• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi move disussion

dot_eater

Smash Ace
I need some suggestions. Say a fox/falco is using up+B for recovery and I am pretty sure they are going to angle downward and sweet spot the ledge. I want to stay on stage because if I miss I get shined/spiked. Also, if I make my move too early they will up B straight across and not go for the ledge. What move/strategy should I use?
shuffle a dair at the edge

#1 at drexel?!!!!! mr pakman is hilarious

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
Ive been playing a lot of kirbys lately and when their trying to recover if they get under the stage and use their up+b to come up, you can use a d-tilt and itl set them up for a fair which usually kills them since theyve lost all their jumps or most of them, but i just wanted to point that out

Gea

Smash Master
Only visually. Sheik's fair hits straight horizontal (and therefore slightly downwards) while Luigi's has an upwards arc.

GreenThunder

Smash Rookie
Lately, I've been getting a lot better with Luigi's up-b, and I was wondering, if the character has over 100 damage and you use Luigi's up-b, is it a sure win? I'm only asking because I beat my friend as Kirby with it a few times and he think's Luigi is "cheap" even though I haven't used the up-b for a while since he started calling Luigi cheap, and he still thinks he is! Arrgh!

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
shuffle a dair at the edge

#1 at drexel?!!!!! mr pakman is hilarious
Mm, you'd actually have a better chance of ledgegaurding him with an f-tilt or even a forward-air depending on the degree of the downward angle.

Luigi's d-air hitbox goes further straight down than horizontally, so while it is an almost unbeatable ledgegaurd when using against an upward-angled firefox, it's not so useful for downward-angled firefox towards the ledge, because the horizontal range on it isn't quite good enough to hit fox before he gets within grabbing range of the ledge.

but yeah, that situation is probably the hardest for ledgegaurding. If you're too close to the ledge, fox is probably gonna go high and over you while you pointlessly go for an aerial at the ledge, and if you're too far away, he'll go straight to the ledge. So yeah, you're best bet is probaby the f-tilt, because of the range and quickness. Because with f-tilt, you can stand a good enough distance away from the ledge to let the fox think he's safe to go for the ledge, but then all you have to do is a fast WD towards the ledge and f-tilt him before he reaches the ledge. While at the same time, you're also covered if he goes high, because you're not right near the ledge trying to do a risky aerial, so you have time to just WD back and punish him before or during his land (preferable before)

ledgeguarding fox is like almost as fun as ledgegaurding falco though lol >_>

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
Usually isn't better to just use the double jab because of the lag from the third one? Also doesn't it not have a stun making it less easy to WD away like you say?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Double Jabs, it makes it seem predictable. If you jab twice, you the opponent will see that second jab and probably DI away/Shield. I'm not sure, but it might work.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
Luigi is my main in Melee, I like his fluid motion and fighting style. A good tech to work with is his impossible stomp. Dash toward your foe then lightly jump (just a foot or two) and immediately perform a back flip, because Luigi is a bit 'soapy' as he runs, even after tilting backward on the control stick to do your back flip, you'll continue to move forward toward your enemy. Follow up with a down smash as soon as your momentum brings you within striking range. Due to the lack of height and just pure awkwardness of this move, your opponents aren't expecting an aerial smash attack so close to the ground. It's a good way to sneak in a strong smash without risking a big entrance from above.

Top Bottom