• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucky Signed by Selfless Gaming

Photo by Thomas Tischio (@tischphotos)​

Joey "Lucky" Aldama has finally found a sponsor! It was announced last night that up and coming eSports team Selfless Gaming closed a deal with Lucky. Made from Enemy's former CS:GO team, Selfless Gaming is currently one of the top North American CS:GO teams in the world, currently competing in the ELEAGUE. Here's what Lucky had to say about his new sponsorship in the official press release:

“I’m extremely excited to have the opportunity to play for a brand like Selfless. Since our first talk, I’ve enjoyed the way the org operates and handles itself and can’t wait to proudly represent them in future Smash competitions.”

Be sure to show Lucky some love on his Twitter and Twitch channel!

Last edited:

Comments

I'm really happy for Lucky. Glad he landed a legit sponsor.

That means the only top 20 players on 2015 Melee It On Me rankings without a sponsor are:
-#18 DruggedFox, who just recently this past year got into the top 20 mix for the firs time in years.
-#19 Hax, who has unfortunately dealt with injuries, and the fate of his career are still unknown to us and probably him.
-#20 HugS, who has been looking for a sponsor for a long time and realllllly deserves one.

Additionally #16 ranked S2J is sponsored by Melee It On Me, which obviously isn't the same as being sponsored by say Selfless Gaming like Lucky is now (and in ways is closer to a crew).

On top of that #22 ranked Duck is currently the next highest ranked player without a sponsor.

Really that's pretty crazy to think about. A year ago more than half of the current Melee It On Me top 20 didn't have a true sponsor, and now all but 3 (sort of 4) are.

I'm really happy for Lucky. Glad he landed a legit sponsor.

That means the only top 20 players on 2015 Melee It On Me rankings without a sponsor are:
-#18 DruggedFox, who just recently this past year got into the top 20 mix for the firs time in years.
-#19 Hax, who has unfortunately dealt with injuries, and the fate of his career are still unknown to us and probably him.
-#20 HugS, who has been looking for a sponsor for a long time and realllllly deserves one.

Additionally #16 ranked S2J is sponsored by Melee It On Me, which obviously isn't the same as being sponsored by say Selfless Gaming like Lucky is now (and in ways is closer to a crew).

On top of that #22 ranked Duck is currently the next highest ranked player without a sponsor.

Really that's pretty crazy to think about. A year ago more than half of the current Melee It On Me top 20 didn't have a true sponsor, and now all but 3 (sort of 4) are.
Drugged Fox is sponsored by TGL (Trail Gaming League)

this is cool, when hax comes back he can def get sponsored in .2 seconds but duck and s2j could use legit sponsors
wouldn't be suprised to see lucky in top 10 by the end of the year based off of his performance so far this spring

Top Bottom