• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Finisher?

Tallgeese*

Smash Cadet
Whenever I play as Luigi, it seems I can't get a good finishing move until the opponent is way over 100%. Forward Smash and Down Aerial send them diagonally up and usually don't KO. Down Smash sends them upwards fairly weakly, and Forward Aerial sends them forward fairly weakly as well. The only really powerful move he has is the Up Smash, which is pretty hard to land. What methods do you use for finishing opponents with Luigi at low percents?

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Well playing Luigi usually takes patience to rack that damage up and land a finisher. Other than that the only fast way to kill with Luigi is Mindgame and edgehog/guard. If you want fast kills with normal attacks try different stages. Yoshi Story is really small, you'd like it if you want to finish with a dair. Down Smash isn't really the greatest finisher but a good launcher to set up for an aerial.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Luigi has nothing as good as the fox upsmash/uair or the falcon knee. It's just fact.

His up-b has lots of power but it's unreliable to land. You can wavejab > up-b SOMETIMES but even well-executed it only works like half the time ( depending on whether your opponent reacts fast enough). that's more of a once or twice a match thing, anyway.

fair has a great KOing angle... against opponents who don't DI. Like you said, if they DI well, it's not a great finisher.

Dair fair are the best he has on most characters =\ Sorry

cba

Smash Master
Fsmash is good to finish them off, dair & fair are good too. make your opponent desperate: try to be untouchable, seem as you got it all under control.

EazyP

Smash Ace
-\\\Super Secret Expert Luigi Combo///-

WD to A Jab -> Sweet Spotted Up-B

I won a match with it today, so good

Yeah, you're not going to get a free KO most of the time, but if you work on your edge guarding, somethings just better about kicking them in the face until they can't grab onto the edge just feels awesome

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
if u want to kill your opponents with low percentage, u can grab in the ledge and throw out, then jump and fair, and edgeguard there. The other way you can kill at low percentages is to upB, and well, he thats all he`s final moves, tha bothers a lot i can say too, but i like luigi enoth to like it without having a problem with him... i know its very bothering, but, try to have patience, keep spacbetween and your opponent and wait for him to make wrong move, shielgrab a lot, and try to Utilt because u can always hit at least 2 times with that hit..

Larry Koopa

Smash Cadet
i got a good combo any luigi fan whants it its guranenti to bring over 35 damage if done right!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Michel does what I do.

Grab--> Edgegames and bairs and fairs ftw.

Larry Koopa

Smash Cadet
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\My Luigi Combo[ Luigi's path of devastaion ]////////////////////

Grab them with 0% thougth them down then used luigi's tornado{ make sure thats your oppnet hits both of it then as their in the air use luigi's fire punch { i called luigi's up (B) flamming glory }
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Thanks tell when you try this ////////////////////////////

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
you can try to up throw them and f smash that'll send them flying out of the ring then you can edge guard with b airs when they're trying to return or edge hog or somethin
i used to have that same problem of not knowing how to finish my oponent, but it's just a matter of good edge guard

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Luigi's a little bit like Jiggs. You don't necessarily need to bring them to a high percentage due to their edgeguarding, but they have a few finishing moves. For Luigi you have the Ping, Smashes, Fair, Chop, etc. Otherwise you can just cmobo them off the stage and make them stay off.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Up smash is one of his best finishers.
Agreed - and one of his most underused moves in general. It juggles fast fallers very well and his head is invincible during the attack frames (making it a semi-disjointed hitbox).

My favorite combo on C. Falcon is triple up-smash - especially when Luigi says "Yippee!!!" each time.

ToonyMan

Smash Cadet
I just meteor smash them with my dair, kills at 60% and they dont suspect it. May be difficult to perform if you dont usually meteor them. :chuckle:

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol...the most promising time for me to finish with an up b is after ive died (ironically)
You mind game them into a quick mistake by rushing them and PING...

LucKy9361

Smash Rookie
most of the time i finish them with a misfire will i am trying to come back on the stage but that is beacose i am very lucky

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well luigi isnt the most powerfull exactcly, so, the thing i do is, to send a opponten to the air and combo tem in the ar, until both of he's/she's jumps and dont leting them to come bak, thats what i more do.. ofcourse, with slow fallers, i try to save distance, and, well, try to throw them out..

scooter388

Smash Rookie
view my thread "great possibility" for my luigi finisher. 90% guarantee after practiced!

Top Bottom