• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi and his Shenanigans -  A Luigi Guide

Luigi and his Shenanigans - A Luigi Guide

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
MudkipUniverse submitted a new guide:

Luigi and his Shenanigans - A Luigi Guide - How to play Luigi Like a PRO - or at least a better pro

Luigi is a character that shouldn't be passed off as low tier. He packs a wallop, and has superior ground movement, good grabs, etc. He is seen as a technical character, which is probably why Abate and Eddy Mexico are seen as the best players; technical superiority. But anyways, let's go over certain aspects of Luigi that seem very promising.

Wavedash...
Read more about this guide...

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
This is looking really awesome! As a Luigi main myself I feel you've definately hit home on a lot of good points here! When you get to the air game, Im looking forward to reading about your aerial opinions!

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Hey looks cool, could you go over his recovery stratgies too?
Step 1: Pray for misfire
Step 2: Die. (6/7 times)

Lol. But really ;)

#1 way to improve recovery is to use fireballs to prevent opponents from hopping off and swatting you.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh

IONTheKid

Smash Cadet
Very cool, I thought Luigi was going to be my first main a few months ago but now I just keep him in the pocket. I need help with the Marth matchup, any tips? Thanks!

Dire Creeper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dire_Creeper
This is very helpful for those wanting to master Luigi. I just wanted to say that I don't feel his 3rd jab hit is situational. It's actually pretty darn useful mostly because Luigi's full jab attack is ridiculously fast and he can use it to create some space and act after it or even lead into a second full jab attack if the opponent is at low enough percentage. Compare the speed to Mario's jab attack and you'll see how fast it is.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Very cool, I thought Luigi was going to be my first main a few months ago but now I just keep him in the pocket. I need help with the Marth matchup, any tips? Thanks!
Luigi's approaches can get stuffed out by marth. I'd say wavedash in place sometimes to make the marth think you're wavedashing into the range of fsmash. Also, if you wavedash in, try to shield if you can. Use wavedash out of shield alot.
This is very helpful for those wanting to master Luigi. I just wanted to say that I don't feel his 3rd jab hit is situational. It's actually pretty darn useful mostly because Luigi's full jab attack is ridiculously fast and he can use it to create some space and act after it or even lead into a second full jab attack if the opponent is at low enough percentage. Compare the speed to Mario's jab attack and you'll see how fast it is.
I really need to update the guide with better/more info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom