• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

luigi is better than mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twek

Smash Cadet
tornado gets vertical distance and can be used in battle
fair is way quicker
dair is way sexier
and WAVEDASH WAVEDASH WAVEDASH.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Lolzerz...

Luigi is arguably better in the abstract, and he certainly has the advantage over mario in a direct matchup, but mario doesn't get ***** as hard by fox/marth. That's basically
the difference maker.

Edit: oh and, sh bair wavelands are uber sexy with mario =)

uair uair uair

Twek

Smash Cadet
when stacked out against most characters besides those two he does better than mario though. its just so many people use fox and marth that they beat up on lu and that messes his rep.

Twek

Smash Cadet
when stacked out against most characters besides those two he does better than mario though. its just so many people use fox and marth that they beat up on lu and that messes his rep.

Weed

Smash Lord
you like fox... your opinion doesnt count.
I dont even play Fox, I just like the avatar.

Your logic states that 3 moves make or break a character.
Mario's tornado gains vertical distance as well, and is much easier to do..

So what if Luigi's wavedash goes farther? They both have equal use in mindgames.

Hence the fail statement.

Twek

Smash Cadet
marios tornado gains vertical distance but loses it in lag. luigis doesnt. not to say that luigi outclasses mario in every way... cause he doesnt.
marios fsmash
ability to di in air is much better
up b gets horizontal distance.
overall i think mario is better at comboing. i just think that luigi has better mind games and even a little easier to execute the kill with.
except when youre eggz cause hes like god.

Joel_

Smash Rookie
As stated earlier Doc is the true epic one.
Luigi's great, but a long wave dash doesn't do a great lot more than a short one in game if you've mastered the technique.
And he's not too good a character for me, because I'm a smash abuser, and I use running A attacks also.
These are both Luigi's weak spots.
Misfire is a ***** and can completely screw your tactics up, and his up-B is useless for recovery alot (I know he has missile to help this, but tbh, I find Mario's Up-B alot easier to execute).

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
weed, marico doesnt gets vertical distance, it goes up and when u jump, ull jump in the same height u started the b tornado, int he only thing it can help u is getting horizontal distance..

Yoshi1999

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... idk. With Luigi, you have to charge up B↓ on the ground first in order to get vertical distance, and even then you have to tap B mad fast.

Mario at least gets horizontal distance from his B↑, and his meteor is more reliable. And Mario has cape.

quam

Smash Cadet
marios recovery move is to cape then up B, while luigis is just a rocket and thats all you need. luigi is better than mario

Yoshi1999

Smash Apprentice
marios recovery move is to cape then up B, while luigis is just a rocket and thats all you need. luigi is better than mario
O_o

Missle sucks

Too random...and you'll get punished from non-L-cancel-able lag if you land on the ground with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom