• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi the platform master

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
Hey

I've been thinking about trying too force more situations on platforms with this character, since we got so many quick options on platforms it seems. When can we do this? For starters, I see each time people take a stock as Luigi, they like too either:
1. Wavedash around, try outmanouver the opponent when he got invincibility. (relativly easy too get hit)
2. Waveland from ledge and hold shield (especially against fox, since confirming upthrow->upair is hard with ok DI).

- I think personally holding shield on platform between stocks could be a strong option. With shielddrop -->NIL upair/fair/bair/nair being relativly easy, why not try more use it more. This might get gimmicky if you do it each stock, but atleast trying get something out of it might be worth it.

-When we get hitconfirms from upthrow/nair/dsmash etc and send them on platforms it may be preferable too try WL on the platform @ lower % (30-50%) than reacting too the tech from below. I think we can do more dmg being on the platform getting the techchase, than reacting under with a dair/fair and get 13-16% and no followup(unless we get the dair meteor). When we can get a kill from the fair/dair or get them offstage for edgeguard, I will argue that that option as better.

I'm still experimenting with Luigi's platform options, do tell if you got any thoughts/ideas.

BTW this made me wanna write this post, maybe something we can use. Shoutouts too schmooblidon: https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/48yhvw/new_tech_dash_attack_to_pseudo_platform_cancel/

F-ric

Smash Cadet
Are you talking about the platform warp nil, if so it is definitely fun and potentially very good. Plus you can edge/teeter cancel for more style.

I also think shield drop cancels are possible. Westballz and PewPewU both can perform this technique somewhat consistently and and Luigi has 2 moves to do it with. Shield drop cancel nair is really hard to perform but it could be possible and both of these aerials are safer grounded options on a platform then most other moves.

As for ways to get people on platforms, up tilt and up smash can be di mixups and can help setup platform scenarios. I also like to use nair if I'm confident in tech chasing. I even use drop cancel nair after a waveland or NIL, which can combo into several finishers including aerial up B.

Top Bottom