• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luddoj's Project M 3.5 CSP Workshop - High Quality CSPs for You! (DEFINETELY SUSPENDED)

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
The OP has been updated to feature some new character banners. Also, you may have noticed that I'm sticking with only one of the alternate poses designed for each character. For example, Samus Alternate was way more popular than my original concept, so I'm showing that one on the OP, to save space and other things. Same thing goes for Yoshi and Wario. Don't worry though, as you will be able to find my old poses on the Dropbox links, complete with BPs and CSS Icons.

I hope you like these improvements, both on the thread and also with my work itself. I have and update for you today and also some news:

As always, please check the OP to find the download links. The download folder also includes BPs and CSS Icons.

Also, keep in mind I'm starting to name the CSPs according to their correct numbers ID numbers. That way it will be a lot easier for you to replace files using Brawl Box.

I will also be implementing some "ready to use files" sent to me by user @ NFreak NFreak . They will also be include on the OP and I'll make sure to tell you whenever that's ready to go.

Today's the tourney! Wish me luck as some high level players have also been invited to participate. Also, since training and polishing skills will take probably my entire day, I won't be able to upload any updates tomorrow. Expect updates again soon, since I have to work on new characters.

Until next time!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, the download for Link still goes to the old ones rather than the new alt. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Hey so, I haven't post content for a couple of days, but I want to tell everyone that I'm still working and I'm trying my best to design new characters with cool poses and high quality.

I finally managed to get past the difficulties Pikachu and Marth's models were giving me, so I think I will be able to post their respective set of CSPs and all that good stuff starting next week.

Also, expect Ness' new alternate pose to appear as an update as well.

I'm having troubles with Mario and DK's new poses, so I think I'm going to leave them like that for the time being. At least we can agree that the current poses look good and they don't really need a replacement, at least not for the time being.

Samus' old and alternate pose now have a new set of BPs and CSS Icons according to the new design. Please check them out as well.

Also, I have started working on Ganondorf, but I'm still not happy with his model just yet. I'll be tweaking some stuff here and there so the final result can adjust to what I think would work best.

I know this project is taking quite some time to finish, but at least I can guarantee that the wait will be worth it, since I will have more time to concentrate and upload quality stuff, instead of rushed things that I will find the need to replace later, delaying the project even more.

Thanks for the support and definetely expect activity on the following days!

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Hey so, I haven't post content for a couple of days, but I want to tell everyone that I'm still working and I'm trying my best to design new characters with cool poses and high quality.

I finally managed to get past the difficulties Pikachu and Marth's models were giving me, so I think I will be able to post their respective set of CSPs and all that good stuff starting next week.

Also, expect Ness' new alternate pose to appear as an update as well.

I'm having troubles with Mario and DK's new poses, so I think I'm going to leave them like that for the time being. At least we can agree that the current poses look good and they don't really need a replacement, at least not for the time being.

Samus' old and alternate pose now have a new set of BPs and CSS Icons according to the new design. Please check them out as well.

Also, I have started working on Ganondorf, but I'm still not happy with his model just yet. I'll be tweaking some stuff here and there so the final result can adjust to what I think would work best.

I know this project is taking quite some time to finish, but at least I can guarantee that the wait will be worth it, since I will have more time to concentrate and upload quality stuff, instead of rushed things that I will find the need to replace later, delaying the project even more.

Thanks for the support and definetely expect activity on the following days!
Did you say... MARTH?! AWWW YEA, BOI!

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Does this mean :roypm: as well?
I haven't even started on Roy yet, since I was busy trying to get past Marth's technical issues.
I really don't have a schedule or a definitve order in which I design characters so I don't know which character I will design next, but Marth didn't give me too much trouble with modelling, so matbe I'll do Roy next. However, I must admit I don't have the slightest idea of which pose to use... That may take a while to decide and that could delay Roy even more.

Whenever I look at a character, the deciding factor is the difficulty to model it. Character with difficult objects to model (like Kirby, Puff, G&W) usually tend to require WAY more time than the rest to be finished, so I plan to leave them for last. If I feel like a character is too difficult or too complex, I prefer to leave them for later because, eventually, I'm going to be forced to work on them if I want to finish the project. I just don't feel motivated enough to work on harder characters just yet. But whenever I do, I promise the result will be worth the wait.

