• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi is so broken

deletedmember

Smash Cadet
Oh God, it's sad but true. His arials have insane priority (probably the best arials in the game) and are lightning fast to pull out, I'm talking like Meta Knight fast. His down smash is instant and impossible to avoid if Luigi ever pulls a spot dodge. His forward smash is outrageously powerful, and his recovery is so unfair. His down B is not only the best recovery move ever, but it also has even better priority than his arials (amazingly) and can be used to get through any move and move yourself across the entire level.

This is one cheap character. I'm calling for a ban. Anyone with me?

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Its called an air dodge and common sense. Don't be stupid while fighting him and you wont have to be all OMG BAN. If we complained about priority then lets talk about a lack of priority or people with more priority than Luigi. Sonic has about 0 priority but people still use him. Zelda has amazing priority but nobody is screaming for a ban. Seriously use some common sense when fighting and you should be fine.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Simply the thought of an olimar mainer calling luigi "broken" is enough to have me on the ground laughing.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
LOL Luigi Broken, if you want broken characters go to the Snake/Wolfs thread

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm only for banning him because I hate the character and because he is better then Mario in this one. :)

But he is far from broken and you are ridiculous for calling for one.

deletedmember

Smash Cadet
No I was just kidding. Of course he shouldn't be banned, but holy **** is he annoying. Seriously, no weak points at all. Wolf is overpowered, but he's beatable, and Snake is kind of broken too, but he's not nearly as irritating as Luigi. I don't main Olimar anymore, I switched to Toon Link and haven't changed my profile thing, but it is terrible because Toon Link is all about his arials, which are all beaten by Luigi's arials.

To the person who said to air dodge and use common sense, how do I beat him with air dodges? You can only air dodge for so long, and plus it doesn't matter because Luigi is too fast to be punishable in any way.

And yeah Olimar is pretty broken but he's so cute. You just can't be mad at him.

Shears

Smash Master
your an idiot, every character is broken to you. there isnt a single broken character in this game, snake is probably the closest to being broken and as long as you play smart you can beat him. olimar isnt broken because if you knock him off the stage and edgehog hes finished. the only thing ill give you with luigi are his quick aerials. his fair comes out so fast, but one airdodge to bair takes care of that. hes got good recovery with his downB, forwardB, and upB combination, but you can camp on the ledge and hit an fsmash on him after any of those moves, they have lag, so they are punishable. if you honestly cant beat a luigi or at least come close to a luigi you honestly suck. id put luigi mid tier as of now, i mean it could change with whatever ATs come out, but at best upper middle tier. hes not broken, you just suck!

pichuthethundergod

Smash Cadet
LOL Luigi Broken, if you want broken characters go to the Snake/Wolfs thread
I object to this outrageous statement!

I also object to the even more outrageous statement made at the beginning of the thread!

Dude, if you are maining as Olimar don't whine about anyone having better air priority than you. Also, luigi's f-smash is not to powerful. It's actually quite average and has a relatively small hitbox.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
No I was just kidding. Of course he shouldn't be banned, but holy **** is he annoying. Seriously, no weak points at all. Wolf is overpowered, but he's beatable, and Snake is kind of broken too, but he's not nearly as irritating as Luigi. I don't main Olimar anymore, I switched to Toon Link and haven't changed my profile thing, but it is terrible because Toon Link is all about his arials, which are all beaten by Luigi's arials.

To the person who said to air dodge and use common sense, how do I beat him with air dodges? You can only air dodge for so long, and plus it doesn't matter because Luigi is too fast to be punishable in any way.

And yeah Olimar is pretty broken but he's so cute. You just can't be mad at him.
toon linck is way more broken than olimar...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
He's not THAT awesome. He is very good, but it's not impossible to dodge his attacks, and the f-smash's range isn't too hard to avoid. If you wanna talk broken, lets go look at characters that pros have actually stated have broken moves.

Also, wtf is the point of this thread?

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Luigi isn't broken like Sheik, Foc, Falco,. and Peach, and Marth in Melee, or Wolf/Snake in Brawl

J4pu

Smash Champion

Snake's broken, Wolf's broken, Luigi's broken, Olimar's broken, the only mentioned character that didn't get called broken is TL.
If everybody is broken, then nobody is...

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Luigi Aint broken, he was low tier in 64 and Melee and probably mid in this game, yes TL is a broken *****. Who ever wants to fight AIM me- NinjaMunky516

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
Marth easily ***** Luigi in priority and so do many other characters with projectiles. Luigi is still slippery like no other and if he's going to attempt a firepunch out of the shield, just shield break or use some move with decent knockback, then there's no firepunch out of the shield.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I hate Luigi with every fiber in my soul, but I don't think Luigi is that big of a problem. What makes Luigi seem cheap in this game depends on which character you use against him since sakurai heavily inspired brawl with lame insane character match ups instead of actually sticking to what he said and making all of the characters completely balanced with each so that no character has any type of insane advantages over other characters.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Guys...take a look at G&W and his B-air please.

G&W is so much better than Luigi. Luigi is definitely very very good, but G&W is significantly better. Top of the top tier IMO. G&W has Smashes that are BETTER than Luigi's. He can approach indiscriminately with his B-air which destroys shields. His D-throw is the same as Fox's from melee. Also his Up-B is gross as hell because he can attack out of it.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I never considered Luigi broken or even anywhere near top tier. I have nothing new to say as to why.

C 3

Smash Ace
Luigi's awesome, but not broken. $10 says this guy is a typical noob who constantly jumps into Luigi's Nair and doesn't DI the aerials properly/doesn't air dodge. Metaknight's Up B alone can own luigi, not to mention Meta's aerial game > the world haha

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
ok when he said that Luigi is fast I almost died. Sure some of his attacks are quick but Luigi being fast. You have got to be kidding me. I hate luigi and always have as far as Smash bros is concerned but still he isnt that hard to beat. His fsmash has lag after it and is punishable. Up+b = air dodge+punish. Its not hard to beat him. Like I said air dodge AND common sense. So what if you can only air dodge for so long. Use the technique wisely and punish him after. Besides who are you maining? That may be your problem.

deletedmember

Smash Cadet
Luigi himself is not fast, but his moves are all fast. Every arial comes out almost instantly.

And anyone who thinks Luigi is anything lower than high tier has never played a good Luigi ever.

Also, when I called all those characters broken, I was responding to everyone who had called those characters broken earlier in the thread.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Why does one of these threads exist for every character? I challenge you to look at the threads for every character and I guarantee that one of these threads will exist for at least half of them.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Hahaha I am the almighty Luigi this toon Link cannot beat. I will always consider LUigi to be a mid to high tier character. If you don't believe it, I think you need to play a good Luigi player. But, it's obvious that in Brawl, all of the characters have a chance. It comes down to the player controlling the character. If you know your character's weaknesses, you can take caution not to make too many mistakes and leave yourself open.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't seen a lot of changes to Luigi.

A few changes that I've seen is that Luigi's Green Missile no longer slows down Luigi's descent, which could hamper his recovery.

For an upside though, Luigi's third jump gives him a little more horizontal movement than in Melee.

The Luigi Cyclone is also much harder to control than back in Melee.

Other than that, his moves haven't changed much. He's a decently good character, but still trying to completely escape Mario's shadow.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
I haven't seen a lot of changes to Luigi.

A few changes that I've seen is that Luigi's Green Missile no longer slows down Luigi's descent, which could hamper his recovery.

For an upside though, Luigi's third jump gives him a little more horizontal movement than in Melee.

The Luigi Cyclone is also much harder to control than back in Melee.

Other than that, his moves haven't changed much. He's a decently good character, but still trying to completely escape Mario's shadow.

Haha I would expect nothing less coming from a Mario player. Well said but I'm afraid you're wrong. Luigi has not only stepped out from behind Mario, he's rocket punched him to oblivion.

josh123

Smash Rookie
Mario and Luigi are brothers... there are no shadows. Mario looks up to Luigi just as much as Luigi looks up to Mario. Luigi is always in Mario's games because he is helping Mario save the woman he loves. I think its called Super Mario Brothers because its Mario's story not Luigi's. In Super Smash Bros they are completely different but i think they are rather equal. The cape is amazing. I love both their final smashes, Luigi's is exactly like the way he is, he doesn't take life serious so he does what he wants. If he want to make a Void and watch people fall asleep in it then he does. Mario's Final Smash is like the ultimate smash that we all wish we could do while we were young. Run around and shoot **** out of our hands. So in a way Mario is like your older brother if you have one or Luigi is like your younger brother. You love each other. And their names aren't Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, its just Mario and Luigi. There an interview with the makers like in 1980 something where they ask them and they say its just Mario and Luigi but together they are the Super Mario Brothers. I say because Luigi Looks up to Mario so much.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EM1as7hHA7k <<<Robot Chicken Mario Bros, its mad funny but intense as hell if your high ahahaha...

Oh yeah, this is just my opinion. Everyone has their own. But i don't think there has ever been the younger brother shadow.

Top Bottom