• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Guide

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Egh, I knew I took too long making the video tutorial. It'll need some tweaking now.

Pretty comprehensive, but man ppa0, I've never seen so many spelling errors and typos in one finished production in my life. :)

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
lol thx pplz, ROFL haha too funny, and randall, i tryed my best to spell every word correctly i even went on dictionary.com

o.O me suk at da speeling of wordses

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yayuhhz. We are gonna run a round robin on friday Paul. If you can come over and bring 10$...you can come over. But if your not gonna participate in the tourney I dont think we can fit you.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
ty shellshock and shane msg me over myspace or call me up with more details pl0z

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Nice! hah, right now im just watching it load... compys a bit slow. But yeah, im excited to see it, heh, im also loading up your luigi combo vid too. Looking forward to both of em

(edit) ooh, nice job! haha, it really helped to clarify on some stuff! Great vids!

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
Question i having is

when u are double aerialing

are u using the C-stick or Just the regular A button or both? and right after u do the first Aerial are u pressing L Or R to do the other one in time?

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain the Luigi Tornado return to me?
I've tried doing everything the video says but I still can't figure out exactly how it's done.

The part where Luigi uses the tornado to go higher, I don't get it :/

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
Tricky, i use C-stick for BOTH aerials, and the L or R is to L-cancel them when you hit the ground, but to do double aerials, just use the C-stick for both, and Bloodveyne, you have to ground it first, as in use tornado on a stage, so press Down + B without anything else, and then try falling from the stage, and pressing Down + B and right after you press it, TAP the B button like crazy so your tornado will rise, but remember you always have to ground it, before it can go up

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Tricky, i use C-stick for BOTH aerials, and the L or R is to L-cancel them when you hit the ground, but to do double aerials, just use the C-stick for both, and Bloodveyne, you have to ground it first, as in use tornado on a stage, so press Down + B without anything else, and then try falling from the stage, and pressing Down + B and right after you press it, TAP the B button like crazy so your tornado will rise, but remember you always have to ground it, before it can go up

Does it matter if you're attacked, or if you attack between the time you ground it and do it in the air?

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
"Does it matter if you're attacked" while ur doing it? depends, if u just started it, then i believe its not grounded but if ur in the middle of it and you are attacked then its grounded, but i could be wrong on that, not 100% sure, and "if you attack between the time you ground it and do it in the air?" doesnt matter if u ground it u can do wat ever you want, its grounded

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
like its seem like im cant do the Nair after i Fair or Dair. Any tips on it

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
If you aren't getting the nair off before you hit the ground it means that the first aerial isn't coming out fast enough. Make sure that you hit the C-stick for the f-air/d-air immediately after you leap off the ground and you should be golden. :)

If it still doesn't work, maybe you're just not pressing A at the right time. Luigi's first aerial animation has to end before the second one can come out, so try to ensure that you're pressing A just as the first aerial's final frames of animation are petering out.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Luigi is hax, double aerials wtfz?

My favorite part was the part where you were demonstrating something and had lost 2 stock :D and the music was awesome.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Luigi is a 1337 smash god...His low traction is both helpful and deadly...Floor teching (especially against marth) at too high and you FLY off the edge...Too far and u cant get back...eve farther and your down b wont help T_T

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
i wanted to add DI in it too but since im not very good at it yet and the fact that the guide was already too long i didnt include it, but if you point your control stick UP and your C-stick angled downward and toward the stage when you get hit by marth's Fsmash, you can survive even at very high percentages, and if you manage to DI properly and you know how to use the tornado recovery well, there shouldnt be that much problem getting back onto the stage, unless your playing against a very experianced marth

Top Bottom