• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
HOLY CRAP! SHOTS FREAKING FIRED!!! :joyful:

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the Palutenas Guidance for Lucina! That was simply amazing! :laugh:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the Palutenas Guidance for Lucina! That was simply amazing! :laugh:
I love Viridi even more now omg. Poor Chrom can't seem to catch a break! :laugh:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Wow! The comments section on the GameXplain video that I just posted about Robin's Palutenas Guidance is full of morons! They literally don't get the joke and are taking it VERY personally, saying that Sakurai is a hypocrite because he added clone characters, yet Chrom is not in. HAHAHAHA!! Oh, the internet is truly full of stupid people and I love it sometimes! :p

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I think the thing that annoys me the most about Robin's Guidance is that now the general public sees this as "irrefutable proof" that Lucina could not have been anything more than a Marth clone when characters like Shulk and Rosalina were initially thought of as clones by detractors during the speculation period. This just continues my hope for declone moveset DLC where the Lucina faithful can have the last laugh.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

HAAHAHA:joyful:. I LOVE YOU SAKURIA, THAT IS HILARIOUS. BWHAHAHA

If only Robin had joined in, that would have been infinity times better.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
HAAHAHA:joyful:. I LOVE YOU SAKURIA, THAT IS HILARIOUS. BWHAHAHA

If only Robin had joined in, that would have been infinity times better.
If Robin had joined in, that conversation would surely become legendary! :surprised: Maybe Robin will chime in Lucina's conversation.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Someone making SSB really likes making fun of Chrom. They even referenced the worries of Chrom being too similar to Ike (even funnier considering the deal with Lucina).

But wait- couldn't Chrom have an Aether recovery? He has the ability too.

Also, when they call Robin the Avatar... Now all I can picture is Robin having airbender tattoos (yes, I know that Avatar is the term for Robin in Awakening).
Chapter 7 of A Future Disowned is now up. You can read it here
Ooh, I'll go read it and let you know my thoughts later.
I think the thing that annoys me the most about Robin's Guidance is that now the general public sees this as "irrefutable proof" that Lucina could not have been anything more than a Marth clone when characters like Shulk and Rosalina were initially thought of as clones by detractors during the speculation period. This just continues my hope for declone moveset DLC where the Lucina faithful can have the last laugh.
I like Robin's guidance, but I agree. Decloned Lucina DLC is a beautiful thing.
Just as he should be. :troll: :happysheep:

I jest of course. :p
I like Chrom, but I like making fun of him just as much. He's just so dorky that you can't help it (but that's why I like the character, too).

Anyway Streetpass fest continues. I Spotpassed two more people today. One was a Robin/Sumia run, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who considered doing that pairing (if I had a fourth playthrough slot, it'd be for that pairing). A lot of unpaired Robins out there, though.

Also, my Robin is finally a Sage. She just needs Tomefaire and she's good to go. Now that my crew can take on the stronger bonus box characters, leveling is a lot less painful.

marco-polo

Smash Rookie
Actually in Ike's games, when Ike uses Aether, he throws his sword in air and swing down like he does in smash but he also attack again when he lands. While Chrom is just two grounded slashes. So he cannot have the aether recovery.

Shaymikyu

Actually in Ike's games, when Ike uses Aether, he throws his sword in air and swing down like he does in smash but he also attack again when he lands. While Chrom is just two grounded slashes. So he cannot have the aether recovery.
Ah, got it. Just means I need to play PoR one day if I can ever track it down.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh what the hell, I'll show off my glory here too.

Thankfully, the score did not eclipse Lucina's showing my higher skill with her as opposed to dear Robin. Done with no customs.

:4robinf:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Someone making SSB really likes making fun of Chrom. They even referenced the worries of Chrom being too similar to Ike (even funnier considering the deal with Lucina).

Also, when they call Robin the Avatar... Now all I can picture is Robin having airbender tattoos (yes, I know that Avatar is the term for Robin in Awakening).

Ooh, I'll go read it and let you know my thoughts later.

I like Robin's guidance, but I agree. Decloned Lucina DLC is a beautiful thing.

I like Chrom, but I like making fun of him just as much. He's just so dorky that you can't help it (but that's why I like the character, too).

