• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

Black/Light

Smash Master
Baron_54 said:
Of course they would rate Nino 1st..
*cough*pedos*cough*

As for Presea... yeah, I really don't think so. She's no main character, in one game that wasn't such a hit. That is third party. Looks pretty bleak...

Oh, Sorry bout that. I forgot that this is not the nintendo forums so people don't know that I REALY want ToS characters in SSBB. :psycho:

But seeing that they have Snake (A 3th party character) I wouldn't put it pass them. It's a very popular game that, like many other games, got very lil exposure so not many people that are not interested RPGs would know of it.

But if they were to put in ToS characters I would want Loyld, Presea and Shenna because of their diversity and weapon play.

fireyredmystic

Smash Cadet
Although Lyn does have a great back story to her. She doesn't give me the 'vibe' or royalty that is portrayed by Eliwood. It's true that the game needs more female characters, but Lyn doesn't do it for me as far as excitment. However, I must also state that she has much more appeal than the twins, Ephraim and Erika.

Sorry, E&E fans, the green hair really freaked me out.

frogfusious

Smash Cadet
If Roy is dropped, as many have speculated, adding Lyn wouldn't really be increasing the number of swordfighters, merely replacing another sword character. In that case, I'd love to see her in SSBB.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah Lyns bow really makes it more likely since it's not "another sword" only. It's actually possible Lyn would play a similar role to what Y.Link/Fox played in Melee....that being the speedy fools with long ranged projectiles for annoying. Who knows, I want her in it since she's cool and good looking and all...but if Japan don't agree..:(

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Lyn would be the best! Just replace someone with her. Like.... ROY!!!!! Maybe. Or they could add Elincia. She's pretty cool, and maybe an attack would summon her steed and she could ride it for a certain amount of time!

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
Lyn would be a lovely addition. I already anticipate the removal of marth or roy (there almost exact copys!!) so another FE charector is okay in my book.

She has her bow for long range and sword for up close. Nice shange up from marth and roy being all up in yur face.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Might as well add Hector, then. The fact that he uses an axe is a plus for him.

I would say Liliana, but she's a magic user, and a Zelda clone wouldn't be all that great. But Zelda was never that defined to begin with, so I don't know about that.

I say we add Leaf.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Hector has far less of a chance of being a clone. Before you say that "Lyn won't be a clone because of a different fighting style," I'd like to mention that Roy is supposed to be a fencer like his father Eliwood. Look what happened to him. With an axe, there's comparatively no chance of being a clone.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Roy didnt fence when he wielded the SOS, the weapon wasnt designed for fencing

All lords besides Eirika slash rather that stab with their legendary weapons

Miharu

Smash Hero
Manashima said:
Roy didnt fence when he wielded the SOS, the weapon wasnt designed for fencing

All lords besides Eirika slash rather that stab with their legendary weapons
However, Roy used a rapier-style weapon for everything else. But SoS still rocks.

Ephraim stabs.

Lilina was a magic user.

But I'd rather have a axe or spear user in SSBB. There are too many sword users as there is.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Lyn as a playable character as she was one of my (if not the) favorite Lords in all FE games. The fact that she could use a bow when promoted would also make her more vertisile. Next to the fact that there would be no shame in having more female characters in SSBB :) .
Then again Hector and Eprhaim were cool lords too (I somehow didn't like Roy, Eliwood or Erika... ). And since PoR might receive a sequel, there could be a character or two coming from the sequel (there are just too many FE characters to choose from :cry: (hopes that some characters will be available as alternate costumes with no additional attributes).

camo-man

Smash Cadet
All you people not talking about Lyn should make a different thread called "Non-Sword FE characters for SSBB" or something. This is Lyn discussion!!!

I think the bow would have been cooler on the Wii controller, like pointing and pressing a botton to shoot.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'd love to see Lyn in Brawl but they have do something with her bow so that she don't seem similar to Link.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Lyn would be a lot different from Link, including the use of the bow. Her bow could be smaller(or bigger if you use the last one you get 4 her in the game) and could be faster, but weaker.

She wouldn't need to charge it(reason why it'd be weaker) but every once in a while it would do extra damage(like critical attacks in FFE)

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Zodiak-Lucien said:
I think Lyn would make a great addition, though I have to agree that the number of swordsman is getting far too large.
I agree, we are having too many swordsmen here. But anyone ever thought that we might also have a lot of archers (Link, Y. link, Pit and Lyn), and too many flying things (Kirby, Jigglypuff, Metaknight, Pit and maybe Ridley. Smash Bros. IS indeed becoming into an air combat game). But honestly, I don´t really care for what I just said. Im all for Lyndis at S2B2. And if we add Hector and Ephraim, we can get the weapon triforce (sword, axe, spear).

Black/Light said:
Oh, Sorry bout that. I forgot that this is not the nintendo forums so people don't know that I REALY want ToS characters in SSBB. :psycho:

But seeing that they have Snake (A 3th party character) I wouldn't put it pass them. It's a very popular game that, like many other games, got very lil exposure so not many people that are not interested RPGs would know of it.

But if they were to put in ToS characters I would want Loyld, Presea and Shenna because of their diversity and weapon play.

I could imagine doing sword rain attack(Or better yet,sonic sword rain,or inferno tempest )
I also like Rising tiger claw.....Kratos and Zellos would probably be link clones.

Anyway,Lyn is my favorite fire emblem female character.I usualy go on the Nsider boards and see a mountain of Lyndis fans.She needs to be in this game.

Besides...Lyn+Heaven seal=Blade Lord Lyn=PWNAGE!!!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'm suprised Lyn's getting so little attention here on SmashBoards. They're practically up in arms over her inclusion over at the Nsider forums - but then again, they're also desapate for Capt. Syrup... Strange...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
They should totally put her in Brawl. I think that she'd be a great addition. A female sword-wielder would have a very interesting fighting style.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I had Lyn in an ideal Brawl roster of mine (which I haven't posted yet). Given the points brought up here, she'd be a good replacement for Roy, IF he's getting the boot.

Popertop

Smash Champion
of course they're going to replace Roy with Lyn.
and most likely the critical attack thing with the bow, as someone else has stated.
And I hope to God that they replace Marth with Hector.
He really deserves to be in this game, what with his awesome pwnage, and Axe Mastery of Death. (jk)
His special could be him turning into a Great Lord, and using his legendary axe, whateveritscalled
I can't believe I forgot the name ARMADS! *whew* the lighting axe would make the most awesome special EVAR!!

The guy a few posts back broke the net for everyone.

Lern 2 us3 thu intarweb.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity does anyone prefer Ayra over Lyn? I personally prefer Lyn, but keep in mind the game's being made in Japan - where FE4's Ayra is pretty much the most popular FE female character and FE7 (Lyn's game) didn't do too well...

I guess someone beat me to the topic already....oh well.Here is why i think she would be great in brawl.

1.History

During the release of Super Smash Bros. Melee,one of the characters that were unlockable was Marth from the first and third Fire Emblem games.do to the fact that it was a practically unknown franchise,people felt skeptical about his appearance in smash bros.it was soon that the curriosity of the smash bros. players expaned to wanting to know about the Fire Emblem franchise.It was soon after that Fire Emblem 7,the first Fire Emblem game to be released in the U.S. hit the shelves of The U.S. and other eastern contries.Over a month later the game is very succesful,it featured the story about you and Lady Lyndis going on a search for his grandfather,who was betraid,and left for dead.When you encountered your first attack upon the enemy,Lady Lyndis showed her amazing speed and blade skill,it was hard for the opponent to land a single hit!!!When she lands a critical hit she is even more amazing as she warps into thin air and executes consecutive slashes upon the enemy,and you couldn't even see her,then she slides out of no where,putting her Manni Kati back into her sheath,now that is cool.as you progress through the game and level up lyndis,you get an item called the heaven seal.The item allowed you to level up any lord character you wanted.
When you level up lyndis with the item...wow,talk about a knight in shining armor,she has gone through a wardrobe upgrade and a skill upgrade,not to mention she could also use a bow!!Lady Lyndis is probably the most well known Fire Emblem character in the U.S. and Europe.This is just one reason to consider her in smash bros.

2.Fire Emblem has made a great establishment in the U.S. and Europe.

