• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Meteor Taunt

Small

Smash Cadet
Luigi's taunt comes out on frame 44 and I know it can meteor spike on the ledge, but if I were to wavedash to the ledge and use it against a recovering opponent, can it spike? i.e. A firefox, marth up-b, or other?

I've seen videos where you can spike if they are hanging from the ledge or even a recovering peach who uses her up-b and gets spiked, but are there any other uses or is it even possible to spike in the way I said above? I've spent some time trying, but I don't know if I'm just off time or if it just isn't possible.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
AFIK, Luigi's taunt has a meteor smash hit box. No matter where you are or who you're hitting. However when you hit someone on the ground, meteor smashes actually make you hit the ground and bounce up, if they're strong enough. Luigi's meteor smash on his taunt is so weak that on the ground, nothing will really happen except maybe make you flinch up until really high percents, and even using it on a recovering opponent will make them fall really slowly to the point where it's really easy to meteor cancel unless they really aren't paying attention. So it really sucks in all situations unless you're way ahead and you want a humorous KO.

With that in mind, I don't know what the hitbox on it is, but I'm pretty sure it's tiny. So you really can't hit anything except what's directly in front of you or below you. I haven't seen too much about it but I think it's best uses are against Peach, as you mentioned, if she's recovering really poorly, or against Fox/Falco, because I'm pretty sure, and correct me if I'm wrong, if Luigi's foot is already out when they try to sweetspot the ledge, they actually hit the foot and fall. I might be wrong and it doesn't do that at all, or it might work on anyone trying to sweetspot the ledge as long as they don't have invincibility frames while doing it. If you have someone who's willing to repeatedly get beat up by Luigi's taunt, I'd recommend having him/her try sweetspotting the ledge with a bunch of different attacks to see what works and what doesn't. Hope that helps.

Small

Smash Cadet
AFIK, Luigi's taunt has a meteor smash hit box. No matter where you are or who you're hitting. However when you hit someone on the ground, meteor smashes actually make you hit the ground and bounce up, if they're strong enough. Luigi's meteor smash on his taunt is so weak that on the ground, nothing will really happen except maybe make you flinch up until really high percents, and even using it on a recovering opponent will make them fall really slowly to the point where it's really easy to meteor cancel unless they really aren't paying attention. So it really sucks in all situations unless you're way ahead and you want a humorous KO.

With that in mind, I don't know what the hitbox on it is, but I'm pretty sure it's tiny. So you really can't hit anything except what's directly in front of you or below you. I haven't seen too much about it but I think it's best uses are against Peach, as you mentioned, if she's recovering really poorly, or against Fox/Falco, because I'm pretty sure, and correct me if I'm wrong, if Luigi's foot is already out when they try to sweetspot the ledge, they actually hit the foot and fall. I might be wrong and it doesn't do that at all, or it might work on anyone trying to sweetspot the ledge as long as they don't have invincibility frames while doing it. If you have someone who's willing to repeatedly get beat up by Luigi's taunt, I'd recommend having him/her try sweetspotting the ledge with a bunch of different attacks to see what works and what doesn't. Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot man!

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Most good players will meteor cancel it, but its fun to whip out during random friendlies against newish falcons lol

Top Bottom