Anyway Streetpass fest continues. I Spotpassed two more people today. One was a Robin/Sumia run, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who considered doing that pairing (if I had a fourth playthrough slot, it'd be for that pairing). A lot of unpaired Robins out there, though.

Also, my Robin is finally a Sage. She just needs Tomefaire and she's good to go. Now that my crew can take on the stronger bonus box characters, leveling is a lot less painful.
Using the in mission save slots you get on casual runs can technically get you two extra save slots. the only issue is you have to basically save only during fights, and can't save at any other time

Shaymikyu

Using the in mission save slots you get on casual runs can technically get you two extra save slots. the only issue is you have to basically save only during fights, and can't save at any other time
I didn't think about that. It seems like a hassle, though. I might try it if I get desperate, but I still need to work on my other two runs I started plus polish my original run.

EDIT: I have no clue what's happening here, but this is so cute.

(Source)

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You know it just hit me... there is a canon explanation for why blue haired Morgan would be so powerful. She/he has both Fell and Divine Dragon blood.

Shaymikyu

You know it just hit me... there is a canon explanation for why blue haired Morgan would be so powerful. She/he has both Fell and Divine Dragon blood.
That also explains why Robin-mothered Lucina and Chrom-fathered Morgan can be deadly (though I always assumed Lucina was a bit farther from the fellblood somehow and the mark of Grima never materialized on her, or at least it didn't show up until later- Morgan I see as having both, though, and that goes for Lucina-mothered Morgan too).

Anyway, I read the newest chapter of your fic. Inigo and Morgan's relationship is so sweet. Now I'm torn if I should support my female Morgan with Gerome or him.

Shaymikyu

Wait, since when does Lucina have Divine Dragon blood?
I think he meant exhalt blood, which ties her to Naga.

Actually, a Morgan mothered by Tiki would probably be the best example of divine and fell dragon blood together.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I think he meant exhalt blood, which ties her to Naga.

Actually, a Morgan mothered by Tiki would probably be the best example of divine and fell dragon blood together.
That would mean that Marth has dragon Blood too but I really don't think that's the case.

Though I do agree with Tiki (or even Nowi or Nah) being the mother.

Shaymikyu

That would mean that Marth has dragon Blood too but I really don't think that's the case.

True, true. Still, I'd assume Marth genes tend to lead to powerful kids, so the point about Lucina!Morgan being powerful still stands.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice

Wow! That was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Sakurai. You are a troll. I can't believe they would make fun of Chrom the way they did, especially when he says the whole final smash bit. Chrom is now the new punch line character it seems. That whole similar character bit just killed me and made me laugh hard.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the detractors guys. They're just a bunch of idiots who want to look like geniuses when they don't even have logical evidence or good arguments to back them up and only assume based on the common saying and how one appears to be. These are the same guys that talk trash about Ridley, Mewtwo, retro inspired characters, and to an extent, King K.rool. Honestly, that's really stupid they would assume Rosalina and Shulk as so-called clones when they have their own unique powers before their reveal. And don't get me started on the Pac-man and Palutena detractors...

Besides, I'll just show and prove them with all the evidence I have said about Lucina months ago. Of course, she was always going to appear in the game regardless, just not as a playable character at first. And I'm glad like the many of you that she became playable, especially since she's my favorite video game character and character in smash bros. You know, even a similar character can be fun to play as and nothing wrong with liking them, especially since these same people want Roy back and like him and like Falco and Luigi, just saying.

I admit, even though I knew I was going to main the character and like playing as her, I thought Pac-man, and Greninja were the ones that would be my primary mains and the ones I would use the most. Then when I started to play as Lucina and get good with the character, I felt attached to her and really liked how she played and it just felt natural to me and I was honestly surprised since I thought the others I mentioned would be the ones I like the most and not secondary mains. I fell in love with the taunts, costume swaps, the quotes, and gameplay. I knew it was a sign I was going to like the character a lot in Awakening and I do.

My primary mains are as follows: :4lucina:, :3R.O.B.:, :4Peach:, and :4Duck Hunt:
My secondary mains are as follows: :4Pac-man:, and :4Greninja:

P.S. I'm typing with my iPad and would like to put the character icons instead of the words, but when I click on the smiley face, the icon bar doesn't pop up for some reason.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Besides, I'll just show and prove them with all the evidence I have said about Lucina months ago. Of course, she was always going to appear in the game regardless, just not as a playable character at first. And I'm glad like the many of you that she became playable, especially since she's my favorite video game character and character in smash bros. You know, even a similar character can be fun to play as and nothing wrong with liking them, especially since these same people want Roy back and like him and like Falco and Luigi, just saying.

