• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luma Attack Priority and that other tech I was talking about

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Ok people,
In the past couple week, I've been researching the jab design tech and, during that time, I've discovered two new techs with Rosalind. Well one tech and one quality of Luma that was unknown (I think). So, I call the quality Luma Attack Priority, or LAP for short. What it is is that, when Rosalina cannot move, as in she is in free fall, teching, in hitstun, or more, luma's attacks will be based on LUMA'S position. What this means is that, if luma is grounded and rosalina inputs an attack but cannot attack herself, lumas attack will be ground based attacks, jabs tilts, etc. No matter where rosalina is or what action she is doing, if she can't attack, luma's attacks are based on luma's position.

Now the tech. This is really weird in that I have zero idea why it works. It's just a weird quirk with the up b. So this tech revolves around the set distance luma stays away from rosa and rosalina's up Bs(any of them work). How it works is that, if luma is detethered and at the set distance and is no longer dancing, if you up b, luma will stay grounded. You can start inputting attacks for luma at the peak of the up b. Go try it out right now and get the hang of it. The only problem with the tech is that it is inconsistent. It works maybe 90% of the time but once in awhile, it won't. I haven't figured out why that is. If anyone does PLEASE PM ME. It is very important. I'll add it to this and credit you. Thanks guys.

Anyway.
By using both of these together, one can more than halve the time it takes to set up the luma jab desych and be able to aim it much more accurately, allowing easier edgeguards with the move. They really are quite useful when used in conjunction.

Well, thanks for reading. Post any other uses you find with these things below.

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Okay, a couple quick questions:

Can you can start the desync at the very start of launch star when Luma is untethered? How quickly can this be done; can you just shoot it out, launch yourself, and have the spin good to go? Does Luma not jump when you launch star from the ground? I was under the impression that it would.

I'll play around with it a bit later today, but good find. These really obscure ways the character works are good to know, and fun to style on people with.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Okay, a couple quick questions:

Can you can start the desync at the very start of launch star when Luma is untethered? How quickly can this be done; can you just shoot it out, launch yourself, and have the spin good to go? Does Luma not jump when you launch star from the ground? I was under the impression that it would.

I'll play around with it a bit later today, but good find. These really obscure ways the character works are good to know, and fun to style on people with.
Ok so ill answer these in order
1) no the desync can be started only once the launch star move has ended and rosa is in free fall
2) the fastest is if LUMA is already out
You wait until luma is stopped in the set distance and up b. Then, at the peak of up b, spam A.
3)luma usually does jump but the second tech takes care of that. For some reason, if luma is any further and has jumps, it will jump and try to reach you. If it's closer, it will be catapulted along with you. At the set distance, luma will stay on the ground (most of the time. The tech is still inconsistent). BC of this, you can very easily aim the jab desync with these two techs working together.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
interesting! rosalina has some of the most complex intricacies to her mechanics, and so much of her tricks are situational that its rare two matches with her play out the same. its hard to imagine setting this up in an actual match but if this applies to hitstun it opens up the possibility of setting this up while being hit in the air. however, i cannot recall a time luma ever did a jab while rosa was in the air, except with your upb method, which leads me to doubt it's possible. still, a good find! it would be nice to see this lead to more places. however i still have my doubts regarding the spin's use in competitive play, though im open to surprises.

Top Bottom