• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luddoj's Project M 3.5 CSP Workshop - High Quality CSPs for You! (DEFINETELY SUSPENDED)

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
First update of the day: Mario

Now I have a question... Should I keep the same pose for Dr. Mario? Since he doesn't have a hat, that could create some problems with consistency.

Will work on Pajama Ness and some request now.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Updating the thread with Pajama Ness in the same pose as the rest of my Custom Ness CSPs

Will work on some requests now. Then I'll start working on the next character.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Thanks! I'm glad you like them. Whenever I thought about a Ness CSP I always looked at him and pictured him with his Psy powers and some sparkles. Thus, the CSP reflects just that. Plus, his PM/Brawl game is all about his powers and his shiny effects, so I focused on that. Seems like I made the right choice.

About my boy Mario, I'm working on that. I already have his pose ready, and will be releasing him probably today. Pajama Ness should be out today too. As there was a list of CSPs that looked really bad, I'll be trying to focus on fixing that so you can replace them and keep the CSS as clean as possible.

Please, for requests, it would help me a lot if you could give me the download link for the texture you want to request. That would make my work a lot easier since I woudn't have to lose time searching for the right texture and then working with that. Plus, there are a lot of different versions of the same costume, and if the one I make its not the one you wanted... well that could be a problem...

About G&W, that will take a while. I'm not very excited to work on that. He may look very plain and simple, but modelling the guy is a real pain. There are a lot of things to take care of, just to get a simple pose. Kinda ironic isn't it? The simplest looking character is probably the hardest to model. He will be included eventually, just don't excpect him any time soon

Well, that's all I have to say for now. Wait for the updates in the nexts hours (I hope)
I sure can post a download link for you.
Ice Mario - http://www.mediafire.com/download/3c4ozea102h7t89/FitMario03.pcs
Flying Mario - http://www.mediafire.com/download/pvdcdxz6d8710d7/FitMario05.pcs

In terms of CSPs that just look boring or bad naturally, the ones that stand out most in my mind are Brawl Mario, the already mentioned GnW, DK, Diddy's looks a lil goofy, and Bowser's looks pretty meh overall. Luigi looks a little boring too, but I can't tell if that suits how timid he naturally is or not.

Now I have a question... Should I keep the same pose for Dr. Mario? Since he doesn't have a hat, that could create some problems with consistency.

Will work on Pajama Ness and some request now.
I like the way he looks angry, just like the Mario in my head at all times.

Honestly, I think it looks best to have one pose for the normal costumes and then a special alternate pose for the character's alts. Since the PMDT gives us unique poses for the alternates, I'm usually pretty satisfied with those. So long as it's not left with the blah Brawl CSPs, I'm satisfied.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I sure can post a download link for you.
Ice Mario - http://www.mediafire.com/download/3c4ozea102h7t89/FitMario03.pcs
Flying Mario - http://www.mediafire.com/download/pvdcdxz6d8710d7/FitMario05.pcs

In terms of CSPs that just look boring or bad naturally, the ones that stand out most in my mind are Brawl Mario, the already mentioned GnW, DK, Diddy's looks a lil goofy, and Bowser's looks pretty meh overall. Luigi looks a little boring too, but I can't tell if that suits how timid he naturally is or not.

I like the way he looks angry, just like the Mario in my head at all times.

Honestly, I think it looks best to have one pose for the normal costumes and then a special alternate pose for the character's alts. Since the PMDT gives us unique poses for the alternates, I'm usually pretty satisfied with those. So long as it's not left with the blah Brawl CSPs, I'm satisfied.
My plan is to change all the current CSPs because I'm really tired of seeing the characters in the same pose they have been for over 6 years. Some of them will take more time, obviously, because making poses or designing them is no easy task, but eventually they will all receive an alternate, fresh look.

I do have some Dr. Mario CSPs I can post today. I'll just need to tweak them a little bit and improve their quality. I think the final result would look amazing. Also, I must take care of the size.

Ok so I must add now: I will not be accepting request for the time being. I want to redesign as many characters as possible between this and next week, and modelling different costumes is consuming most of my time. Mario's costumes (Flying Mario & Ice Mario) will be the last requests I accept. I will be accepting more requests in the future, but please understand and be patient.

Expect Link and Mario's Custom Textures CSPs in a bit.

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
So... You asked for them, and I'm here to deliver
Those are wonderful. Is there any chance you could also do his Zora Armor and Magic Armor outfits? Brawl Vault is down right now but I uploaded what seem to be the best versions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjt6dgq2851by3e/FitLink01.pcs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoj710kptvvmty0/FitLink03.pcs
I understand if you don't have the time to, but your renders are very nice.
Enjoy:

I love the Ness CSPs. They show exactly what they need to and are far more engaging than the standard Brawl images. Keep up the fine work.

When you do get around to doing Mario, any chance you could do custom CSPs for the Black/Red Flying Mario and the Ice Mario costumes?
Looking forward to seeing your take on GnW CSPs too.
Here you go:

Remember, I won't be accepting any more requests for the time being. I want to keep designing more characters so you can replace your old Brawl CSPs with brand new ones. I'm working really hard to achieve high quality and to produce something you can all enjoy.

Remember to spread the word, support the project by leaving opinions and feedback. I appreciate your comments too!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
My plan was to release a group of CSPs first before designing other stuff. However, I would be really glad to help you. I had worked with CSS Icons in the past, but never really got any feedback about that. Maybe you could be the first one.

By "Boxy Ones" you mean this? =

If that's it, I have some of them ready and can upload them no problem. However, they had been designed with the idea of having no Character Name Tag on the upper part.
I don't mind one with no Character Name Tag, honestly. I find them redundant.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

These look really great! Do you take requests for other recolors? I replaced Mario's brown recolor with his yellow one, so a matching one to go with all of these would be greatly appreciated :D

EDIT: just read your top post, I'll be patient, because the quality of these will be worth the wait.

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
These look really great! Do you take requests for other recolors? I replaced Mario's brown recolor with his yellow one, so a matching one to go with all of these would be greatly appreciated :D

EDIT: just read your top post, I'll be patient, because the quality of these will be worth the wait.
Aww man you got me. I could see how hyped you were when asking me that. PLUS, you're also a Mario main. Since you asked so politely (and since its just a recolor, not an entire model) why make you wait? Its so easy to do it. Enjoy!

(I'm a fan of Yellow Mario myself. Since I also love Brown Mario, I replaced Fire Mario instead)

Happy Smashing. Mario is love, Mario is life.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Aww man you got me. I could see how hyped you were when asking me that. PLUS, you're also a Mario main. Since you asked so politely (and since its just a recolor, not an entire model) why make you wait? Its so easy to do it. Enjoy!

(I'm a fan of Yellow Mario myself. Since I also love Brown Mario, I replaced Fire Mario instead)

Happy Smashing. Mario is love, Mario is life.
Wow, thank you so much! And you're right: Mario is love, Mario is life :D

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
These are amazing! I have downloaded them all. :)
Is there anyway you could do another Link CSP? I have a Fierce Deity I dowloaded from brawlvault:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7gp11unkxn89nt/FitLink05FDBrighter.pcs?dl=0
guys, let him do all the default costumes before custom costumes, or we'll never get a complete set =p
This^

I have no problem with requests and stuff of the sort, but please understand that my plan is to keep moving forward and create as many character CSPs a possible. Keep in mind some things:
1) Poses are not definitive. I might add some variants from time to time, just so you can choose what fits you best.
2) You can ask for requests, but please be patient and understand whenever I'm not capable of doing it.
3) Your support and your feedback means a lot to me. So please, always share what you think with me. Post your opinions on the thread so I can improve from time to time. If you like it and just want to say thanks, please do that too! It motivates me like you have no idea.

I'm currently working on Donkey Kong :dk2:so expect him soon.

Thanks again for the support and for your enthusiasm. I'm working really hard to deliver High Quality content for all to enjoy!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
ok, give me a second...

list of oddly cropped CSP:

- snes captain falcon
- all 3 boxer DK
- big boss snake
- armored charizard

CSP that could use some love:

- white and blue metroid fusion ZSS (they look good, but they're in the same pose but slightly different positions... like a few pixels off) (also it would be cool if you could do the justin bailey in the same pose)
- ninja squirtle (looks a little off for some reason)
- the sonic recolors (dear god i love these alts but the brawl portraits need to die... a full sonic do-over would be great... the jet set portrait is fine)
Get ready to erase one more name from the list:

How is that Boxer DK looking?

I'm focusing on Alternate Costumes right now. I'll start making some regular CSPs for characters soon. but for the time being, go replace the default CSPs from 3.5 with these new ones.

Hope you enjoy!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Last update for today guys. Just to add to the Alternate Costumes Hype:

I must add that this Lucario Costume is SICK. Great work from the PMBR.

And, why not? Check these CSPs and give me some opinions:

Lucas (Vanilla Brawl Colors)

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
This is all quite impressive. I wish I knew what went into making character renders.

I'm surprised you've done all of Mario's without doing Dr. Mario and his recolors... But that's not a request! Just an observation. Just keep doing what you're doing; I look forward to seeing Donkey Kong.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
This is all quite impressive. I wish I knew what went into making character renders.

I'm surprised you've done all of Mario's without doing Dr. Mario and his recolors... But that's not a request! Just an observation. Just keep doing what you're doing; I look forward to seeing Donkey Kong.
I DO have some Dr. Mario CSPs from my previous works. I'm just having a problem deciding if I should stick with only one pose per character or use different poses for regular Vanilla Brawl costumes and Project M Special Alternate costumes.