So yeah, please bear with me and have patience. Every character is going to receive their own set in the end, and I'll work on alternates for every character and requests after I finish the main goal of CSPs for everyone, so there will be more to look for on this thread in the future.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey luddoj, if you cant think of any good poses to use, message me! i have been around the modding scene for quite some time in terms of csp's and i know which poses would look unique and dynamic in that 128x160 frame we so desperately crave. i also know that roy needs a new pose that shows off that flair of his! :p not that youre not already suuuuuper capable, but if you find brow furrowing over someone in particular let me know

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I think we can all agre when I quote the audience cheers of "PEACH PEACH PEACH"
Beleive me when I say I've wroked on Peach a looooooooong time ago, but the final pose I decided to use looked TERRIBLE when put into CSP format. I even tried with other 2 poses but none of them were good enough, they were to simple, bland, the felt unprofessional and rushed, and I didn't want to post that kind of stuff just to please those who want a specific character ready.

I promise as soon as I find a pose that actually works for her I'll focus only on her and on her set.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Just a heads up, the download for Link still goes to the old ones rather than the new alt. Not sure if that was intentional or not.
So, @ Luddoj Luddoj , did you fix the download
? (pun intended)
I checked that and it's working. Please do check again and tell me if the problem persists please.
Also, sorry for not posting any new updates for almost half a week! You'll be definetely be getting an update in a few minutes/hours, so please stay tuned!!!

WE'RE BACK IN BUSSINESS

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
I checked that and it's working. Please do check again and tell me if the problem persists please.
Also, sorry for not posting any new updates for almost half a week! You'll be definetely be getting an update in a few minutes/hours, so please stay tuned!!!

WE'RE BACK IN BUSSINESS
Possible Marth hype hype!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Ok guys, first of all, really sorry for all the inactivity and for not posting any updates for half a week already. I've been really busy with other things and my partner, E.C.H.O. has been too, so we've been having some issues regarding deadlines, and we've also discussed about the future of some characters, as well as the poses that could work on each of them.

Please keep in mind, I stated before that Marth's character model is ready, but I just realized that there are different settings that could actually work better on him. I'll be finishing his model and also Roy's hopefully this week, before christmas is here. I don't know if I'll manage that, but it's worth the try. Sorry Marth fans! You'll have to wait a little longer! But don't worry, I have found a fix to the previous model issues with his new Alternate Costume, so you will be getting Marth as soon as I finish him.

As stated before, E.C.H.O. has been busy, and has not being able to finish working with BPs/CSS Icons. Still, please enjoy this:

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sb7u9aksxro3n91/AAAb04ZGvVd60h2Gk8ntS_ATa?dl=0

I teased Pikachu a looooooooooooooooong time ago, and the one with PKMN Trainer Red's Hat was the one with the technical problems, that's why it took so long to release it. But it's finally here!

Keep in mind that the download link will only include CSPs, at least for now. As soon as I update it with the BPs and the CSS Icons I will definetely post it here.

Ness' alternate pose is also ready! Expect it very soon. It will give me more time to work on Marth and Roy and have them ready as soon as possible.

To end this post, sorry if your main/favorite character is not ready yet. Working on this is definetely not easy, but I'm putting all my efforts into creating high quality content you can all enjoy. so please be patient, your character will eventually be released, I just don't know when. Probably soon.

Ok guys that's all for today. Sorry for the incomplete post, things have been very weird lately but expect everything to return back to how it was before my hiatus on the following days. As always, thanks for waiting patiently for updates and also for your support.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Don't apologize. You have your own life and you are doing this for free. If anything, thank you for the amount of work you put into this! Good stuff! <3

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Don't apologize. You have your own life and you are doing this for free. If anything, thank you for the amount of work you put into this! Good stuff! <3
Thanks for the support, I'm really glad you like my stuff. I'll definetely will be creating more like these but maybe I will have to take more time to release content, since I'm taking care of other stuff in my life and it's becoming harder and harder to actually update the thread daily as planned before.
Still, this is my biggest and most succesful project yet, so I'm definetely putting a lot of effort into creating something amazing.
These are just absolutely amazing! I may just need to use these.
Please do! My goal is to create high quality content that the community can use and enjoy. I'm glad you like my stuff and please, keep checking the thread regularily for updates. If you can, also spread the word!

Steel Banana

Smash Cadet
Wow, these are looking great. Since I can tell you actually like constructive criticism, I'm here to make some for each character :D

I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I'll approach these from that perspective.

Mario: Fantastic poses
Luigi: Goofy, but it suits him very well
Bowser: His hands look a little misplaced. I think its the fact that one is facing up and the other is facing down. If they were both facing the same way, he would look more powerful. The near arm just looks a little limp I think.
Link: Love the new pose.
Donkey Kong: The gaps between the fingers stand out a little, but its not that bad. Overall, I like the pose a lot.
Diddy Kong: I really like the new pose, but what happened to the old one with the barrels? The jetpack pose was the coolest thing, lol
Yoshi: New pose is great
Wario: Very dynamic pose that fits Wario well. The non-biker versions look a little thin (specifically behind his head), but I know that's a limitation of the model itself.
Samus: I really like this pose. It looks good on all costumes.
Pit: Probably my least favorite of all of them. The arrow doesn't quite look right. Its perspective is a litle off. His body is angled toward the camera while the arrow looks like its facing directly left.
Captain Falcon: It looks like Falcon approves of his pictures as much as I do. Fantastic work.
Ness: Love all of these.
Lucas: The pose is great, but the magic effect looks too symmetrical. I think it's because all of the smaller hexagons are located on the corners of the larger hexagon. Also, having an even number of hexagons feels unnatural (trick I learned in art school). If the effect looked more natural, these portraits would be so awesome.
Pikachu: SO CUTE!
Charizard: The pose is so simple, yet so powerful. One of my favorites.
Lucario: His body is really straight-up while his head is slumped forward, which is a strange contrast. I think a slight change in the legs could go a long way.
Sonic: I'm diggin' it

Sorry if some of these (like Bowser or Pit) sound overly negative. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of the work you're doing and I want to help you achieve perfection in any way possible.

Looking forward to your future releases!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Wow, these are looking great. Since I can tell you actually like constructive criticism, I'm here to make some for each character :D

I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I'll approach these from that perspective.

Mario: Fantastic poses
Luigi: Goofy, but it suits him very well
Bowser: His hands look a little misplaced. I think its the fact that one is facing up and the other is facing down. If they were both facing the same way, he would look more powerful. The near arm just looks a little limp I think.
Link: Love the new pose.
Donkey Kong: The gaps between the fingers stand out a little, but its not that bad. Overall, I like the pose a lot.
Diddy Kong: I really like the new pose, but what happened to the old one with the barrels? The jetpack pose was the coolest thing, lol
Yoshi: New pose is great
Wario: Very dynamic pose that fits Wario well. The non-biker versions look a little thin (specifically behind his head), but I know that's a limitation of the model itself.
Samus: I really like this pose. It looks good on all costumes.
Pit: Probably my least favorite of all of them. The arrow doesn't quite look right. Its perspective is a litle off. His body is angled toward the camera while the arrow looks like its facing directly left.
Captain Falcon: It looks like Falcon approves of his pictures as much as I do. Fantastic work.
Ness: Love all of these.
Lucas: The pose is great, but the magic effect looks too symmetrical. I think it's because all of the smaller hexagons are located on the corners of the larger hexagon. Also, having an even number of hexagons feels unnatural (trick I learned in art school). If the effect looked more natural, these portraits would be so awesome.
Pikachu: SO CUTE!
Charizard: The pose is so simple, yet so powerful. One of my favorites.
Lucario: His body is really straight-up while his head is slumped forward, which is a strange contrast. I think a slight change in the legs could go a long way.
Sonic: I'm diggin' it

Sorry if some of these (like Bowser or Pit) sound overly negative. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of the work you're doing and I want to help you achieve perfection in any way possible.

Looking forward to your future releases!
I appreciate your suggestions, so in regard to your comments, I'll be talking more about the poses you think would need a makeover or at least a few tweaks here and there.

Bowser: I thought about the hand thing as well, just didn't think it would be so bad. The one I was planning to change was the left one, since it's facing down and it would look better if it was facing up, or something like that. Maybe I'll play with that in the future.

Donkey: He is going to get a new pose very soon, I'm currently working on it. I don't have any way to edit or change the pose in any way, since the original files died when my PC exploded, that's why I'm going to experiment with an alternate one. I expect it to be better that the current one, and fix any issues my previous work could have had.

Diddy: I didn't like the old pose with the barrels, plus, the position was too awkward for the CSS to handle. Overall, it left too much blank space and was too horizontal. You mus also know that I worked on that pose without paying too much atention to detail (that was when I was starting) and just cared about releasing content that looked cool. I didn't care too much about lighting, shadows, effects and stuff of the sort. That's why I wanted to get rid of that as soon as possible. I'll probably remake the old pose in the future, and I'll definetely make it look way better than the original.

Pit: I could try to change the direction of the arrow, as well as the effect. I spent a lot of hours trying to actually make the pose work (moving the objects, adding light, creating effects, etc) so it was actually one of the models I felt more proud about. Don't worry, as I'm not angry or sad, and I appreciate the observation. I don't have time to go back and change that, at least for now, but I will look into it more when I have enough time.

Lucas: Deciding on where to put the hexagons was the hard part. I tried adding more, cutting some, but I wasn't really happy with how that looked. I finally decided to stick with the current amount and just continued from there. The position, the size, and all the other factors were determined by my personal taste. I really spent a lot of time checking on various ways to organize them, but the way they are now was the one I liked the most.

Lucario: I can't work on the legs, as his new Black Belt costumes include cloth, which looks terrible if the leg is too extended, or when it bends, etc.

Thanks for the positive comments on the rest of my CSPs, I really do like when people take the time to comment about how much they like them or how good they look. I'll definetely take your suggestions into consideration for my future CSPs and, if I have enough time, I will remaster my current models with some tweaks to make them look even better.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, if luddoj takes my advice, then you are in for some real tasty morsels for the the future (not to put down your current progress my good sir ;) )

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
hey guys, if luddoj takes my advice, then you are in for some real tasty morsels for the the future (not to put down your current progress my good sir ;) )
I have certainly took your suggestions into consideration and I'm testing how they look in CSP format. So you will just have to wait till I have completed some sets, and I hope my work is up to the expectations!!

Ok guys, time for some updates. This will probably end up being a long post but, meh, I'm in the mood to write.

First of all, some bad news. My laptop's battery died, as well as the charger. It was a problem with electric energy and it happened so suddenly... I was really mad.
Since my PC died, I started working on my laptop and backing up all my stuff. So don't need to worry or panic since all my thing SHOULD still be fine. Of course, all uploaded material on DropBox is safe, as well s all my data stored on the cloud. So yeah, you should not fear, at least for now.

The guys in charge of fixing it told me that they would try to take care of the issues as soon as possible, but since we are so close to holidays and everyone is busy with other stuff going on in their lives, they probably will take quite some time to give me my laptop back. They also said that, worst case scenario, they would need to delete all my data, which would really suck, but still, we can hope that's not necessary.

I'm writing this post from my brother's laptop, by the way. And that also means that I won't be able to work on CSPs until I have my laptop back, which I don't know when will happen... So as always, please have patience, I will be back in the game as soon as I am able to do so.

Now! Let's leave bad news behind and focus on some good news!
Today we celebrate christmas! (or any other holiday according to your beleifs) I hope you guys have a great, GREAT time in company of all your loved ones, and the people you really care about. Take the time to let them know that they are important for you. Giving is better than receiving! You can make someone happy this christmas, so don't miss your chance. Spread joy and happiness and have a wonderful time. Those are my best wishes from me, to you.

I also want to say THANK YOU GUYS! It has been an AMAZING time working on this project. It's crazy the amount of attention this thread got right from the begining, since I started working on these the next day v3.5 was released. I know expectations are high and that by now you are all used to getting high quality updates, but it wasn't always like that. I have been going through many improvements and changes to reach the position I am today, and I am really proud of myself and what I have been able to achieve, and I hope you are as well.

I must also thank you for all your support! For liking my posts, for leaving feedback, suggestions, for downloading, for spreading the word, for just posting to say thanks, and many more stuff! Certainly, knowing that you all love what I do and want to see more is the inspiration that has been able to keep me pushing forward, improving, creating better content, giving it my all, so you can have the best modding experience I can give you. I expect you to keep up with that during next year, and even when this whole project is over.

Also, sorry about this being so sudden, but I managed to work on a little something for you just before my laptop decided to stop working... It's missing some stuff, but I'll be sure to add it as soon as I'm able to. Consider it my christmas gift ;) I hope you enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8zos38bwjdy9vl/AADePKxcm_BBsnRFM_q20Qb8a?dl=0

To end this post, please, even if I am not able to continue with CSPs and stuff of the sort for the time being, I'll definetely be back. I will have a LOT of stuff to take care as soon as my laptop is fixed, but don't worry, I will work on each and every one of them when I have the chance.

So with all that said, I will be back with more content probably after the holidays. Have a great time and enjoy!

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Oh no! That sucks about your laptop, I hope it gets fixed soon. And the Marth CSPs look AWESOME! Can't wait for Roy's!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Hello everyone who are followers of Luddoj's amazing CSP. I took the time to make battle portrait of Marth and Pikachu he last created. I also made a CSS of the Marth and Pikachu. It's of no means perfect but at least it's there.

