai apparently didn't think that Marth was even the best addition to represent the Fire Emblem series.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sakurai was thinking about adding Sigurd in instead of Marth until he was instructed to add Marth. So Sakurai apparently didn't think that Marth was even the best addition to represent the Fire Emblem series.
He was thinking of putting in Sigrud but instead of Roy not Marth, Marth was always planned and so was Sigrud.

I did, I said that FE4 is one of the highest imported games on the SNES console in America, im sure that makes her more known in america than you think, and why alot of american's support Ira.

Sakurai probably knows about FE4 import rate and how popular Ira is not only in japan but Worldwide
So america and Japan is worldwide is it? Of course it is because there is no where else in the world even inhabitable.

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ They do but I doubt its gonna be that obvious this time around. Remember they got a system with a majority of the gaming community saying "wtf??" they're gonna try and cator to everyones needs.

Top Bottom