• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't have to be that way. Could be a long distance pull. Think like the inverse of the pushing effect of G&W's up aerial. It could work as a gap closer for ranged characters, or a surprise reversal for edge-guarders.

Thus far all the vacuum effects we have seen thus far are not really vacuum effects at all, in the gameplay sense, and more like command grabs. You are either unaffected, or suddenly sucked in at a close range... where as there is potential for something that pulls you in with increased effect with greater proximity.
Now this would be something I could get behind. Having a pulling mechanic similar to the Fludd (except inverted) instead of a glorified grab.

D

Deleted member

Sooooooo...
Will Luigi be a character available to the start ?

(Maybe not, as Mega Man is likely to be unlocked like Snake & Sonic in Brawl.)

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't like his main picture all that much. Mario looks awesome in his, why can't Luigi?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
It's great he was confirmed so early. I wonder if any of his moves will be different.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
links boomerang in brawl had a wind effect that pulled.

but i would prefer the poltergust to be a down special.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
It's not just his abilities and moves, but his character portrayal. I hated how Brawl made him look like a complete clown. I know it's to differentiate him from Mario, but it's its not the way many would have done to do it. The Real Green L has more balls than this Loser. I just want Green L to look a little more awesome, as well as Red M smiling once and looking at the audience(That's-a so nice!)

I pray these are placeholders. If they're not, then I'm calling Sakurai lazy.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
It's not just his abilities and moves, but his character portrayal. I hated how Brawl made him look like a complete clown. I know it's to differentiate him from Mario, but it's its not the way many would have done to do it. The Real Green L has more balls than this Loser. I just want Green L to look a little more awesome, as well as Red M smiling once and looking at the audience(That's-a so nice!)

I pray these are placeholders. If they're not, then I'm calling Sakurai lazy.
The heck you talking about? He's been a clown in Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario & Luigi. It's his thing that he isn't plain like Mario. Brb, going to complain that King DDD isn't gritty and serious and call Sakurai lazy for sticking to the way he is.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
The heck you talking about? He's been a clown in Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario & Luigi. It's his thing that he isn't plain like Mario. Brb, going to complain that King DDD isn't gritty and serious and call Sakurai lazy for sticking to the way he is.
I knew that he was always bumbling and clumsy. What I mean is that I think later games flanderizes his aspect that it's easier to forget that he had some badass moments.

Also, I never saw Green L act like how does in SSB, especially considering one of his taunts.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I knew that he was always bumbling and clumsy. What I mean is that I think later games flanderize this aspect that it's easier to forget that he had some badass moments.

Also, I never saw Green L act like how does in SSB, especially considering one of his taunts.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Well to be fair King Dedede is a hilarious idiot so it fits him, but I think what he's trying to say is Luigi deserves more respect moveset wise and not have his moveset based on only his cowardly side. Luigi has had and will have more cereal moments, so he should be reflected as a hero and a clown respectively.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I knew that he was always bumbling and clumsy. What I mean is that I think later games flanderizes his aspect that it's easier to forget that he had some badass moments.

He never had any epic moments. He was just a green Mario, then got his clunky, cowardly self from Luigi's Mansion. It isn't Sakurai's fault that Luigi is a goof.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Give the Poltergust either a very quick startup/cooldown, or a very long reaching effect (like, half the length of battlefield) which drags them quickly across, so you can use it to gimp opponents and drag them under the stage, or both of those, or.... or I don't know how it can be made into a good move

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I merged the two Luigi threads.

Anyways, very glad to see my Brawl main (and my Melee and 64 secondary) revealed so early. :awesome:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the way I check on he got in its not just because of luigi a 30th anniversary witch is also the 30th birthday of super Mario brothers for the NES its also for another game release and luigi a game is Mario and luigi dream team

SonicMario

Smash Master
Luigi was no doubt going to be in the game. Just surprised he was put up so early.

Does this mean this time around Luigi's a starter?

grizby2

Smash Lord
Luigi was no doubt going to be in the game. Just surprised he was put up so early.

