• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi vs Sheik help

Brengar

Smash Rookie
I'm a fairly new luigi main (month and a half maybe) I'm decent at him the only thing i have trouble with really is rising cyclone. I can beat most of the top tier characters no problem, i get gimped a bit by fox shine occasionally, but other than that i am fine against them all except shiek, i have serious trouble vs shiek and i have no idea what to do to beat it. Vs fox or falco when they try to combo me into up-airs i just generally throw out neutral airs / down airs to avoid it, but with shiek when she uses her up-airs my nair strategy doesn't work and i end up getting juggled hardcore. I also have no idea how to approach her, if i wavedash towards her she can downsmash or throw needles to stop the wavedash and then counter, whereas if i try to go at her from the air with a bair/nair i just get knocked up into some long aerial juggle that i have almost no way to escape, So basically my question is: what are some good ways to approach a shiek as luigi. Best practices to know vs shiek as luigi. etc. thanks!

Scarlet Bean

Smash Apprentice
Wavedash in with a shield and punish, but remember to stay unpredictable. You wouldn't want your opponent getting on to your habits; as for the string of up airs, I recommend counter picking into a stage with platforms and alot of room to wavedash(Dream Land 64 and Battlefield) good luck :)

Last edited:

Hulka

Smash Cadet
If you're getting juggled with up airs, (this applies with marth too) get out of the tumble animation by throwing out an aerial, or pressing left and right on the control stick a lot (like a dash dance). Once you've done that, air dodge towards them and dodge the aerial. Down throw aeirals work great on sheik at high percents, and sheik is fairly easy to juggle, especially with up-tilts. As for to play aggressive or not, IMO I think a more aggressive play style works better. If sheik is throwing out needles, camp on a platform for a few seconds and they should approach. That's my only advice on needles. This matchup is tricky for luigi, good luck man

Shiv.

Smash Rookie
Surprisingly, Luigi's Down-B also breaks Sheik's U-Air. Considering approaches, Wavedash into turnaround grab or jab turnaround grab works if you keep your shield up while wavedashing. Wavedash Ftilt also works decently well.

Top Bottom