• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Short Hop Platform Warp Upair

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman

Short hop > Doublejump > Upair > L-cancel, you gotta hit something for it too work

SET-UPS/WINDOWS

DJ ON short hop airborne frame # | UPAIR on doublejump frame #

BATTLEFIELD
11 - 12 | 3
12 - 15 | 2

DREAMLAND
11 - 12 | 5
12 - 14 | 4
14 - 19 | 3
18 - 22+ | 2

The windows are near identical when backwards short hopping.

You can also do this to top platforms, just doublejump near the plat, pretty easy to figure out if u know the low plat setup.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Neat.
So if my opponent is shielding on a platform and I hit his shield with platform warp up air and immediately grab, how long of a window would they have to respond out of shield between the up air and the grab?
Grab comes out on frame 7 I think so it would probably be pretty tight.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Neat.
So if my opponent is shielding on a platform and I hit his shield with platform warp up air and immediately grab, how long of a window would they have to respond out of shield between the up air and the grab?
Grab comes out on frame 7 I think so it would probably be pretty tight.
Upair has 7 frames of landing lag, and does 7 frames of shieldstun. But Platform Warp Aerials have 1 less frame of landing lag (because they land during hitlag, and freeze on the first frame of landing lag until the end of hitlag).

So it has 6 frames of landing lag, and 7 frames of shieldstun.

Deg

Smash Cadet
This is cool, you can also just use your 2nd jump to NIL in the middle of your ascention. I've had great success grabbing people in techchases using this. You can also drop from the platform and jump up with anything including platformcancled airials (great for punishing getup attack).

sskylann

Smash Rookie
im having issues with executing this tech. i cant seem get the timing down for the second jump..

Top Bottom