(Marth)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uod089di06adn84/AADy3esuj_WeWU-MCmrv8s24a?dl=0

(Pikachu)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3oga2776j7qolu/AAAfKLyTjAALH75bycVX-7DBa?dl=0
Yo! Man, amazing work, thanks for the help!
Unfortunately, I already have the official BPs and CSS Icons for Pika and Marth ready, I just couldn't upload them until now because I haven't been able to log into a computer and do so. I'll do that right now so you all can have the complete set ready!

Sorry for the delay and again, thanks for the help. I promise I will be back soon with more of my works. Thanks for the patience.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
The download links have been update with the official BPs and CSS Icons for both Marth and Pikachu. Please download them to complete the set. I'll add the character banner to the OP as soon as I get my laptop back, and of course, I'll get back to work on CSPs as well.

Thanks for the support!

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
The dowload links have been updated with new official BPs and CSS Icons for the following characters:

- Pikachu
- Marth
- Yoshi (Both Sets)
- Diddy Kong

These new sets have the new and fresh CSS Icon look, as well as the new BP margins designed by my partner, the user @ ECHOnce ECHOnce so props to him for his amazing work and support!

I'll be informing of any changes so please keep an eye on the thread for news and updates. That's all for now.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Awesome work man. Just a thing bothering me with Pikachu, it seems like the last one (the backwards hat) isn't lined up properly, it's a bit lower than the others. Is that intentional?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Awesome work man. Just a thing bothering me with Pikachu, it seems like the last one (the backwards hat) isn't lined up properly, it's a bit lower than the others. Is that intentional?
Hey, you're actually right. I didn't notice that to be honest.
That Pikachu is kind of special though: since the model itself doesn't have ears pointing upwards, putting it in the same spot as the other costumes would make it look kind of empty on the top part of the CSP. I'll have to fix that in the future, similiar to what happened with Fusion Suit Samus: the final CSP will be some pixels off from the rest, but it will be done for the sake of consistency and, hopefully, you won't even notice it.

The fact that the Pikachu is placed lower than the rest was my mistake. It should have been the other way around.

I don't have access to my original files yet, but expect a fix as soon as I get all my equipment back. Thanks for the heads up!

Wigls

Smash Rookie
Where did you learn model rigging in BrawlBox? Or was that something you picked up on your own?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Where did you learn model rigging in BrawlBox? Or was that something you picked up on your own?
I knew about model rigging for quite a long time, since the early days of Brawl modding. I never knew you could actually create animations, custom poses, change the lighting and even take snapshots, that was something I learned by watching Youtube tutorials about Brawl Box and also by reading guides here on Smashboards and also on Brawl Vault.

Even though I knew how to, I never really tried to rig models until this year. It's a very tedious process and sometimes it can even take ridiculous amounts of your time if you are not feeling creative or inspired, but in the end I guess it's worth it.

regiwolfe

Smash Rookie
Any chance you'd upload the pose files?? or are those precious trade secrets you can't reveal?
(the only reason I ask is so I could make my own CSPs for custom textures to use alongside your CSPs..)

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Any chance you'd upload the pose files?? or are those precious trade secrets you can't reveal?
(the only reason I ask is so I could make my own CSPs for custom textures to use alongside your CSPs..)
Sorry but I can't. Making these takes a lot of time and I consider the poses to be part of my creations and my own style, so it would be a shame if others could freely use it or modify them and take the credit with little to no effort.
I'll be accepting requests as soon as I hit 25 characters, at least for a short period of time since I'll be taking a break to focus on some other stuff. Don't worry as that will be in the future and I still have a lot of characters left before I reach 25 completed characters.

Also, sorry about the lack of content. My laptop is still being repaired and I have no computer to work on. I reply to the thread via my phone. I'm sad beacause fixing my laptop is taking quite a long time and I'm really worried about the fact that I have been inactive for a long time now, not only here on Smashboards but also on my YouTube channel, which is the other project I really have to take care of.

Hopefully by next week I should have all my equipment back, and that will mean that I'll be back to CSP creation as well. If not, I'll find a way to upload content while I wait for my laptop to be fixed.

As always, thanks for the patience and sorry for the lack of content or updates.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
"How dare you, your computer breaks and now you're delaying amazing free content created in your free time? You're the worst, Luddoj."

We love you man.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
It's a shame that your computer is out of commission, but anyone who appreciates your work will understand your situation. Your work in this thread is great, and I eagerly await updates. Till then, this break is well deserved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom