• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Approaches/Spacing

Escorcho

Smash Rookie
What's a good way to do this? I have the most trouble with Marth, since he has great range. I tend to wavedash a little too much but I can't think of other ways to approach enemies. Halp pls.

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
The safest is to go with wavedash shield, waiting for the good occasion (like forward smash) to Wavedash OOS punish.

Personnaly, I mix spot dodge and upsmash. If the Marth do a lot of short jump ANA, go fast below him with a wavedash upsmash (you are head is invicible when hitting). If the Marth do a lot of dash dance to grab or dash attack, I will spotdoge to grab or UpB.

Why not some Fireball just to force him to come attack you if you prefere.

EDIT: Tornado is good if you are near. if Marth attack the tornado, it's generally "clash" and you can follow with jab/jab pivot or grab/downsmash or whatever

Last edited:

Dan Where Is The Food

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-4096-1756
I am by no means super advanced, in fact this is my first post, but one of Luigi's best traits is to punish after a successful read, so I'd figure change your approach to baiting them to make a mistake, rather go in guns blazing. For Marth's long reach, approaching with a tornado with clash with Marth's attack, after which you're probably then close enough to hit with perhaps a down smash as Yann said.

I often wavedash in when I'm pretty sure Marth is going to forward smash me but spot dodge and grab him front in front or behind him depending on the distance of the wavedash, so I'd also say get Luigi's wavedash distances down so you know where to hit/grab at what time by just instinct. You could also bait him into thinking you're doing a double bair, but instead just do one and waveland and get a grab in while he has his shield up.

But, as I said before, by no means an expert.

Last edited:
Top Bottom