Does this mean this time around Luigi's a starter?
we won't really know until they tell us.
as far as im concerned, all the characters shown to us so far have only been confirmed to be in the game, NOT confirmed as starters (until the news hits us anyways.)

besides, was anyone here NOT prepared to unlock Luigi? :smirk:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Glad to see Luigi back, being my main character and all. Hoping he's a starter this time around; I would love to see him in the game's intro and whatnot.

As for gameplay, shame to not see thunder hand. I praying that he gets a speed increase in both the air and ground. I mean, his range sucks so he needs something to have a half decent approach. I want to see his flutter jump though. And the poltergust.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Don't know why everyone is so certain that he isn't getting the Poltergeist/other Mansion specials .

It seems they made a point of not showing any of his specials aside form the standard fire ball.
If anything this increases the chance because they may be purposely not showing it and saving it for a future update of its own.
If they left his specials the same they would be more likely to show them in his introduction.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
I have this REALLY cool idea for Luigi to use his Poltergeist 3000... hear me out. :nervous: What if we can make Luigi's Down B Special use his Poltergeist as a move, like how Mario uses FLUDD, and either use the Luigi Tornado as a Down Aerial or just scrap it. With the Poltergeist, Luigi can suck in his foes, as opposed to drawing foes away with FLUDD, and with the vacuum's suction power, Luigi can then blast the opponent away in any direction, almost like a throw. Well, how about it? :)

grizby2

Smash Lord
I have this REALLY cool idea for Luigi to use his Poltergeist 3000... hear me out. :nervous: What if we can make Luigi's Down B Special use his Poltergeist as a move, like how Mario uses FLUDD, and either use the Luigi Tornado as a Down Aerial or just scrap it. With the Poltergeist, Luigi can suck in his foes, as opposed to drawing foes away with FLUDD, and with the vacuum's suction power, Luigi can then blast the opponent away in any direction, almost like a throw. Well, how about it? :)
making luigi's hurricane a D-air would be luigifying him even less.
but hey, maybe his poltergust will be part of hurricane, making it possible to suck in people and get a few more hits in.
I hope poltergust makes SOME type of appearance.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Protocol son has returned..
i think you mean prodigal .

so it can suck people in like kirby/dedede. they can be ejected in any direcition like kirby/dedede.
i wonder.... if it could be an epic spike if vacuumed mid air and released downward. (insert evil maniacal smiley here) like how lucario spikes his special grab in mid air in project m.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
In the past when people have been speculating alternate costumes for Luigi, there haven't been many options besides Mr. L from Super Paper Mario. But today, another option appears in the form of Dr. Luigi, who has a pretty snazzy look. I could go for either, but something tells me that not all characters will have alt. costumes. Only characters with character swaps and characters that tend to have a lot of outfits.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, (fellow) Luigi fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters from the Mario universe that are on the poll include any that were in Brawl previously or which are newcomers to Smash 4. The locks for the (extended) Mario universe so far are Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi. Peach, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Wario, and Rosalina all need some more support before they can break into the area of "locks". I would be really, really grateful if you'd take a little time out of your day to do this short poll. Thanks ahead of time!

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Gonna miss his Mushroom Dance.

Negative Zone had just the coolest idea for a Final Smash.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's Nair, Bair, and Uair can auto-cancel, just like in Brawl (correct me if I'm wrong). I tested this during a Smashfest on the 3DS version of the game.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi's Nair, Bair, and Uair can auto-cancel, just like in Brawl (correct me if I'm wrong). I tested this during a Smashfest on the 3DS version of the game.
Neat! Is his movement speed faster at all? (Both ground and air) Does his scuttle jump affect his movement at all or is it just aesthetic feature? And has his Fair gained it's original Melee power?

Sorry, just a bit curious. I'll be trying him Saturday too regardless.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea on the Fair since I was just testing on the Punching Bag test stage and not against CPUs. I believe his jump animations with the flutter kicks (if that is what you are referring to) is just aesthetics only. Note: You can only play as Luigi on the 3DS version of the game.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just realized I posted in 2/3rds of the topics on the Luigi board here.

Go Weegee!

Top Bottom