• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lvl 9 CPU doing dirty tricks...

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
That Smash Champ is an idiot. Any person, regardless of skill level, knows that a lvl 9 Pikachu is at the very least, annoying.

Pikachu and Jigglypuff(I CAN BEAT THEM, just not 3-0, I always die due to their gay reflexes, it's always 3-1) tend to be the only ones I have trouble with. I'm trying out Ike for now, pretty dominant.

kario_mart

Smash Cadet
hahahahaha that happend to me, but i still think the cpus are more realistic than the cpus in melee, b/c less powershielding despite the occasional dirty playing.

Borna

Smash Cadet
The greatest thing ever I have seen is on mute city
Level 9 jigly puff

SHE MINDGAMED ME!!

ok here is what happen

She floated to the bottom left, was hovering RIGHT AT THE Edge with her multi jumps, and right when I went after her to knock her out she JigglyPunched me and I was like O ****

and another time was level 9 peach

she uses a shorthop float? I swear..she was floating in short hop mode with a plant in her hand and she threw it at me cuz i was like wtf while she glided over to my screen

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I have been having the same trouble with level 9s. They have superhuman abilities. I can never land a smash attack on them and they always dodge at the very last second. I am glad the lv. 9 CPUs are stronger, but sometime they can become very annoying.

absox

Smash Rookie
lol yeah, CPUs are lots smarter now. before, you could jump above them, and they would charge their projectile or something useless, and then u could dair them and hit them hard, but now they're cheap and dirty, just like Humans. only with a hella faster reaction time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Brawl lv.3 > Melee Lv.9
Now I feel pride in saying that lv.9s are stronger than all my friends.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I was playing against a Wolf and everytime I flew off the stage he immediately attempted to edge hog, it's funny as hell.

And it sucks cause some of the distractions don't effect them. Like I put on pokeballs and Assist Trophies just for the hell of it and, out popped a nintendog.... I got the **** comboed out of me.

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
they air-dodge immediately after you do any up-air attack on them, leaving them vulnerable to another up-air. :/

Xgamer245

Smash Cadet
freaking Ganondorf edge hogged me, I got a replay.
I was like WTF?!!
He stayed on the edge for 5-6 six seconds and then when I fell he goes back up...
Its like the computer did it on purpose...

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
they're still more than easy to beat consistently due to patterns, but they do do two very annoying things that human players don't:

- They team up on you in FFA. Sure, once in awhile they 'attack' each other, but watch them; Failed n-airs and jabs. In other words, they pretend to attack each other to fool you in. Then they run up to you in rage mode, three at once.

- Footstool teching. All the god**** time. I've gotten prety good at FS teching, but the CPU does it every single time.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
captain falcon always dodges my smashes and falcon punches.............

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
CPUs also fight a lot differently than human players. They seem to have the "Capcom AI" thing going on where they simply read into your button presses (well, at least with Marth) and counter accordingly. Once I figured out how to fight the CPUs in the new game, they're pretty easy to dispatch.

The best course of action is definitely still to stick with human players, especially one who can kick your ***. Fighting someone better than you is a great way to get better at this game, because it forces you to strategize more efficiently.

And lol at the CPU stealing the CD.. that's pretty **** cruel. Never had that happen to me. I have been edgehogged/spiked by the CPUs before, really caught me off guard. The short hops too kinda scared me. Lol@CPU teching.
I'm not an amazing player, but my brothers have gotten far, far better at the game by playing against me. I used to win every match without even trying, and now I lose here and there while I am actually playing my best.

And this may not be completely true, but playing level 9s might be able to help your game in the areas of dodging and playing against your opponents dodges. Obviously, no human can avoid attacks better than the Brawl A.I. If you can watch for their dodging and learn to punish for that, you will have little trouble with a human player.

Yeah, they are A.I. and can be manipulated, but still they they are light years ahead of Melee's.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Diddy is the best CPU for my Game (idk why) and whenever i set him, even to 6, he edge-guards me....urg

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
i was playing with falco agianst a mario cpu and when i tried
to recover using the phantasm he actually used the cape on me

itsame

Smash Rookie
pikachu did the same exact thing to me when i was Olimar, only he did it repeatedly, so i lost all of my lives to multiple thunders... I have also noticed however, that pikachu is the only cpu that really poses much of a challenge because of his multiple quick and spammable attacks.
I haven't experienced that (hardly ever get hit far out ;)), but by my experience, either pikachu on lvl 9 or Snake on lvl 9 are the hardest cpu's. Or maybe i just suck against Snake.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I was playing a Zelda and got knocked off and she decided to try and edgeguard and I was like, thats not going to work, its not melee1. So as I was recovering (as pit) she dropped down from the ledge and footstooled me to my death

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Somebody told me that they were playing a level 9 CPU on Norfair, and the CPU used the repeated edgegrab release/regrab invincibility frames to completely dodge the lava flow.

That is MINDBLOWING.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I've heard people in other threads call Level 9s in this game stupid/weak. I wonder which level 9s they were playing against.
Level 9s in Brawl are actually pretty smart. They are safe as hell and know when to spam kill moves. And of course they power shield/ dodge everything and grab all items thrown at them.

Rorus Raz

Smash Rookie
The AI does not play well with spikes (regardless of level), which makes it harder to test custom stages. They try to save their second jump and DI out of them, which doesn't always work and leaves them vulnerable.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
All I've got to say is that I've finally dominated Pikachu. Stupid mouse. Go Ike! Down+B when you know your opponent is just stupid cheap.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
It seems whenever I'm versing three computers in a FFA, and I get knocked off the edge, they all edgeguard me, but don't attack each other! They have an immediate ceasefire between each other just so they can try and kill me. T_T

Pikachu might also be the most annoying CP. It's so perfect at the FS! I'm jealous.

Top Bottom