I admit, even though I knew I was going to main the character and like playing as her, I thought Pac-man, and Greninja were the ones that would be my primary mains and the ones I would use the most. Then when I started to play as Lucina and get good with the character, I felt attached to her and really liked how she played and it just felt natural to me and I was honestly surprised since I thought the others I mentioned would be the ones I like the most and not secondary mains. I fell in love with the taunts, costume swaps, the quotes, and gameplay. I knew it was a sign I was going to like the character a lot in Awakening and I do.

P.S. I'm typing with my iPad and would like to put the character icons instead of the words, but when I click on the smiley face, the icon bar doesn't pop up for some reason.
*insert my repeated to death story about how I hated robin/lucina and awakening changed me here*

You can also type the character icons without the smiley bar, you know, since I type on iPad a lot too. Like :4character:

:4 lucina: (no space)=:4lucina:

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Basically having the Mark of Naga means having Divine Dragon blood in that they are blessed by Naga's power. Robin's fell dragon blood is the opposite, as he and his ancestors did. Just with Robin selective breeding had happened so he would be born with an high enough concentration of fell dragon blood to be a viable vessel for old Grimy

The problem is really the English translation. In japan is just referred to as having Holy Blood, but apparently the translation decided to replace holy with divine dragon.

Basically to sum it all up Morgan who has Lucina (or anyone else of the royal bloodline, would have divine blood, the opposite of Robin's blood. Each have had their bloodline imbued with the power of either a Divine or Fell Dragon. They aren't literally decended from said dragons in either case.

Morgan whose mother is Tiki won't have divine dragon blood.... she would instead just literally be a divine dragon.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
*insert my repeated to death story about how I hated robin/lucina and awakening changed me here*

You can also type the character icons without the smiley bar, you know, since I type on iPad a lot too. Like :4character:

:4 lucina: (no space)=:4lucina:
Oh, thank you for the heads up and how I can make icons appear by just typing them. I'm still getting used to that and memorizing what specific words have to be typed in order for certain icons to appear.

Edit: I think your story of becoming a fan of Fire Emblem is awesome. Besides, after playing Awakening, which I am obsessed with, I feel bummed out for not trying out the series earlier and missing out on the other games when they were still in stores. This series is the kind of game I like. I feel your regret for not liking the characters at first and missing out on the other games.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Every time I watch the Palutena's Guidence, why is it that Chrom's reminds me of Captain America?

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Basically having the Mark of Naga means having Divine Dragon blood in that they are blessed by Naga's power. Robin's fell dragon blood is the opposite, as he and his ancestors did. Just with Robin selective breeding had happened so he would be born with an high enough concentration of fell dragon blood to be a viable vessel for old Grimy

The problem is really the English translation. In japan is just referred to as having Holy Blood, but apparently the translation decided to replace holy with divine dragon.
So, wait, the excalt blood line is distantly related to a dragon deity?! Well there's something to brag about

Every time I watch the Palutena's Guidence, why is it that Chrom's reminds me of Captain America?
you know, now that I think about, his voice does sound like Cap's voice from the Averngers and recent Cap moives....

Wow! That was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Sakurai. You are a troll. I can't believe they would make fun of Chrom the way they did, especially when he says the whole final smash bit. Chrom is now the new punch line character it seems. That whole similar character bit just killed me and made me laugh hard.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the detractors guys. They're just a bunch of idiots who want to look like geniuses when they don't even have logical evidence or good arguments to back them up and only assume based on the common saying and how one appears to be. These are the same guys that talk trash about Ridley, Mewtwo, retro inspired characters, and to an extent, King K.rool. Honestly, that's really stupid they would assume Rosalina and Shulk as so-called clones when they have their own unique powers before their reveal. And don't get me started on the Pac-man and Palutena detractors...

My primary mains are as follows: :4lucina:, :3R.O.B.:, :4Peach:, and :4Duck Hunt:
My secondary mains are as follows: :4Pac-man:, and :4Greninja:

:seuss:.
(Joking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom