• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lvl. 9 comps are easy...

Umm The Hobo

Smash Cadet
Seriously, I can beat 2 lvl. nine comps. My little brother, who is in 5th grade can probably beat one of them. I don't even consider myself that good. Is this Lvl.9 comps thing a joke, or have a lot of people on smashboards not gotten good yet?

P.s. I am not trying to be all arrogant, although the above paragraph sorta sounds like it.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
What does beating a level 9 CPU have to do with being good? A complete noob can beat them if they know how to take advantage of their mistakes... They are CPUs, they will always be predictable and you can't play mind games with them... The only way you can tell if you are better then someone is by playing against them, not by how bad you beat a level 9 CPU compared to how bad they beat one.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
What does beating a level 9 CPU have to do with being good? A complete noob can beat them if they know how to take advantage of their mistakes... They are CPUs, they will always be predictable and you can't play mind games with them... The only way you can tell if you are better then someone is by playing against them, not by how bad you beat a level 9 CPU compared to how bad they beat one.
No, you don't get it. He's wondering why everyone's having trouble with these CPUs when he's saying he sucks at the game.

I wonder this too. The CPUs in this game are easier than in Melee.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
My name is Robert and I can't stop thinking about level 9 comps. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Level 9 comps can kill anyone they want! Level 9 comps cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this level 9 comp who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the level 9 comp killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a level 9 comp totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well, this about explains it. So uhh... Lock time?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Level 1 fighters are tougher in Brawl than in Melee (where they did almost nothing). Try to jump over a level 9 in Brawl, they'll jump to get you, which was rarely seen in Melee.

6footninja

Smash Ace
ugh ok....big point here okay? Here we go,

...coordinating of the hands and the brain is complete around age 5...so your brother who is in 5th grade beating a lvl.9 is just the ame as a 25 year old beating a lvl.9. And, as for your question, its just a matter of taking advantage of the computers. Where when you play a human, they can adapt.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Agreed... although the AI is less suicidal in this one. I notice the AI is unusually easy and there is not much of a difference between lvl 4 and lvl 9. Level 4s aren't that bad.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
My name is Robert and I can't stop thinking about level 9 comps. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Level 9 comps can kill anyone they want! Level 9 comps cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this level 9 comp who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the level 9 comp killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a level 9 comp totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
Epic win.

10 kids named Robert.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
play team battle with three of them on the same team vs. you,

and if that isn't enough, then play with handicap damage,

and if that isn't enough, play endless or cruel brawl and see how long you last.

basically there is a point at which you will lose, there are many options.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
thats not 9 its 6, your dyslexic

jk, I think level 9s are much better, and smarter... not to say I can't beat them... I just can't punish them like in melee.

kupo15

Smash Hero
They aren't that bad. I learned from a lvl 9 pikachu that it can chain grab. I haven't played all of them but Diddy seems like the hardest so far. My mistake is that I mistake the cpu as a human and expect them to adapt and stuff which is where I mess up. But they are easy once you do find a pattern and repeat it. But you CAN learn from them...

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I don't think they're easier.. I've been edgehogged by the computer multiple times..

Very annoying.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I can usually beat them easily, but for some reason.... SOME REASON.... Level 9 Lucario beats me. Quite easily.

H0lic

Smash Rookie
I get worse when I play cpu's. I get used to using the same patterns over and over again, but when I face a real human, I get killed because they actually learn when they play.

Eventually I go back to playing normally and can beat humans again. Because of all this, I haven't even tried one yet in brawl.

But at least this time around they can use AT's like chaingrabbing, edgehogging, etc.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know if they're any harder really, but they AI does seem smarter this time around compared to Melee.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
9's are much better. They don't do the whole "rinse and repeat" tactic 9's in melee did. I've seen 9's in Brawl edge hog, ledge stall and actually back off the ledge so they can attack when I roll/crawl up the edge.

Zk Hammer

Smash Cadet

i agree. power to you robert

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
i'm a big fan of the new edgehogging CPU in brawl.
they have new tricks, but at some point in every game AI just fails.
its a fact of gaming.

Boa

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely learning how to be annoying from them.

Spamming dodges in mid-air is fun!

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
I hate how often the term "mind games" is used
Wow, that sucks because it's the most important thing in a Human vs. Human match. Even more than playing a good character.

Just throwing this out there... I don't know much about the level 9 CPU's from Brawl mode, but in Classic and All Star I think they're a pain in the ***. Just as difficult as Melee's though.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
I tested every character lvl 9 against my peach. Out of all the hardest were Wario and Lucario IMO. They both got me down to 2 lives out of 8. All the rest I barely lost 3 lives on them. I don't see how that one dude claimed how he beat 2 AI on 9 in brawl tho. They dodge every **** thing in the world and shield throw like champs. Its hard to believe someone is able to do that already in brawl in just one week.

lsd

Smash Rookie
ugh ok....big point here okay? Here we go,

...coordinating of the hands and the brain is complete around age 5...so your brother who is in 5th grade beating a lvl.9 is just the ame as a 25 year old beating a lvl.9. And, as for your question, its just a matter of taking advantage of the computers. Where when you play a human, they can adapt.
I don't mean to be an a** but you're saying if a 25 and a 5 year old smash virgin duked it out then you wouldn't bet on the 25 year old?

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Lvl 9's are only easy because of the predictability. I'd say they're harder than melee because it's not as easy to punish them.

Yaya

Smash Champion
My brother played a match against a level 9 Fox, it grabbed him, back throwed him off the edge, and then attempted to shinespike him.

I am not joking.

Brawl >>>>>>>>>>>> Melee.

FlameEye

Smash Rookie
I don't mean to be an a** but you're saying if a 25 and a 5 year old smash virgin duked it out then you wouldn't bet on the 25 year old?
Depends. What if the 25 year old's never played a videogame before? What if the kid's pretty good at fighting games?

Or what if you get a bomb? Hahaha, I just wouldn't bet.

Computers are way better. From what I've seen, they'll edgehog if it looks like you won't be coming back, and even come back up immediately when they realize you're back on the stage. It seems to me they're better, as I still have trouble beating two of them in Lvl 9. Then again, most of us haven't learned their patterns yet.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
Depends. What if the 25 year old's never played a videogame before? What if the kid's pretty good at fighting games?

Or what if you get a bomb? Hahaha, I just wouldn't bet.

Computers are way better. From what I've seen, they'll edgehog if it looks like you won't be coming back, and even come back up immediately when they realize you're back on the stage. It seems to me they're better, as I still have trouble beating two of them in Lvl 9. Then again, most of us haven't learned their patterns yet.
huh? I've never been edgehogged by a CPU in my life o.O

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Nonsense, lvl 9 cpus are nubsauce, its the level 1 cpus that you worry about, im still in pain from the pwning they gave me.

Arashi

Smash Cadet
I've found that the difficulty of computers in brawl is much less significant than those in melee. In other words, a level 4 in brawl is much closer to a level 9 in brawl, while a level 4 in melee is much much weaker than a level 9 in melee.

The AI I think is better in brawl, though (kind of contradictorily) they're weaker than in Melee. I could beat a level 9 in melee about 7 of 10 times, while I could beat a level 9 about 9 of 10 times in Brawl.

It is interesting, I think.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
I get ***** by Pit AI whenever I play as Captain Falcon (I win barely more than half the time). With anyone else, against anyone else, they seem kind of easy. :S

Top Bottom