You can check the Dr. Mario CSPs here:
I was planning on remodelling here to achieve a better pose and better quality, something that can match my recen Mario CSP... But I guess that will have to wait some more.

Just to finish the day, I probably won't be updating the thread too much during the week, since I'll be busy with University.
Even then, I hope to see more comments and feedback from you guys. Give me some ideas, talk to me, let me hear what you think would work.

I'm anxious for Wario and Sonic, great stuff!
I should be working on Sonic pretty soon. Wario though... That might take a while. The dude has 12 costumes so that would take up a lot of my time. But don't worry, I'll eventually create some cool CSPs for him too.

REMEMBER! Spread the word, support the build and don't forget to visit periodically for updates and stuff.

Until next time!

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I DO have some Dr. Mario CSPs from my previous works. I'm just having a problem deciding if I should stick with only one pose per character or use different poses for regular Vanilla Brawl costumes and Project M Special Alternate costumes.
I like alternate costumes to have different poses than regular ones, personally. Though there are those who prefer otherwise. So I suppose, the ideal solution would be to have two poses for each character, each covering all costumes. That way, people can mix and match, or choose from two complete sets. Though that would be more work for you.
So do what you want!

proxibomb

Smash Clown
These are quite sexy. Hope you could take requests later, I'd love some pokemom mega evolution CSPs.

That Lucas CSP though. :drflip:

Last edited:

Steel Banana

Smash Cadet
Wow, these are completely awesome! I can't wait for all of them to be done, so keep up the amazing work! I'm still hoping for someone to make a Falcon CSP in a cool action-packed pose, but yours is the best I've found so far.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
These are awesome. SJS quality. :]
Well, thanks! SJS is the pioneer when talking about stuff like this. His high quality CSPs have been around since the Brawl era. The newer generation of modders is trying hard to push the bar forward and reach farther everytime. So I'm glad to be able to create content for the community to enjoy.
I like alternate costumes to have different poses than regular ones, personally. Though there are those who prefer otherwise. So I suppose, the ideal solution would be to have two poses for each character, each covering all costumes. That way, people can mix and match, or choose from two complete sets. Though that would be more work for you.
So do what you want!
I'm also fan of the idea of having alternate poses. As many characters change their atributes and appearance sometime when using their alternate costumes, the same pose may not represent the escence of the character. HOWEVER, it really would mean more work for me. Maybe I'll post CSPs sets for characters with:
1) CSPs showing only one pose (all costumes including alternates)
2) CSPs showing an alternate pose for alternate costumes
This will definetely take a while to make. So expect it in the future.
These are quite sexy. Hope you could take requests later, I'd love some pokemom mega evolution CSPs.

That Lucas CSP though. :drflip:
I'll be accepting requests later, don't worry. I was planning on including them because of how awesome they look. Firt I'm trying to make as much progress as I can with the rest of the cast.

That Lucas CSP took some time to make but I'm proud of the results. Glad to know you like it
Wow, these are completely awesome! I can't wait for all of them to be done, so keep up the amazing work! I'm still hoping for someone to make a Falcon CSP in a cool action-packed pose, but yours is the best I've found so far.
Well, Falcon is quite hard to model. I have made some alternate poses for him in the past but none of them were "action packed". That might be the reason you haven't found any amazing CSP for Falcon. But maybe in the future, when I start thinking about alternate poses, I will redesign Falcon and try to make him look cooler. Thanks for the suggestion!
as well as Codex's build im STILL waitin on UR BUILD AS WELL Luddojo !!
I'm glad you mentioned that. I still plan to release a Build of sorts, but that will be with my newer models. Please, instead of checking my old thread, check the updates on this one. I'm going to be more active from now on, and will be focusing on customizing (almost entirely) the newest 3.5 Version. This thread will contain better CSPs, as well as more characters, and as you can see, it is much more active and has caught more attention that my Custom Buil thread. If by any chances you still want to download my older CSPs, the thread will stay open and available for anyone to visit. But now this is the "official" thread for all my works and projects.

What you can expect to see here in the future is:
- HQ Character Selecion Portrait
- Tournament Ready Stage Previews (I'm working on that, just haven't posted anything yet)
- Custom CSS Icons
- Custom Menu Fonts and Menu Names (since I don't really like the interface of the new PM 3.5)

Keep in mind that my previous Build was being planned around 3.2, and now that the game has changed and has been updated, I'm planning to update my content too.