After the first Fire emblem game was released,many other Fire emblem games have been released as well.Such as,Fire emblem the sacred stones for the GBA and Fire Emblem path of radiance for the GCN.Due to this Fire Emblem characters have gotten popular to this country and others.But of all the characters in the franchise,Lady Lyndis stands as the most popular Fire Emblem charcter due to the fact she is the first to be exposed to Europe and the U.S.

3.Breaking the boundry of Sexes in Smash bros.

One of the thing that is of concern about Smash Bros. is the lack of Female characters.Due to the fact that she is the first lord in this country and eastern contries,and she is also female,it would greatly appeal to alot more people,and female players alike.

4.Unique fighting style.
Lyndis is no ordinary swordswoman,she uses an Eastern shinobi style,which is quick,swift,and deadly.She could also use archery as an alternation between melee combat to long range combat.Due to this she would have a great move set in Smash Bros.

sincerely-Eternal Phoenix

thank you.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Eternal phoenix Fire said:
When she lands a critical hit she is even more amazing as she warps into thin air and executes consecutive slashes upon the enemy,and you couldn't even see her,then she slides out of no where,putting her Manni Kati back into her sheath,now that is cool.
That proves that Lyn won't be some Marth clone.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Yes, and do you want this overpowered critical hit to be implemented in SSBB? Frankly, I think the idea of "supers" as shown in the trailers, are quite idiotic, and would ruin SSBB, making it closer to traditional fighting games.

Well, yes, Lyn is probably the most popular female FE lord in the U.S. and Europe. However, do keep in mind that SSBB is being developed/produced by Nintendo, a Japanese company. And whomever said Lyn would turn out as a Marth clone, well, should rethink his or her statement. As stated previously, they have vastly different fighting styles. It's just that we could use people that use weapons besides swords.

Such as Hector.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hydro Kirby said:
Yes, and do you want this overpowered critical hit to be implemented in SSBB? Frankly, I think the idea of "supers" as shown in the trailers, are quite idiotic, and would ruin SSBB, making it closer to traditional fighting games.
Actually, I think her normal Lord critical should be her Super.

And I don't think Supers are stupid. There are already alot of high powered items in SSBB (Hammers? Home-run bats? Bomb-ombs? Pokemon?), and since Supers are most likely to be items from what we seen in the trailer, it would be a cool new addition, since everyone would have their own Super. It's like having their unique item. That would not even bring it colser to a traditional fighting game, because SSBB will always retain it's original rules.

btw here's Blade Lord Lyn!

IMO I like the regular Lyn better, but i guess she better like that. Also heres some fanart I found interesting while looking for these sprites:

Hmm.... so thats how she looks with her hair down....

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
She looks too young in those pictures.

From the States, I say Lyn, Hector, and maybe Ike. I can't say because I didn't play FE9.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Marshigio said:
She looks too young in those pictures.

From the States, I say Lyn, Hector, and maybe Ike. I can't say because I didn't play FE9.
The only reason I'm not sure about Ike is that he's way too close to Marth in fighting style. I'm paranoid that Ike would replace Marth. So it's not Ike I'm really against, it's just the thought that he could easily replace Marth and Roy...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I don't think Marth will be going, though Roy seems likely. Marth was the first lord, and the only one to have two games.

Off-topic= I want Lyn the most out of any FE character, but I get angry because I haven't found a pic of her to put in my sig!

GenG

Smash Lord
Destruction_King said:
The only reason I'm not sure about Ike is that he's way too close to Marth in fighting style. I'm paranoid that Ike would replace Marth. So it's not Ike I'm really against, it's just the thought that he could easily replace Marth and Roy...
They are not similar. Marth's technique is stylish and efficient, while Ike's being rude and mostly self taught. You can't simply replace Marth with Ike, is like replacing Mario with Wario.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
just by the pic....YES!!!!!

YES!!

maybe i could make "hot girls for brawl" thread....

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
GenG said:
They are not similar. Marth's technique is stylish and efficient, while Ike's being rude and mostly self taught. You can't simply replace Marth with Ike, is like replacing Mario with Wario.

I dunno about the fighting styles, but I agree with the last part of your post.

Top Bottom