• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I wouldn't think that it would be too confusing. Just know which Mario Bro is taller, and that will explain things.
Yes, know which one is 2 inches taller than the other in the middle of a frantic clusterf***. I have a hard enough time telling apart characters who aren't colored similarly to each other.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't think that it would be too confusing. Just know which Mario Bro is taller, and that will explain things.
You're not going to be able to tell who's taller in fast paced fight with jumping around all over the stage.

It would work if you were standing still, but who does that?
It's clear why Mario and Luigi don't share matching colors.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least your name will clear things up, as no two players can use the same name. But I guess if both Mario and Luigi are colored red in a CPU match, that could lead to the confusion, but it's not like people allow CPUs to be in competitive matches, so that's a moot point.

D

Deleted member

That's a load of excuses and you know it.

I mean, really? Using "player names" and "No one uses CPUs in competitive matches" as a reasoning why having Mario and Luigi share the same colors is ok?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You're probably just saying that as an excuse for not wanting Luigi's recolors to change. It's just a concept after all.

D

Deleted member

Change, I have no problem with.
It's making Luigi have colors exactly like Mario or Mario's alternate colors that's the problem.
Colors are what makes people tell them apart in fast-paced gameplay. Having similar colors would ruin that.

And before you bring up Young Link, a key distinction that has you tell him from regular Link right away is the fact his legs are bare while Link has tights.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I think people can notice the physical difference with Young Link, unless they have a blurry eyesight.
Also, let's just keep Pink Luigi aight? It's one of the best outfits he has.

D

Deleted member

I guess another reason how it's easy to tell from Young and regular Link is the shield and sword. Forgot about that.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
For me there is no problem to see Mario with a Lugi outfit and vice-versa, but I don't want to Luigi's pink outfit to get scrapped.

D

Deleted member

REAL MEN WEAR PINK.

Luigi is more of a man than Mario. :troll:

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
Bro luigi is so cheap he always up bs me when I play on wifi and it annoys the crap out of me they need to fix his stupid missle attack that crap is bs. :smash:

jigglover

Smash Lord
I knew that was coming...
Mario clone in 64, semi-clone for mario in melee, clone for Pikachu in brawl! I mean they even both hae a ball thing that they throw (or launch out of their head)!!!!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wrong. Pikachu copied Luigi. He's not badass enough to misfire though.
Oddly, in Melee, Pikachu has an unused voice clip, which may imply that Skull Bash was originally planned to have a chance of misfiring. This also applies to Pichu.

Of course, it would later be a trait that only Luigi's Green Missile would have.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Green Missile is more of a troll attack anyways. I mean, how many times have we seen Luigi go flying off the screen cause it missed it's target?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I use it a safe distance away from the character, then generally roll dodge back.
It also works well when edge guarding if you get your measurements right.

Shirekeldeo7

Smash Cadet
The one thing that should change is Luigi's fireball is like Mario's fireball and that is getting really old why not change it a bit and give Luigi iceball (Ice flower powerup) and instead of his original final smash how about he uses his Poultergust 2000

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I don't know why I haven't posted here yet. :p

I love Luigi, and his ridiculous KO power, but some things need to change. =P

- Better overall speed. PLEASE. In Brawl Luigi is as slow as a slug; he's one of the slowest characters overall...

- A bit more range would be nice. Especially on his grab. Speaking of his grab, U-Throw needs to actually be useful; either kill or help combo. It throws his opponent too high to do anything.

- D-air should have at least a bigger or more hitbox to spike your opponent.

- Fireballs should be quicker and travel farther.

- This might seem like a personal issue, but maybe make Jumpless rising cyclone a bit easier? I swear everytime I did it in Brawl I just went lower no matter how fast I mashed it. X__x

BSP

Smash Legend
Something else: If green missile remains his side B, which is likely, Luigi should keep his momentum from the move even after hitting an opponent/hurt box. In Brawl, olimar can abuse the fact that he stops way too easily.

The hotbox on missile needs to be improved too. Almost any move with a bit of disjoint can knock luigi clean out of it.

:phone:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I really think his grab should be him sucking up a foe with the poltragust 3000. If not, it could still be a special, too.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I really think his grab should be him sucking up a foe with the poltragust 3000. If not, it could still be a special, too.
Oh god, I hope not. I liked Luigi's Mansion, but IMO his current moveset is fine as it is(+/- a few tweaks to fit whatever the new engine is).

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
His down B is just a clone of mario's down b that has never made into brawl.
It could make luigi less of a clone and more of a seperate character.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
His down B is just a clone of mario's down b that has never made into brawl.
It could make luigi less of a clone and more of a seperate character.
Luigi being a clone makes sense though. In the Mario series, his abilities rarely differ that much from Marios.

Edit: Also, clones aren't as big of a problem as people like to pretend they are. There's only about 5 or 6, and most of them are clones of different characters, unlike in some games(*cough* Street Fighter *cough* KoF *cough*) where all the clones are based of one moveset.

Top Bottom