I'll just quickly fix my old CSPs and include them here, while I finish the characters that I was missing. You will still get HQ content so please, keep checking the build for updates and new info about the project.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Might seem like a dumb question, but could you possibly make a pack rather than having separate pictures we need to download?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Might seem like a dumb question, but could you possibly make a pack rather than having separate pictures we need to download?
It's not dumb at all, and beleive me when I say I have thought about it. But let me explain why I'm not planning to do that... yet

Since I am working on CSPs almost on a daily basis, models and designs may vary. Sometimes characters are not complete, and I just upload a fraction of their CSPs.
Packing stuff, uploading them, posting them here, only to realize a few days later that I found a better pose for a character, or that maybe I could remodel an alternate costume would be very tedious. I prefer to definetely finish a character (like Falcon for example, or even Link) and upload a finished character as a pack.

I'll do that for Falcon and Link in a few hours. But for the incomplete characters, please, bear with me and just download them one by one. I'm trying to keep things as organized as possible by putting every single CSP on the main post, so you can find them all there sorted and everything. Don't worry because packs are eventually on the way.

Oh and one more thing, look for the updates coming to you today. I may have plenty of them...

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
What are the odds that you could make a Battle Portrait alongside the CSPs?
Hmmm... To be honest I haven't even started making BPs for myself, so that would take me a while. As I have said before, my main goal is to focus on CSPs. Adding more things to that would only slow me down. I'm trying to update the thread with characters on a daily basis, but I already have to deal with other stuff too, so it's not easy. I will try to add more content by the end of November. If by that time I'm able to upload CSS icons + BPs then so be it. For for now, please understand that I can only take care of CSPs
Man, I'm excited for your portraits these are already looking excellent!
Thanks man! I appreciate your words! I'm currently trying to cover as many characters as possible so you can update your builds right now. Please enjoy the content and keep coming back for more updates!
ok, give me a second...

list of oddly cropped CSP:

- snes captain falcon
- all 3 boxer DK
- big boss snake
- armored charizard

CSP that could use some love:

- white and blue metroid fusion ZSS (they look good, but they're in the same pose but slightly different positions... like a few pixels off) (also it would be cool if you could do the justin bailey in the same pose)
- ninja squirtle (looks a little off for some reason)
- the sonic recolors (dear god i love these alts but the brawl portraits need to die... a full sonic do-over would be great... the jet set portrait is fine)
Speaking about updates...

So how's this for Sonic Custom CSPs? This took me more than expected because there are 5 models in total, and that is a pain to edit a retexture. But hopefully you like them. Let me know what you think.

Expect more updates soon.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hmmm... To be honest I haven't even started making BPs for myself, so that would take me a while. As I have said before, my main goal is to focus on CSPs. Adding more things to that would only slow me down. I'm trying to update the thread with characters on a daily basis, but I already have to deal with other stuff too, so it's not easy. I will try to add more content by the end of November. If by that time I'm able to upload CSS icons + BPs then so be it. For for now, please understand that I can only take care of CSPs
There's no rush. I was just curious if you'd considered it.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
@ Luddoj Luddoj are you able to post up those CSS icons you mentioned?
I will eventually, but not for now. I'm still creating CSPs and when I decide on a stable pose for each character I will start creating CSS icons that match. In the end you will receive the whole combo of CSPs + BPs + CSS Icons

Time for another update. This time its Diddy Kong!

Maybe I'll have time to update the thread with Dr. Mario and some Squirtle. Expect more updates soon

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Ok so for those of you wondering what happened to Dr. Mario... I had a problem with the original Mario Pose, and so, I had to recreate the entire thing from scratch. Now, Dr. Mario was hard because, as Mario's pose centers around his hat, and since the good old Doc doesn't have any, I tried to design him in the same angle and in kinda the same pose. The results were these:

This will blend easily with the Mario CSPs. I will still try to achieve different poses for Alternate Costumes but that will have to wait to a future date. For now, I'll just keep adding sets of CSPs with the same pose for every costume.

However, just to give you a glance at how things may work with Alternate CSPs, my next update, Squirtle, will have two different sets of CSPs. Expect that soon!

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Ok so for those of you wondering what happened to Dr. Mario... I had a problem with the original Mario Pose, and so, I had to recreate the entire thing from scratch. Now, Dr. Mario was hard because, as Mario's pose centers around his hat, and since the good old Doc doesn't have any, I tried to design him in the same angle and in kinda the same pose. The results were these:

This will blend easily with the Mario CSPs. I will still try to achieve different poses for Alternate Costumes but that will have to wait to a future date. For now, I'll just keep adding sets of CSPs with the same pose for every costume.

However, just to give you a glance at how things may work with Alternate CSPs, my next update, Squirtle, will have two different sets of CSPs. Expect that soon!
YOOOOOO, these Doc CSPs tho!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Won't be ablt to upload a lot of content today. Got a really tight schedule for today. Still, I don't want to dissapoint so here I bring an update for today.

It's the pink puffball!

I will keep working on a pair of characters for release between tomorrow and Thrusday. Expect more updates soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom